Mistweaver Monk Changes 5.4

90 Pandaren Monk
Or you know, they could make the chi wave a lot weaker.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Or you know, they could make the mistweaver spec a lot weaker.

FTFY #Iwantaraidspot
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Personally I just hope they nerf/change it soon enough that the replacement gets proper testing and is at least reasonably good. Anyone with a brain knows that it shouldn't go live as is because it is ridiculously OP. I just don't want another bs bonus like +5% to enveloping mist.

Maybe change it from proc on ticks to proc when RM hops to a new target and adjust the proc % up a little to get the output into the desired range.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
they could just make our 2 pc bonus something like 25% absorb on the healing our chi wave, zen sphere, and chi burst does(includes overhealing). This makes it so chi burst isn't just the king of 25 man raids anymore and it also gives monks a 2 pc that works in 10 man since mastery doesn't heal for much in 10 man. also nerf the 4 pc to 2% proc chance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I don't think the 4p will be nerfed. We are losing 4p tier 15 and they did say that they wanted monks, druids, and shaman to do better and "have fun" in 25's. This will greatly smooth out 25's healing and make it exceptional in 10's.

edit: i meant 2p t 15
Edited by Eldarc on 6/26/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
06/25/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Eldarc
I don't think the 4p will be nerfed.

Have you raided on the PTR yet? The 4pc is the best healing bonus I can remember. It's 30% of your healing on a 10 man.
Edited by Argument on 6/25/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I only tested it in a 5 man, but damn, it's OP. I love being a Chi Wave fountain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
#loldruids
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Why are you getting so angry over something on the ptr lol

New PTR Notes!

Monk 2set bonus:
2set bonus increases your eminence healing from Tiger palm by 5%

4set causes your tiger palm to hit 2 targets instead of 1 but does not proc an additional eminence heal

Would that make you angry?
Resto Druid Tier 16 says hello, welcome to the roflbad club.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
Would that make you angry?
Resto Druid Tier 16 says hello, welcome to the roflbad club.

Not every monk uses Tiger Palm all the time.

Every resto druid should be using Ironbark and Living Seed is a passive.

Your point doesn't make much sense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not every monk uses Tiger Palm all the time.

Every resto druid should be using Ironbark and Living Seed is a passive.

Your point doesn't make much sense.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I don't see why you're upset about monk 4pc.

Healing is a team game.

Let me carry you all to victory.

#keepmonk4set
Edited by Mist on 6/25/2013 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
^ wise words
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't see why you're upset about monk 4pc.

Healing is a team game.

Let me carry you all to victory.

#keepmonk4set

>:|

*mugs Mist for the 4set bonus*
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Holy: Each time your Echo of Light ticks you have a 15% chance to apply a 1 charge Prayer of Mending to the target.
Discipline: Each time your Divine Aegis is applied you have a 30% chance to send a wave of Penance to the target.

or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/26/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Evry

Holy: Each time your Echo of Light ticks you have a 15% chance to apply a 1 charge Prayer of Mending to the target.
Discipline: Each time your Divine Aegis is applied you have a 30% chance to send a wave of Penance to the target.

or something.

Oh god, Evry...

MAKE IT SO!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
06/26/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Evry

or something.

Now see... why can't they do fun things like this for all the healers?

Each time your Riptide ticks you have 100% chance to summon an extra Healing Stream Totem.

Please?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just some more random thoughts of mine.

If they keep 4 set.

Haste > Mastery > Crit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spirit

And if they add epic quality gems

Haste > Int

The chi wave proc can proc mastery. So lets say you have say 40% mastery, Chi wave would have a 10% chance to proc a mastery sphere.

I would like them to keep the idea of 4 set but lower the numbers. Maybe halfing the heal/proc chance at first then work on it from there. Judging from the damage in SoO i wouldn't be surprised if they kept it however.

Also with haste scaling it might not be worth canceling spinning crane kick for instant chi when we reach 12131. I know at 15138 you'll never cancel spinning crane kick for instant chi. It remains to be seen.

I would like to see some buffs to rushing jade wind. Personally I hate having to use my mobility spell for aoe healing. I'd also like to see some buffs to chi wave and zen sphere. Also buffs to power strikes to make it more comparable to chi brew. Ascension needs to be redesigned to something better.

They also need to do something with spirit to make it more desirable, seems kinda stupid to me that crit is a better regen stat than spirit.

Just some random thoughts.
Edited by Suplift on 6/26/2013 2:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
If they keep 4set, I will be sooo happy.

Because I get to laugh at every other healer forever.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If they keep 4set, I will be sooo happy.

Because I get to laugh at every other healer forever.

If it remains (and Blizzard indicates it won't be nerfed), I could see a fresh 90 monk being more desirable than a moderately geared druid because of the ability to gear through LFR, flex, and normal/heroic raids.

#TimeToReroll
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]