Mistweaver Monk Changes 5.4

90 Pandaren Monk
LA
06/20/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Eleäzaras
Can we make our serpent statue more useful? Thanks.

The more overpowered the class, the more needy they get. Never fails. Enjoy the 4pc and sitting at a Spirit level virtually nobody else can even dream of.

I am assuming the 4pc will be getting nerfed in some way as well as receiving a nerf to our mana regeneration. Losing our t15 2pc to pick up the t16 4pc will make it a little less drastic of a healing increase but it is a bonus far stronger than most of the other healing classes are currently looking to get.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Mastery is probably going to be stronger than crit next patch.

I just hope I can get people to run through my balls.

(Okay, that just doesn't sound right.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/20/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Jujubiju
Mastery is probably going to be stronger than crit next patch.

I just hope I can get people to run through my balls.

(Okay, that just doesn't sound right.)

You could have said it so much worse though.

"Run into my balls and you'll feel better."

"Touch my balls or you'll probably die"

"We'll need a massive amount of proper ball usage for this boss"

Combo it with E-Peen jokes and the stuff just writes itself.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

/cackles manically

I've got to macro some of those.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Someone needs to make Gift of the Serpent buddy
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
06/20/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Eleäzaras
Can we make our serpent statue more useful? Thanks.

The more overpowered the class, the more needy they get. Never fails. Enjoy the 4pc and sitting at a Spirit level virtually nobody else can even dream of.

are you a shaman or a holy pally?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
How do priests and monks get these godly 4 sets while hpal gets 45 seconds off a 3m cd and like 3% mastery? I'm happy you guys are getting these, I raid with priests and monks, just kind of awkward seeing overwhelming differences between sets.

Was unaware my 4 set was "Godly".

Unless that word now means "Unimpressive".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

/cackles manically

I've got to macro some of those.

One I have been using is something like "*Healing Spheres are up.* I'd better see those balls being grabbed.*"

As soon it gets old rotate in some new ones. The internet is a great resource for ball jokes, as I am sure you can imagine. Gotta be careful where/when you re researching them, though...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
2pc was 1.6% of my healing and 4pc was around 27% on Protector's PTR kill. That was without having weakauras on because it was tanking my fps so I expect it to be even higher with everything working.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/24/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Pandamonius
4pc was around 27% on Protector's PTR kill.

That

Is

Awesome
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
This 4pc is so unbelievably good. I give it about a week.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Blizzard really has 2 choices.

Savagely nerf the 4pc

or

Delete the other healers because outside of Disc they are literally useless and a waste of a raidspot.

This is especially annoying as a Druid since Mistweavers have pretty much replaced Resto Druids in every possibly way this expansion and now they're going to drive us into extinction with one of the best tier bonuses of all time... while Druids are stuck with one of the worst.

Druids are also clearly significantly nerfed from live (Where we're clearly well behind Disc and Mistweavers and probably on Par with Holy if anybody ever played it) with the mushroom healing reduction and placement insanity. Genesis is nice but not a gamechanger. Tier bonuses are a massive step back from T15 and especially T14.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Edited by Eleäzaras on 6/24/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's pretty silly to think it won't be nerfed way before Live. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. It would be nice if testing could be done without it (and with the other inevitable class changes to the other healers) to see where things stand with a more "final" build though. I don't want other MW stuff abused too much because of an out of control set bonus.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Let us be clear here:

When I say "nerf." I mean this 4pc needs to be gutted to the tune of a 90% output reduction or more (in 25s I doubt even 90% would be reasonable). I'm already seeing logs, 10 man logs where the healing will be lower... of 25-35% healing TOTAL. Even a 90% reduction would leave the 4pc being too good... when you consider this is PTR and almost nobody has addons and cooldown trackers, among other considerations. Especially compared to some of the other healer bonuses which are basically worse than having nothing (or equivalent).

Also keep in mind that this is currently normal testing. The Chi Wave is currently sniping a large portion of healing that Renewing Mist would be doing. On Heroics there will be far less sniping (I mean the healing already looks to be completely out of line, but it will only get worse as the content gets harder).
Edited by Eleäzaras on 6/24/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why are you getting so angry over something on the ptr lol
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
I suppose I don't understand how something so utterly insane can even make it this far without someone going "gee, this is A REALLY BAD IDEA GUYS."

I mean, most people with more than 2 brain cells to rub together realized immediately, just by reading the bonus, how OP it would be. Now that it's ACTUALLY somehow made it this far, the nerf required to make it reasonable is tremendous. Will they do it? Apparently they thought this version had a chance to be acceptable so I really don't put anything past them.

And you aren't to be trusted with #keepmonk4set
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I suppose I don't understand how something so utterly insane can even make it this far without someone going "gee, this is A REALLY BAD IDEA GUYS."

I mean, most people with more than 2 brain cells to rub together realized immediately, just by reading the bonus, how OP it would be. Now that it's ACTUALLY somehow made it this far, the nerf required to make it reasonable is tremendous. Will they do it? Apparently they thought this version had a chance to be acceptable so I really don't put anything past them.

we are talking about blizzard right who lets stupid !@#$ like this go LIVE through numerous patches/expansions with the players telling them it will happen

like death knights at the start of cata with dw unholy and blood dks in firelands

idk about you other classes sorry
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why are you getting so angry over something on the ptr lol

It's not as rare as you think. I was browsing through a thread yesterday in the PTR forums where a class/spec was mad at a change so they complained, then the change was reverted, so they complained about Blizzard changing anything in the first place (even though it's the PTR and none of this will ever hit live).

To be fair though, some pretty silly changes do make it to Live, although I don't think this will be one of them.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
yeah, nerf the 4 set bonus please. Nerf it to about 3% proc chance and give us a better 2 set bonus because that absorb is garbage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]