Legendary Quest 'Celestial Blessings'

I've tried everything. Pre-potting, zerg rush, kiting & slowing adds, trying to stay behind him and none of it seems to work. Has anyone else completed this quest as a hunter that could say how they completed it?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I went SV, after trying several times as BM, slow adds and take barrage and exhiliration. Makes fight pretty trivial if you keep pets slowed and use barrage on mirror phase.
Reply Quote
Yea, I've tried that and still can't seem to get it completed. I can come close (<2%) but that last little bit is just getting there. Beginning to wonder if gear is an issue (still have yet to see any tier from this expansion) and I've been relying on LFR/Nalak for tier drops as the raid group I'm in is semi-casual and we raid only 2 times per week. I would think that one should be able to complete it w/ LFR gear at a minimum, but once again I can't test this as I've gotten no tier drops.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I did it as Beast Mastery, in valor/LFR gear.

When the blood spawned, I found single-targeting them down to be more manageable than using aoe. Meant that after the initial group, there was never more than one, sometimes two up at a time.

Basically I spent most of the time on adds while my ray whittled down Wrathion.

I imagine using potions, a spirit beast or core hound, and Barrage would have made things a lot simpler, but wanted to show myself I could handle it the way I usually play without needing to adapt to the encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yea, I've tried that and still can't seem to get it completed. I can come close (<2%) but that last little bit is just getting there. Beginning to wonder if gear is an issue (still have yet to see any tier from this expansion) and I've been relying on LFR/Nalak for tier drops as the raid group I'm in is semi-casual and we raid only 2 times per week. I would think that one should be able to complete it w/ LFR gear at a minimum, but once again I can't test this as I've gotten no tier drops.

Your gear shouldnt be a problem, your at ilv 521, reg gear is ilv 522, chances are your either standing still to much, or your messing up your dps method. That said, I still dont have my legendary meta, so Im no where near doing that. You do know there are 4 chalenges, and you only have to do one of them right? Now, I got no more advice as I havent done it yet.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
06/12/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Eurugan
You do know there are 4 chalenges, and you only have to do one of them right?

The game doesn't let hunters attempt the other three - we're considered ranged dps, so the tank/healer/melee dps challenges are locked to us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/12/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Tajit

The game doesn't let hunters attempt the other three - we're considered ranged dps, so the tank/healer/melee dps challenges are locked to us.

Ok, didnt know that, thanks. Im not that far in the legendary quest, so I didnt know.
Reply Quote
Ok, gonna try doing the adds one at a time and see how that pans out.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Tajit

Yes. The celestial blessing, while it helps every single other challenge, it does not for hunters. GG blizzard.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Jinza
This did not work. But maybe what I think is obvious isn't the same. What did you do in the 'obvious' part because i tried reviving pet and still ended up dying and not reviving pet and single target his images and died from the mirror images.

1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.

This works and is fairly easy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
better RNG for them runestone drops would nice..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I just wanna say that the OP has an amazing ilvl for having never raided lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What's really pathetic is that blizzard made LFR have a higher droprate of runestones than both regular AND heroic raiding.

See'ing LFR noobs without a single regular boss downed with their heroic cape while im still sitting at 3/12 makes me laugh at blizzard and their retarded design concepts.
Reply Quote

You would be incorrect in that statement. We do raid but our raid group is pretty casual and raid once per week so our going is slow compared to someone that is in a raiding guild that runs more often.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Dristwaz

You would be incorrect in that statement. We do raid but our raid group is pretty casual and raid once per week so our going is slow compared to someone that is in a raiding guild that runs more often.

not much of an excuse, my group raids saturday nights, some times sunday, and we are able to clear 11/12 now. just by looking at my numbers of each boss killed you can see how we progressed for the most part.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Encountered some problems while attempting it as BM. Changed to Survival and used multi-shot to agro the adds, then used a frost trap to create a kiting area. Then I just kept circling the arena and dragging the add pack over the frost trap twice before it wore off to gain distance. Make sure you pop all your CDs at the start while behind him then disengage away with Posthaste.
Apparently there is a mirror phase but I never saw it.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
What's really pathetic is that blizzard made LFR have a higher droprate of runestones than both regular AND heroic raiding.

See'ing LFR noobs without a single regular boss downed with their heroic cape while im still sitting at 3/12 makes me laugh at blizzard and their retarded design concepts.

So run lfr?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
06/14/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Dristwaz

1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.

This works and is fairly easy.

I have tried and tried this but still no luck, except for a 1,000 gold repair bill so far.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The first ten or so times I attempted this I thought it would be impossible. After tweaking a strategy I found on these forums, I finished this quest in a few attempts.

To begin the fight I stood directly behind Wrathion, practically on top of him. I used a core hound, (ferocity) cast Ancient Hysteria and blew everything I had. Stayed right on him, just stepped behind him when he did his big frontal cone ability.

When he began to spawn adds, I ran to the balcony outside behind Yu'lon and used Feign Death. Wrathion came up to me, the adds stayed downstairs. My pet didn't die by the time I killed him, but you can always pop Heart of the Phoenix if the adds eat your pet. Growl wasn't on, by the way.

I started right in burning Wrathion again when he came up to me, same thing, just stepped behind him for the cone. When he spawned his second set of adds I just ran back towards the main room, not stopping DPS. He died while chasing me back down the stairs.

Not being annihilated by the adds is obviously the main part of this fight. I didn't dps them, trap them etc.... Just ran to the balcony and feigned death. I don't know what was going on with the adds while I was out on the balcony because I couldn't see. All I know is my pet stayed alive and they didn't chase me down. Try it and see how it works for you. Good luck!
Edited by Nickelnine on 6/19/2013 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Had my cloak for a few weeks now. The "ranged" challenge gives you an Int buff and is more for casters, but you can make it work. I've heard the "melee" one should be easier to do, but I didn't try.

That said make sure all your cd's are available. I did it as SV, slowing traps for the adds, explosive trap instead of black arrow once they start coming out. Don't try to outrun the adds, DPS them down. Once I did this instead of just trying to ignore then and concentrate on Wrathion it went down and I didn't even realize it was about to happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]