XP issue with pet battles

86 Human Paladin
Is there something going on with not gaining character xp through pet battles at the moment?

I logged today with this lvl 86 char and took a group of a lvl 10, and 2 lvl 25s against a group of lvl 23s and 24s. I beat various groups about 6-7 times. Although the lvl 10 pet gained xp and leveled up, I received nothing (no charms, no xp, etc.) I carefully watched my xp bar (no movement), my actual xp number (no changes) and checked my chat windows to make sure any xp gain would show (nothing did). I am not in any raid or other group and my xp is not turned off.

I then tried the same thing with a lvl 25 char and using lvl 1 pets against other lvl 1's. Same thing. No char xp gains.

Thoughts? Is this bugged in game at the moment?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Same, no experience gain on my 88 druid either. Was just coming here to look into this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Seconded...

I put in a ticket, haven't been getting exp on my player since Tuesday reset.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
OMG ... I really hope they did not remove that too... T_T'
That was my alternate to questing. T_T'
Didn't want to quest for the 6th -plus more toons.
Please ... Please let it just be a Glitch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is there something going on with not gaining character xp through pet battles at the moment?

I logged today with this lvl 86 char and took a group of a lvl 10, and 2 lvl 25s against a group of lvl 23s and 24s. I beat various groups about 6-7 times. Although the lvl 10 pet gained xp and leveled up, I received nothing (no charms, no xp, etc.) I carefully watched my xp bar (no movement), my actual xp number (no changes) and checked my chat windows to make sure any xp gain would show (nothing did). I am not in any raid or other group and my xp is not turned off.

Actually, what I noticed b4 Tuesday was that I was using my level 25 Healing pet with my 2 level 17 pets... I did not get XP. So I replaced my 25 with another 17, and I got XP again.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
One of the things I also did was to dump the lvl 25s for 2 lvl 23s and a lvl 10 against lvl 23 - lvl 25s. No char xp under those conditions, not when I did lvl 1s vs lvl 1s
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
Be sure you are in a zone appropriate to your characters level while doing the PVP battles to gain experience.

At least that is what someone posted as being a possible solution earlier this week <shrugs>.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Both chars were in zone appropriate locations
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
People may not want to resort to doing pvp pet battles just for a slight chance at getting xp, I know for a fact that isn't what I would prefer. I have 10 90's and was planning to level more characters but if I can't use pve pet xp anymore, then I'll just be stick with my other 90's and won't even bother leveling another character.
Reply Quote
66 Troll Shaman
I am sure that I read somewhere that this is unintended. I came to the forums today specifically to see if there has been any change to the situation, but I see it has not been fixed yet.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
The lack of exp points off of wild pet battles was first noticed and reported on both the CS forum and the bug report forum 2 days ago.

Here is what I know so far:
1. you do still gain exp from pvp pet battles
2. you do still gain exp from tamer quests
3. your pets do get exp from both pve and pvp pet battles
4. you currently do not receive exp from wild (pve) pet battles, even if you are in a level appropriate place for your character, even with a team of pets whose levels are equal to or 5 levels above or below your wild opponent.

2 USA blues stated it was a bug, and was being looked into.
1 EU blue first stated that the change was intentional, but then updated that it may require a restart for any hotfix.

Really hoping they fix this soon!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’d like to thank everyone who submitted information to us about this issue. We can confirm that there is a bug currently that prevents Pet Battlers from properly earning experience on characters under level 90 through PvE encounters. While the issue currently persists in game, it has been addressed and should be fixed once realms are restarted.

We appreciate your patience during this time and if there are any other updates we can provide, we'll post them here in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
YIPPEE!!! Thank you Crithto
Reply Quote
We’d like to thank everyone who submitted information to us about this issue. We can confirm that there is a bug currently that prevents Pet Battlers from properly earning experience on characters under level 90 through PvE encounters. While the issue currently persists in game, it has been addressed and should be fixed once realms are restarted.

We appreciate your patience during this time and if there are any other updates we can provide, we'll post them here in this thread.

Thank you so much for the update!
It is very appreciated!
*pets the pug* and does the happy dance!
Reply Quote
66 Troll Shaman
The lack of exp points off of wild pet battles was first noticed and reported on both the CS forum and the bug report forum 2 days ago.

Here is what I know so far:
1. you do still gain exp from pvp pet battles
2. you do still gain exp from tamer quests
3. your pets do get exp from both pve and pvp pet battles
4. you currently do not receive exp from wild (pve) pet battles, even if you are in a level appropriate place for your character, even with a team of pets whose levels are equal to or 5 levels above or below your wild opponent.

2 USA blues stated it was a bug, and was being looked into.
1 EU blue first stated that the change was intentional, but then updated that it may require a restart for any hotfix.

Really hoping they fix this soon!

Add: While you get xp for the quest when fighting tamers, you currently no longer get xp for the battle itself.

I specifically made a team that is sub-par to fight the Tamers in Winterspring and Deadwood Pass with the intention of getting battle xp from those dailies as well as the xp from the quests themselves. I had no need to do this for any of the other dailies that award bags. It has been my practice to do the majority of these quests on alts that are under 90 in order to max their xp gain.

Up until this bug was introduced, I was very happy with the xp I was getting from the battles with the tamers supplementing the xp from the quests themselves. I really hope it gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
wooo hooo! finally!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Glad you guys found the bug and have a fix coming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Crithto,

Outstanding information...I have wandered from thread to thread on the forums getting all sorts of strange information adn your response was wonderfully worded and clearly stated.

Thanks for making all us little Pet Hoarders happy campers again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Crithto, that's great news.

Not sure if you know or not, but is there a time-frame on when this restart might happen or is that just going to be next Tuesday as usual?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
^ This please. I guess waiting til Tuesday isn't as bad as this not being fixed, but would like to know if a realm restart may occur.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]