T16 WW Set Bonuses

91 Pandaren Monk
If RoRo gets broken and this patch gets pushed without any buffs to the Monk class to counteract RoRo being broken, and these set bonuses go live... i'm going to have to consider changing classes indefinitely.

All of these changes indicate, to me, that WW Monks are headed into the wrong direction. We're so heavily dependent on having good RNG for RoRo procs to be able to parse competitively right now... Just one unlucky streak in a single encounter can easily put us at the bottom of a parse, and there's no indication as of right now to show us that this is going to get changed whatsoever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The 2p isn't worthless just because we are GCD capped.

More chi to a GCD capped WW means repacing Jabs with Blackout Kicks, which is more damage plus more chi spent yielding more Tigereye Brew stacks.

The 4p seems really weak though in comparison. Saving chi does not translate to more TeB stacks like generating it does, and the amount saved from the 4p compared to the amount gained from the 2p is very small.

I might do some napkin math later on the strength of these bonuses.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Because they think that WW's are starved for resources

They can be... at lower ilvls (ie: ToT lfr ilvls)

Its one of the major problems with this expansion, there is such a vast difference between lfr ilvl and normal/heroic, and its exploded over this expansion so much, that someone at 490-500 ilvl will struggle to actually have GCDs filled and still have decent mastery/crit (frankly its not even really possible, even with good use of energizing brew), while someone at 540 will be sitting GCD capped even forging away from haste a bit.

So, its actually true what you said, at lfr ilvls. Which is why tier bonuses have been so stupid this expansion. They cant be used properly by both low and high ilvls properly. Thanks Oba.. err Thanks Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
More chi to a GCD capped WW means repacing Jabs with Blackout Kicks, which is more damage plus more chi spent yielding more Tigereye Brew stacks.

Except those times you get combo breaker procs when getting chi, since the only way to get procs is to use jab, which gives us 2 chi, the potential for wasted chi is pretty darn high, and in those situations its not a gain at all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
ONE
bump but we need to get this noticed on the ptr thread
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
There's no way this would ever make live.

I think I laughed too hard when I read this.

Two words.

Told ya.

Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 5%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 5%.
Edited by Gutsu on 6/20/2013 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 50%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 50%.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus Every 4 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Latest PTR build update to our set bonus, nice.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 50%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 50%.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus Every 4 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Latest PTR build update to our set bonus, nice.

See? All ya had to do was wait amigo =)

50%. That's friggen hawt. Maybe too hawt. I wonder if maybe it'll drop some before release... something tells me it might hit 35% or so. Just a hunch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I don't know if anyone is still reading this stuff but I do have a question regarding the 4pc set bonus just to know how it works. The 4pc bonus which is in live now allows some of our chi spending abilities to use less chi when we attack with them. My question is whether or not that less chi use counts as less chi used to generate Tigerseye Brew? We generate Brew whenever we use four chi (up from three last patch). So if our 4pc set bonus makes us use less chi overall and patch changes make us generate less Brew than we used to wouldn't that be a net loss in brew up-time and therefore a loss for our dps? Unless of course they are looking for the mastery that we get from gear, even if we aren't gemming or reforging for it, to be enough to increase our overall brew generation with our new mastery this patch. I don't know. Just some questions if there are any devs or theory crafters out there who know the answer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I don't know if anyone is still reading this stuff but I do have a question regarding the 4pc set bonus just to know how it works. The 4pc bonus which is in live now allows some of our chi spending abilities to use less chi when we attack with them. My question is whether or not that less chi use counts as less chi used to generate Tigerseye Brew? We generate Brew whenever we use four chi (up from three last patch). So if our 4pc set bonus makes us use less chi overall and patch changes make us generate less Brew than we used to wouldn't that be a net loss in brew up-time and therefore a loss for our dps? Unless of course they are looking for the mastery that we get from gear, even if we aren't gemming or reforging for it, to be enough to increase our overall brew generation with our new mastery this patch. I don't know. Just some questions if there are any devs or theory crafters out there who know the answer.

The 4 set only discounts the cost of the abilities for the purposes of using the ability, not when counting the cost for TEB stack generation. This in fact creates a small beneficial looping interaction with our mastery, thusly raising the value of mastery, but not more so than haste or crit.

With zero mastery at all we'd spend 40 chi, gain 10 stacks of TEB
Spend 10 stacks of TEB brew and spend 39 chi to gain 10 stacks of TEB

With 50% mastery we'd spend ~28 chi to gain 10 stacks of TEB
Spend 10 stacks of TEB brew and now you can spend 27 chi to gain 10 stacks of TEB

39/40 = 97.5% chi needed for 10 stacks
27/28 = 96.4% chi needed for 10 stacks

So as we get more mastery the value of our 4p goes up, this is inversely true as well, our 4p makes more mastery valuable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]