HCT 16: I.W.I.N.

90 Dwarf Hunter
Note: On the PTR, Arcane Shot is actually doing 165% weapon damage + 3800. The 50% bonus is taking into account the current 110% and not the prehotfix 100% that we thought.

This means that Arcane Shot and our signatures will be seeing a fair bit of tuning.....hopefully...
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 7:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
KC has needed a re-balacing for a long time. It's actually quite stupid how close it is to AS, and how dependent it is on Mastery (low level hunters shouldn't even think of using it)...

The problem is, where do they pull the damage from to boost it? Stupid shared toolkits.

May I ask why they need to pull damage from somewhere else? Not like we are doing all that much damage damage anyhow.

But if they do need to pull damage from elsewhere, I guess they could pull it from frost mages.
90 Pandaren Hunter
So I asked my GM what class he'd want me to reroll if I needed to. Apparently MW/WW.

But overall, he doesn't want me to unless hunters turn out to be abysmally bad which he doesn't think will happen at all (little does he know)
90 Dwarf Hunter
So I asked my GM what class he'd want me to reroll if I needed to. Apparently MW/WW.

But overall, he doesn't want me to unless hunters turn out to be abysmally bad which he doesn't think will happen at all (little does he know)

Looks to be pretty drastic changes on the horizon, based on the large change to Arcane Shot.

Boosting Arcane Shot to 165% + 3800 will have to result in signature shot damage being boosted and damage being shifted around. They can't leave it that high without adjustements elsewhere but lowering Arcane Shot's damage back down under that 50% threshold for the 50% bonus cost would be a net nerf and defeat the point of the change entirely. The bonus cost + bonus damage would be a good change overall if they can make it work.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 7:36 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Hunter
The bonus cost + bonus damage would be a good change overall if they can make it work.

The if makes me nervous.
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/14/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Leorina
The bonus cost + bonus damage would be a good change overall if they can make it work.

The if makes me nervous.

I'm trying to have faith since it will be a massive failure and completely break our shot cycles if they're unable to do so before they run out of time to revert changes.

The change is definitely needed though since bleeding Focus under Rapid Fire and Heroism is a pain in the !@#. Even with just high Haste builds, it's awful.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 7:40 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
When someone says DPS and not damage, especially when saying "on every single fight," it's likely reference to PvE.

His reference to Mages getting their DPS fix further reinforces that it was a PvE post.

And he's right. Beast Mastery is middle pack on average while Survival is slumping down the charts due to lack of single target effectiveness and Marksmanship is a bottom feeder from being basically trash.

yes but you cant buff hunters in pve without buffing them further in pvp.

Also if you are middle of the pack you are exactly where you should be. Everyone should be a 5, No one should be a 10, and no one should be a 1.

"We have one spec that floats between being a 4 and being a 6, one at a 7, then another at a 10.

The problem is Hunters are poorly designed and have a staggering amount of overlap and all 3 specs are technically PvP viable, meaning buffs to get us on track could throw things off. It's why Marks is a piece of !@#$ in PvE.

Blizzard has designed themselves into a corner with our kits and are at the point where they have to make a choice as Hunters are currently doing fairly poor in PvE because of PvP balance. Even our best spec currently for PvE, Beast Mastery, can easily drop off the face of the earth next tier depending on how fights are designed. It sees large swings in damage between fights after the Blink Strike nerf and goes between being "slightly better than the middle" and "slightly under the middle" with no real stability.

We specifically told Blizzard about our kit overlap issues and it got completely blown off because of the Warlock revamp. We now have kits that use the same exact Focus dump that makes up 30-35% of our DPS and shared between all 3 specs. Our filler shot is then stuck being balanced between our garbage regenerator shot damage (that can't be strong as to not conflict with Arcane Shot) and our signature shots that are also weak because of Arcane Shot and can't be boosted without providing too much PvP damage on short cooldowns and are JUST strong enough to be worth using on cooldown."

Just reposting here since it's relevant to our current situation. I'm getting tired of PvP vs PvE.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 8:38 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Just wait, next expansion we can all re-roll to the new dark ranger class! (pretty please)

edit: Petless Dark Ranger class...
Edited by Bright on 6/14/2013 8:56 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
We one shot H Tortos after spending two nights wiping on it last week.

I don't even this game.
Edited by Gulder on 6/14/2013 9:00 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter
Blizzard can nerf my hunter, but they can't nerf my beer.
100 Troll Hunter
The shared kit is a huge problem. It makes it impossible to adjust one spec without wrecking another, unless they start throwing around passives to compensate.

The easiest way I could see to "fix" KC would be to remove Serpent Sting and Cobra Shot from the spec and bake the expected damage loss into a 5-6 sec bleed on KC.

The spec is in dire need of something to spice it up though, it is incredibly simplistic. I think it might be an interesting dynamic if BM got a second "filler" shot that replenished pet focus. They'd have to make a dynamic decision between dumping, regenning their own focus, or regenning their pets.
90 Orc Hunter
That would pretty much fall into the 'redesign' category.

I think we'll see something solid for next expac, but we're stuck with band-aid fixes for now.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Just wait, next expansion we can all re-roll to the new dark ranger class! (pretty please)

edit: Petless Dark Ranger class...

"you rolled a pet class"

let's please make it obvious this time that we don't want our DPS chained to a computer
Edited by Dreaded on 6/14/2013 11:28 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter
http://25.media.tumblr.com/2cf32099ac8b1451370e5bd8352e3a27/tumblr_mo8vycgx1M1qhd8sao1_500.gif
8 Goblin Warrior
Blizzard can nerf my hunter, but they can't nerf my beer.
Spoken like a true Dwarf.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Last night, i was having horrible luck geting gear for my druid to go on to heart of fear, i went to see what my brother was doing, (im a college student who comutes from my parrents house), and ended up watching him play luigi's mansion on the wii (the original game cube version), until around 11, at which point he went to bed and I made a new file and played to around 1 am, having almost caught up to him. Then I woke up at 7 am not tired at all. I had slept in till noon the previous day, having night classes in college and no morning classes in the summer is really throwing of my biological clock, I'm waking up and getting tired at all kinds of random hours.
8 Goblin Warrior
Last night I was pretty much playing one handed, my left one was a little swollen and I hurt it for the second time in a week. I also pulled both trash and Horridon off the tank. I will say that I had better success with a Nether Ray and a mouse over marco on those venom priests.
8 Goblin Warrior
http://www.haythornthwaite.com/Assets/Steam%20Engine%20(5).JPG

Here is the reason why we have the term balls out. It's a governor for a steam engine. Balls out means that it's at full speed and thus their position.
100 Dwarf Hunter
In other news, I'm officially hired by Starbucks and will be cross-trained to work at anthony's pizza.

Money money money.

Though the humor is not lost on me. I'm an art student working at starbucks.
Ironically, however, I rarely drink coffee.

Tell me how that goes. I'm intrigued in working there since no jerbz anywhere else here.

Also I go casually into Sethekk Halls to get The Boomstick, only to see the silly mount drops. And the gun didn't! Kew kew.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ive looted, put in void storage, taken out, and sold the boom stick several times, despite it going well with the giant stalker set (i tend to use an uludar gun for that set, the one from XT or the one from ignis).

Id like the mount, ok id like enough mounts for the blue armored dragonhawk, im currently trying to get the rift stalker set, all im currently waiting on are 2 more wind scales to be put up for auction on my server, then im going to get the other mats which are readily available, make the belt, and give the old raids another shot at giving me the drops im missing before i do item restoration from past weeks runs (when I thought it was gron stalker) to complete the set.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]