Hunter Solo'ing

90 Orc Death Knight
Hey there hunters, just a quick question for the lot of yea

How hard would it be for a hunter to solo ulduar 10/25, considering leveling one and I quite enjoy the tier set, so obviously it's gunna be the only reason I'll level the thing.

I know blood can literately faceroll the place (But who's surprised there) and was unsure if hunters would have problems, or just destroy it as well
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10 man is easy, 25 man, geting past leviathan can be interesting to say the least, is it posible, yess, provided you know what you are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10 man is easy, 25 man, geting past leviathan can be interesting to say the least, is it posible, yess, provided you know what you are doing.

Awesome, thanks for the response
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Like any endevour, if you have no clue what you are doing you are going to die, hint kologarn, make sure you kill the hands those things will grab you if left alive to long and will proceed to kill you with out burning your health down. and crzy cat lady, kill her first two cats, blow cds and zerg.
Edited by Eurugan on 6/13/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Like any endevour, if you have no clue what you are doing you are going to die, hint kologarn, make sure you kill the hands those things will grab you if left alive to long and will proceed to kill you with out burning your health down. and crzy cat lady, kill her first two cats, blow cds and zerg.

Oh yea, always good to look up the odd guide for bosses who have a more, unique fight

Then again running in blind and trying to figure it out can be quite fun, thats what I've done with most cata raids so far
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Also, most bosses are imune to growl, take glyph of MD, mending, and animal bond, and use spirit mend talent, spam MD on pet (if you need it I can post a usefull macro for that) and keep pet alive, that makes most bosses rather push over for hunters (we are great for soloing random stuff. want to see a lv 68 solo a fell reaver, dont bother thats actualy rather boring, I solo uludar 10 man regularly for machine bosses (engineer take apart machine bosses for raw parts like eternals, titan steel, saronite, overcharged capacitors, cobalt, cobalt parts, and if im lucky (hasn't happened yet) motorcycle parts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I wasn't 100% sure if the old bosses would be immune to growl or not, guess that answers that.

Also guess I lucked out on getting you to respond, you seem to know a fair deal about doing it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I solo old raids for various purposes (xmog, raiding with leashes pets, old mats that sell for a lot), but my responding isnt so much luck, ask for help, be respectful, and the hunter community typically does its best to help. The only real luck factor is me being online to help so soon after you asked, id have noticed it sooner or later, or someone like whim or leo or bullet might have beat me to helping you out. There is a soloing guid sticky on the forums (top of page for hunter forums), some of it is out of date, but it should help you out tremendously.

There are several hunters who give advice out here, and harsh responses don't really happen, it takes a lot of research to play a hunter well endgame, this leads hunters to being more cooperative and helpful on our forums as we work to help one another figure out tricks to playing the class as best we can,
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I usually just look up and read about a class a bit before leveling, but I thought to myself

Hey, why not use class forums for once, chances are the people playing the class you're considering will probably know a handy thing or two.

Plus now that I've been confirmed that the class is gunna be able to do what I want it to, it won't be a huge waste of time leveling (Looking at you shaman), plus I'm lucky enough to have a buddy who's been playing hunter at an endgame level for quite some time now.

Can get all my info bits off him
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
LOL, my shamans the only toon that hasnt cleared lv 84 (ok thats where I got bored on my pally, yep, at 84, mid cata, couldnt stand lving him one more lv). if you want the hunter lving guide, heres a good thread
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8480658242?page=1
my pet guide
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9281828737
whim has the other pve and PVP guides linked.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks again for all the assistance, probably check those threads in a bit

I must now start my ritual where I spend 20 minutes to an hour thinking of all the pro's and con's of each race and ultimately pick undead as usual
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks again for all the assistance, probably check those threads in a bit

I must now start my ritual where I spend 20 minutes to an hour thinking of all the pro's and con's of each race and ultimately pick undead as usual

Go nigh elf, shadowmeld plus cat prowl and you can afk in the middle of a quest mob zone/town thing, or in the middle of a cave. and if discovered, your pet will probably keep you alive if you know what your doing (hint prowl on auto cast you in a corner, pet farther out, mob discovers pet)

or, considering silencing shot will be MM only next patch(thats our 1 non pet based interupt, and has the shortest cd too, does not require pet to be in range of target), go blood elf for an interrupt. and 15 free focus on use.
Edited by Eurugan on 6/13/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]