HCT 16: I.W.I.N.

100 Tauren Hunter
DO you atleast enjoy raiding with your guild? Are you willing to wait to see if they improve hunters next expac to be raid viable?

Are you in Method?

if not don't consider his latter question
Edited by Dreaded on 6/16/2013 10:25 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
06/16/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Dreaded
DO you atleast enjoy raiding with your guild? Are you willing to wait to see if they improve hunters next expac to be raid viable?

Are you in Method?

if not don't consider his latter question

rofl

Depends on where you're looking really. I could give you guilds right now that have higher progression and are looking for hunters. Guess they need buff bots.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Apparently warlocks are getting hit pretty hard in 5.4. Confirm/deny?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hunters are honestly not that bad atm. Unless your pushing an enrage as tight as week 1 Gara'jal heroic or something in my experience a smart guild is always going to bring the player, not the class. The dumb mediocre guilds who try to stack all the "best classes" and bench their good players are only hurting themselves, it's the reason why they are mediocre.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

If you consider having to stand still to cast like every other caster getting hit hard, then maybe? I may have missed other changes but that's all I can remember seeing.
90 Orc Hunter
06/16/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Bright

If you consider having to stand still to cast like every other caster getting hit hard, then maybe? I may have missed other changes but that's all I can remember seeing.

Everyone will just go Demo. Locks will be fine, they still have massive utility, output and damage mitigation, but Aff will likely die.
90 Pandaren Hunter
The dumb mediocre guilds who try to stack all the "best classes" and bench their good players are only hurting themselves, it's the reason why they are mediocre.

Though ultimately, wouldn't it be better to have good players playing good classes?

I may have missed other changes but that's all I can remember seeing.

That's what I thought too but there's a whole lot of them complaining pretty hard.
/shrug?
100 Tauren Hunter

Everyone will just go Demo. Locks will be fine, they still have massive utility, output and damage mitigation, but Aff will likely die.

this

seriously don't understand why they gave warlocks so much more utility in MoP with the gateway

I really wish they would give hunters something in the form of a pet or like an addition to the trap launcher which gave us some raid utility similar to what warlocks bring. they could give us a 5min cd trap that afflicts the boss with a debuff that increases critical damage done against similar to Skull Banner. I don't care for a cooldown, because that's boring... a pet that supplies healthstones, or even mana rocks for healers, that would make us unique compared to the rest of the pures.
Edited by Dreaded on 6/16/2013 11:41 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter

this

seriously don't understand why they gave warlocks so much more utility in MoP with the gateway

I really wish they would give hunters something in the form of a pet or like an addition to the trap launcher which gave us some raid utility similar to what warlocks bring. they could give us a 5min cd trap that afflicts the boss with a debuff that increases critical damage done against similar to Skull Banner. I don't care for a cooldown, because that's boring... a pet that supplies healthstones, or even mana rocks for healers, that would make us unique compared to the rest of the pures.
Crazy thought here, but you gave me an idea...

What if Trueshot Aura gave replenishment for every resource? 1% every 3 seconds or something. Warriors could get a free 1.2 rage, so what. But I feel healers would be foaming at the mouth for that. (and an arcane mage would sage-nod)
100 Dwarf Hunter
In other news, Apparently rift is 100% free to play...

Now I might redownload it and dust off my account for some shenanigans.
90 Orc Hunter
06/16/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Leorina
The dumb mediocre guilds who try to stack all the "best classes" and bench their good players are only hurting themselves, it's the reason why they are mediocre.

Though ultimately, wouldn't it be better to have good players playing good classes?

Very hard to find. We seem to have a different group every night... makes progression of any kind so annoying.

06/16/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Leorina
I may have missed other changes but that's all I can remember seeing.

That's what I thought too but there's a whole lot of them complaining pretty hard.
/shrug?

They're very upset about losing KJC.

GC:

"I may be wrong, but my hunch is most locks aren't upset because of the talents. I think they just want to cast while moving."
90 Pandaren Hunter
"I may be wrong, but my hunch is most locks aren't upset because of the talents. I think they just want to cast while moving."

Well...duh? I'd be pissed if they removed my ability to cast on the move too (without reinstating fox)

But locks are just really stronk atm so it's justified at least.
90 Orc Hunter
Well, that's different in a sense, because moving while casting was made a passive for us. It was supposed to be a choice for them, but it ended up being a passive for most of them. Blizzard had the option of either rolling it into the class or nerfing the talent and they chose to nerf the talent.

What he was talking about was that most complaints weren't centered around the new implementation of the talents (including Mannoroth's Fury, which was also nerfed similarly) but simply around the fact that KJC was no longer a passive.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I try to think of us as rogues with long arms, not casters. In the case of warlocks though it just means they will have to actually think about what's going on and pre-plan movement.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Guys... GUYS!

Petless hunters...
In Rift.
90 Orc Hunter
Tried it, didn't like it.

I just seem to go into every mmo, pick up the nearest equivalent to the hunter class and drop the game if I'm not having fun.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Guys... GUYS!

Petless hunters...
In Rift.

I went with the equiv of a fire mage, level 40 or so. Got a bit bored of it though and haven't logged on for a few days. The combat seems really sluggish and isn't nearly as interactive as WoW.
One thing I really like is the amount of world events (rifts, zone invasions, etc) and how all of the players in the zone drop what they're doing, come together and fight off whatever is invading. The invasions especially are a whole lot of fun and every zone has completely different ones.
96 Gnome Priest
One of the big things that drew me towards buying Rift during the last Steam Summer Sale was the separation of PvP and PvE specs. Between work, school (at that time), catching up on TV, reading, moving, etc I just never got a chance to play. A couple guildies really recommended it.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Loved the class system in rift, might as well try it.

Also I'm not getting capped on Conquest again, weeee.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Did rift simply not work out as well as wow did (ok thats obvious), or are they still making money off it with some other strategy (AH like diablo, gear, content, class). Do you have to pay to get the program itself and expansion(s)?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]