XP issue with pet battles

1 Human Warrior
I'd *love* to see a realm restart tomorrow - it'd be awesome to enjoy the xp over the weekend.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I've noticed this as well, but assumed the XP was only from the battle pet masters.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Glad to hear this was a bug. I've found that leveling through pet battles was an incredibly fun and refreshing change of pace. Having "outside the box" ways to level an alt makes the game more fun and keeps the game fresh. Thanks for the info, and thanks for the fix!
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
Thank you very much for the update, Critho! I'm crossing my fingers for a restart shortly! I miss my pet battle leveling.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/13/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Juddinscire
Not sure if you know or not, but is there a time-frame on when this restart might happen or is that just going to be next Tuesday as usual?

I'd bank on Tuesday, but there's always that slight chance something could crop up and require restarts sooner. If that's the case, Breaking News should be updated to alert players.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
.. And i just digned ! xD

but cool to see you are aware of it :D !
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Priest
06/13/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Crithto
We can confirm that there is a bug currently that prevents Pet Battlers from properly earning experience on characters under level 90 through PvE encounters.

To clarify, does this mean we cannot level alts with PvP pet battling anymore??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
We can confirm that there is a bug currently that prevents Pet Battlers from properly earning experience on characters under level 90 through PvE encounters.

To clarify, does this mean we cannot level alts with PvP pet battling anymore??

Until they fix it via restarts..somewhere I saw posted that the fix they have needed a restart to make it take effect. So no leveling via PVE encounters until then

Edit: seems it was in that same post you quoted

While the issue currently persists in game, it has been addressed and should be fixed once realms are restarted.
Edited by Kitrae on 6/14/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Priest
I mean the blue said PvE fights are going to get experience-fixed but ndidn't mention PvP fights.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
I mean the blue said PvE fights are going to get experience-fixed but ndidn't mention PvP fights.

You still get exp from pvp pet battles and tamers, just not pve pet battles right now.
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Priest
06/14/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Sylay

You still get exp from pvp pet battles and tamers, just not pve pet battles right now.

Ooh, cheers! Haven't been able to log in and see for myself for now, understood it wrong then.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please please do a restart this weekend I don't want to do anything other the pet battles to level.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Please please do a restart this weekend I don't want to do anything other the pet battles to level.

I don't think they can and they usually don't do that unless something is game-breaking. They don't work on weekends and it's too late for today.

Just do other things til regular restart on Tues. You still get XP from trainer daily quests and the pets still get XP from battling.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Personally, I think they should have just server restarted eariler. A core feature of a feature isn't working correctly. Only takes 15 mins or w/e
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This is an indication that pet battles are becoming a larger portion of the the overall WoW experience. But they are not as important as Raids and BGs. Otherwise we'd have had rolling restarts. :) Still and all it's no big thing to wait a couple of days.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I opened a ticket on this and sat with a GM on my alt while we did a few "experiments" what I gathered is it's supposed to be working but there's a few conditions.

1. The pet battle needs to last more than 1 minute. With my comp and location it was about 1m 15 sec per battle.
2. The pets need to be within 5 levels of the pet you're battling. (so if you're power leveling pets in Pandaria, you may not gain xp until the pet is level 18-20)

So far, that's all I've seen on the subject.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Level 86 character in Valley of the Four Winds

lvl 25 Emperor Crab
lvl 25 Kun-Lai Runt
lvl 24 Personal World Destroyer (50% in lvl)

fight length - 1 min 32 sec

pet xp gain - 545 xp
character xp gain - 0

Condition 1 and 2 were both satisfied, but the experiment was a failure. Your GM must have been stringing you along or something cause it's obviously bugged and he didn't want to admit it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yep still not getting any exp on my alts, for pet battles im using a 25 on a level 23 sooooooo lol.
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Warlock
I bought a Blossoming Ancient and was going to spend some time levelling up both of us this weekend. I coulda had a V-8!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Level 86 character in Valley of the Four Winds

lvl 25 Emperor Crab
lvl 25 Kun-Lai Runt
lvl 24 Personal World Destroyer (50% in lvl)

fight length - 1 min 32 sec

pet xp gain - 545 xp
character xp gain - 0

Condition 1 and 2 were both satisfied, but the experiment was a failure. Your GM must have been stringing you along or something cause it's obviously bugged and he didn't want to admit it.

No he was right, there was an update on the June 14th hotfixes.... it's just still bugged. But when they resolve the bug those are the conditions to get XP I was just sharing that here - sorry, I should have added more to my original post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]