T16 WW Set Bonuses

100 Human Monk
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now generates 1 Chi. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick now generates 2 Chi.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus (New) Every 3 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Doesn't really make much sense, basically haste capped already, why would our set bonuses be focused around chi??
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
Because they think that WW's are starved for resources. Plus, they kind-of contradict each other, which seems odd for a set bonus.

At least BrM and MW get some solid set bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That said, I do kinda prefer our current BrM bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The WW 4 piece is going to promote the constant consumption and maintenance of Brew, but it doesn't offer a lot to actually doing so. Still going to come down to whether or not Rune get's broken.

Im rather happy I seem to be playing BrM mainspec nowadays >.>
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
The WW 4 piece is going to promote the constant consumption and maintenance of Brew, but it doesn't offer a lot to actually doing so. Still going to come down to whether or not Rune get's broken.

Im rather happy I seem to be playing BrM mainspec nowadays >.>

The constant consumption of the brew could possibly break RoRo. Possibly. I doubt it, but weirder !@#$'s happened.

It's unlikely they'll change them. If T15 was any indication, there's not enough of us to get attention to change them.

Hopefully they'll be itemized closely/the same like the prior two tiers so I can just use a BrM set for when I DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
2 piece will be crazy good for pvp, it will prolly be changed
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
I like how almost every class has multiple changes in their notes and for monks...

Chi Torpedo.... really?

Do devs even play monks?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I think the whole point of the bonuses is to have monks drop haste and just plain stack mastery.

ADDITIONAL: Who knows at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the must have trinket of 5.4 has a proc which increases your highest secondary stat by 50% for 10 seconds or something like that.
Edited by Visyian on 6/11/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
These WW set bonuses would not outweigh the current RoR proc. Extra chi is useless when we'll reach 10k+ Haste keeping the 1:1:1 secondaries ratio.

Using a 6-stack TeB instead of a 10-stack TeB only nets 1 extra Chi, hardly worthwhile.

Only a RoR or TeB snapshot nerf can change our playstyle.
Edited by Snapmonk on 6/11/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I feel like we'll be able to break away from haste if we want to, or we might want to consider that it may not be a bad thing to be energy capped.

I mean think of it. Instead of having to Jab to get two chi, and getting a proc for BoK, and then doing another BoK to spend the chi, we will now be able to. Jab- get a free BoK (gain 2 chi)- Use another BoK, and then BoK again. I honestly don't think that energy capping will matter. We use energy on Jab to generate chi, but jab is weak. When we generate extra chi with stronger skills, it will reduce our dependency on jab.

If you look at where our damage comes from, it isn't from Energy. Our real damage comes from when we spend our chi.
Edited by Elv on 6/11/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I think the bonus is really good, and I think its intentions are potentially there to reduce the value of haste. Haste is what gives us high energy rates, as well as the talent Ascension, with all the value of haste, we're Haste capped when it comes to Combo Breaker Procs. But what I think it would do, is make crit and mastery just stand out a lot more. The damage bonus mixed with the increased chi generation from Combo Breaker as well as the free Chi from Combo Breaker would make mastery quite valuable, imo
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Full heroic thunderforged (bood-soaked?) + RoRO it is.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
06/11/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Gutsu
There's no way this would ever make live.

I think I laughed too hard when I read this.

I feel like we'll be able to break away from haste if we want to, or we might want to consider that it may not be a bad thing to be energy capped.

I mean think of it. Instead of having to Jab to get two chi, and getting a proc for BoK, and then doing another BoK to spend the chi, we will now be able to. Jab- get a free BoK (gain 2 chi)- Use another BoK, and then BoK again. I honestly don't think that energy capping will matter. We use energy on Jab to generate chi, but jab is weak. When we generate extra chi with stronger skills, it will reduce our dependency on jab.

If you look at where our damage comes from, it isn't from Energy. Our real damage comes from when we spend our chi.

The realness is our damage comes from RoRo. There's only one way I'd drop haste, RoRo getting nerfed into oblivion. These tier bonuses would mean being energy capped like a mother.

If they did nerf RoRo, they'd have to buff monk damage. It's literally a difference of being first or last on the damage meter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPFMzskXZvY
Edited by Vex on 6/12/2013 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Vex:
If they did nerf RoRo, they'd have to buff monk damage. It's literally a difference of being first or last on the damage meter

Yeh, really huge buffs. It also encourages constant dumping of brew to get cheaper attacks (which reduces the stacks we get, makes sense).

inb4 I do good damage in my 3/12 normal mode guild and our DPS is fine.
Edited by Face on 6/12/2013 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I had to explain to friends last night why me at 508 (without RoR) keeping up with a mage at 509 was a pretty big accomplishment. Note - I took pretty much this entire tier off and have just come back - so catching up has been a pain. They just don't understand how dependent WW is on RoR and all of our class balance is centered around it.

The tier sets are moronic IMO. If you're anywhere over 530, you're essentially GCD capped and chi/energy are pretty low on your management list. You'll be chi capped with these bonuses. I don't know if this is their under-handed attempt to push people out of Ascension, but who knows. Change the talents, not put in awful tier sets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The tier sets are moronic IMO. If you're anywhere over 530, you're essentially GCD capped and chi/energy are pretty low on your management list. You'll be chi capped with these bonuses. I don't know if this is their under-handed attempt to push people out of Ascension, but who knows. Change the talents, not put in awful tier sets.

My thoughts exactly, I see a ton of Excess chi being had due to the new combo breaker procs giving chi when most times I'm at 5 chi and have a proc, needing to dump it all before I energy cap, the only thing I see the 2 set doing is removing the need to jab every so often when it does not cause you to chi cap. The 4 set Just makes me /facepalm i just can't see how its nothing but a minor boost?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Same thought I had at first :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
The realness is our damage comes from RoRo. There's only one way I'd drop haste, RoRo getting nerfed into oblivion. These tier bonuses would mean being energy capped like a mother

I did 115k with my gear before I got RoRo. I haven't actually raided with RoRo to test it out. But our damage doesn't just come from RoRo. In order to use any of our skills, we need chi. The only way to gain chi currently is through jab, expel harm, and CJL.

If we drop a 15k hit, and free up a GCD with a 75k BoK, and still gain 2 chi, I don't see where the issue is. Next time you're looking through recount, see how much damage is done overall through Jab, and compare it to tiger palm, BoK, RSK, and FoF.

If we reach a point where we almost never spend energy, and we can just play with chi, I wouldn't mind it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Remember Arcane Mages and Shard of Woe, and how utterly dependent they were on that trinket for T11-T12? Remember how Blizzard, in turn, nerfed the trinket. I wouldn't doubt to see the RPPM procs nerfed on RoR before T16.

It's funny how they wanted to avoid the SoW situation with Arcane in the future, and then in turn made it 10x worse with WW and RoR.

I just see these set bonuses as a push to Power Strikes and Chi Brew - which both need a rework.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]