Mistweaver Monk Changes 5.4

90 Pandaren Monk
The Chi Torpedo change is already in the game so i'll talk about set bonuses.

Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 2P Bonus (New) When Gift of the Serpent spheres heal a player, they gain an absorb for 45% of the amount healed.

This is pretty good, makes mastery a more desireable stat

Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 4P Bonus (New) When your Renewing Mist heals a target, you have a 4% chance to cast a Chi Wave healing bolt that will not bounce at a nearby low health friendly target.

This is a rather minor increase in healing over t15 2 set, kinda lame I wished they would of kept it @20% and nerfed the chi wave healing. Still super good for progression, but it doesn't look as awesome as it was before :( #cut4monk4set

So more changes!

Chi brew now grants 3 stacks of mana tea

Power Strikes now procs off Spinning Crane kick and Expel Harm

Both these changes are completely irrelevant and only serve to make the talents work better for other specs. Most important thing about this buff is no one is going to take ascension and say it's better mp5 wise (Which it's not)

ANOTHER ROUND OF CHANGES!

They nerfed 4 set =/

As for Trinkets
Trinket #2 and Trinket #3 will probably be BiS

The Static crit healing, mastery and haste buff will make reaching higher haste caps much easier.

#3 lol TFT, revival and Life cocoon cdr is a must have for the harder bosses.

While TFT reduction isn't amazing in 10's it's godly in 25's
If these trinkets are RPPM they'll have a really high uptime for monks which will make up for the lack of static int

Spirit of Chi-Ji - Your healing spells also grant the target the Spirit of Chi-Ji, which heals the target for 3% of their missing health, every 1 sec, for 3 sec.

I hope we can still use Jadefire Drape and keep this bonus, otherwise we'll have to use a lame old spirit cloak

jk blizzard is lame we have to use the lame spirit cloak

More changes!

They buffed our set bonuses wooooooo

2 set is now even more amazing. And 4 set is about the same

Will update this with future monk buffs/nerfs
Edited by Suplift on 7/9/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
I, for one, welcome myself as the new healer overlord.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mastery is probably going to be stronger than crit next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have an image in my head of Monks running around shooting green goo in all directions.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
I wonder if the mastery shields will stack on eachother.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I feel like 4 set is going to cause server lag LOL
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How do priests and monks get these godly 4 sets while hpal gets 45 seconds off a 3m cd and like 3% mastery? I'm happy you guys are getting these, I raid with priests and monks, just kind of awkward seeing overwhelming differences between sets.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
Well, you see. You rolled the wrong class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Think of it this way, you'll become a strong tank healer next patch with this :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Think of it this way, you'll become a strong tank healer next patch with this :D

Congrats on Lei Shen and Ra-den.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
So with 4pc we just stack to the highest breakpoint possible for rem and machine gun out chi waves during TFT?
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
yeah I think so. lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
How do priests and monks get these godly 4 sets while hpal gets 45 seconds off a 3m cd and like 3% mastery? I'm happy you guys are getting these, I raid with priests and monks, just kind of awkward seeing overwhelming differences between sets.

Because you got yours in t14 when ours was utter garbage?

The item set bonuses are always screwed up for balance across different classes/specs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
15 ticks on renewing mist inc
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
now if only i could somehow get people to run through my mastery balls......
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Monk
I still believe crit will be more valuable than mastery, the 20% shields are useful, but as it stands how mastery affects GotS doesn't really make mastery any better than what it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
theres no reason NOT to go for the 12k haste bp w/o stance with the new 4 pc. If there's another haste bp after that i'm sure people will go for it just because of how retarded our 4 pc will be. our 2 piece next tier seems mediocre unless it includes overhealing from our mastery
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I still believe crit will be more valuable than mastery, the 20% shields are useful, but as it stands how mastery affects GotS doesn't really make mastery any better than what it is.

Mastery is already amazing as it is.

Now with a free added absorb and pulsing aoe damage. Our mastery and spells that chain proc mastery are going to be a lot stronger.

I can also see going for 15150 (15 ticks) will be possible next tier with epic gems.

4 set is godly and I want it for progression

Finally all 3 of our secondary stats will be strong with this 2 set
Edited by Suplift on 6/12/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
As it stands right now, 4pc is a ~100% increase to ReM's healing. No !@#$ing way is that going live.

I'd expect it to be closer to 5% when all is said and done. That's a bigger increase than 2t15 while not being completely %^-*ing bonkers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]