Mistweaver Monk Changes 5.4

90 Dwarf Priest
06/26/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Evry
*mugs Mist for the 4set bonus*

Holy: Each time your Echo of Light ticks you have a 15% chance to apply a 1 charge Prayer of Mending to the target.
Discipline: Each time your Divine Aegis is applied you have a 30% chance to send a wave of Penance to the target.

or something.

Haha, that would be amazing.

Resto Druid: 20% chance on Lifebloom tick to spawn a fully charged Wild Mushroom under a nearby low health target. Max 3 mushrooms.

Resto Shaman: 20% chance on Riptide tick to reset the cooldown on Healing Stream Totem and allow a second Water totem to be placed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Where did they indicate this
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
If I had to guess, the 4pc nerf will probably come from changing the actual Chi Wave bolt. As of right now it's the exact same spell as our T30 talent, i.e. it scales with all of our stats, can presumably proc mastery, and is worth 1/4 of a GCD in terms of execute time/HPS.
If they change it to a stand-alone spell that heals for way less, it fixes the problem easily while keeping all the shiny fireworks flair. I'm not sure where the tuning knob is for 4pcs, but it should presumably be more like 5-10% effective healing instead of 30%.

The 2pc is odd design, but in terms of numbers (2-3% healing) it's not actually that absurd.

I don't really want to be the most OP healer by a mile, it's not fun to play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I don't really want to be the most OP healer by a mile, it's not fun to play.

Um.

I don't think you know what fun means.

Doing like 100k hps more than the next healer is a blast.

#keepmonk4set
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Um.

I don't think you know what fun means.

Doing like 100k hps more than the next healer is a blast.

#keepmonk4set

Next time we do animus, I'm going to tell merkal to wait for you to get matter swap, stand in anima font and voidshift > dispel you at 10.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm just trying to help the raid, man. Why you gotta do me like that?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You're not helping if we don't have replacement dps for the 3 healers you'd be making useless.

D:<
Reply Quote
You're not helping if we don't have replacement dps for the 3 healers you'd be making useless.

Just go boomkin. You'll do more healing with Hotw Tranq anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Would that make you angry?
Resto Druid Tier 16 says hello, welcome to the roflbad club.

Not every monk uses Tiger Palm all the time.

Every resto druid should be using Ironbark and Living Seed is a passive.

Your point doesn't make much sense.

Iron bark is a survival CD to be used as often as possible, but not necessarily on CD depending on damage patterns.

Living seed is a passive, only effects tanks due to how it's heal is proc'd, and is incredibly prone to overhealing. Less than 1% of our healing. My point makes plenty of sense if you care to think about it.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/26/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What fight are you doing more than 100k hps more than another healer on ptr? None of the testing even required much more than 100k or 150kish hps 0.o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You clearly did not believe in the power of the 4pc enough.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
What fight are you doing more than 100k hps more than another healer on ptr? None of the testing even required much more than 100k or 150kish hps 0.o

We had a big gap (almost that much) between our paladin healer and our monk healer on the Panda Council boss. Paladins are eviscerated in the PTR though so that isn't surprising.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
06/26/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Tiriel

Holy: Each time your Echo of Light ticks you have a 15% chance to apply a 1 charge Prayer of Mending to the target.
Discipline: Each time your Divine Aegis is applied you have a 30% chance to send a wave of Penance to the target.

or something.

Oh god, Evry...

MAKE IT SO!

We can sacrifice evry for these changes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
#monksaredumb
Reply Quote
Datamining shows the 4p proc nerfed to 3%.

*insert Dr.Evil laugh*

Well, tbh you all knew it was gonna happen <.< Gonna have to wait and see how much this affects overall performance as 3% is considerably low, but ReM also ticks a lot of times.
Edited by Korghal on 6/27/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
None of us were expecting it to go live. lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Even at 3%, it'll be like 5% of your healing done. Not a bad bonus by any means.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
yeah, nerf the 4 set bonus please. Nerf it to about 3% proc chance and give us a better 2 set bonus because that absorb is garbage
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
3% isn't bad, yeah. I'd prefer it at like 5%. I hate the number 3.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Still a massive hps increase.

JK I'M DUMB

3% proc, including 2pc mastery buff: 339,086 hps

2pc t15, 2pc t16: 335,526 hps

l0l
Edited by Suplift on 6/27/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]