Mistweaver Monk Changes 5.4

90 Draenei Monk
3% proc chance makes it marginally better than our current 2pc. /shrug

Little disappointed that our six spells from the "CD reduction trinket" are:
Transcendence: Transfer, Zen Meditation, Revival, Thunder Focus Tea, Life Cocoon, Fortifying Brew

Especially considering Disc/pally gets:
PW:B, Hymn of Hope, Pain Suppression, Shadowfiend/Mindbender, Inner Focus, Spirit Shell
and
GoAK, Avenging Wrath, Devotion Aura, Hand of Protection, Divine Plea, Divine Protection

I mean, 3 of our reduced spells aren't even related to healing, whereas all six of Disc n' Pallys reduced spells are. Also Spirit Shell reduced? Loooooooooool.

Of course we'll basically have the 3% health/sec HoT up on a hefty chunk of the raid with the healer legendary cloak, so I guess it's ok. Gonna have to swap from Jadefire to the spirit one though, blech.
Edited by Ryvelia on 6/27/2013 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Revival, Thunder Focus Tea

this is massive, by the way. don't see why you're disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea idk what you're talking about.

That's a massive increase.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
06/27/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Mist
Revival, Thunder Focus Tea

this is massive, by the way. don't see why you're disappointed.

Just a reminder of our relatively small toolkit and healing utility, I suppose. Apparently the 39% reduction could be incorrect as well (if the actual data-mined spell effects are correct instead), and it's only 17% reduction. 37.5 second CD on TFT is great (32.5 or slightly higher keeping T15 4pc), but you can't argue that other classes won't get more out of it just based on half of our spells affected being unrelated to healing. That's really all I meant. I don't see why it can't effect our T30 talents or Chi Brew as well as opposed to Fort Brew/Zen Med and Trascendence.

I also see this trinket being a massive problem for PVP, but I guess that's why they're adding the damage reduction set bonus to PVP trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Transcendence: Transfer, Zen Meditation, Revival, Thunder Focus Tea, Life Cocoon, Fortifying Brew

It's all going to be changed around, but pretty sure you have absolutely nothing to complain about;

Resto Druid gets; Innervate. Barkskin. Might of Ursoc. Nature's Swiftness.
RShaman gets; Spiritwalker's Grace, Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem

And you're disappointed? Really. I'm not all that fluent in MW monks..but pretty sure that there is every one of your major CD's broski.

[quote]
but you can't argue that other classes won't get more out of it just based on half of our spells affected being unrelated to healing.

Ehrm... See above. Not a single spell for those 2 classes' spells effected do healing on their own. Period.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/27/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
And People wonder why I will most likely go MW next patch
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

It's all going to be changed around, but pretty sure you have absolutely nothing to complain about;

Resto Druid gets; Innervate. Barkskin. Might of Ursoc. Nature's Swiftness.
RShaman gets; Spiritwalker's Grace, Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem

And you're disappointed? Really. I'm not all that fluent in MW monks..but pretty sure that there is every one of your major CD's broski.

[quote] but you can't argue that other classes won't get more out of it just based on half of our spells affected being unrelated to healing.

Ehrm... See above. Not a single spell for those 2 classes' spells effected do healing on their own. Period.

Fire Elemental Totem can increase healing done with Primal Elementalist (lol), SWG is a throughput CD with 4 piece... but yeah, those two classes look particularly unfinished in terms of spell selection, unlike the Monk, Priest, and Pally ones, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were a shaman or druid. The trend seems to be non-talented healer CDs, with shared spec abilities if you don't have enough strictly healer CDs.

I'd expect Ascendance, Spirit Link Totem, and Healing Stream Totem for shaman at the very least. Druids are still in the middle of a pretty substantial update (and I know less about them), but I wager the problem they're having with druids is that many of your big CDs are talented, and they don't seem to want those to be affected. I'd hope they bend on that stance for you guys' sake.

Also I misread the healer legendary cloak proc. It's 3% of missing health every second for 3 seconds, so it's less blatantly OP, but still powerful in its own right. It's sort of a Resto shaman mastery for everyone? I dig it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/27/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Ryvelia
Apparently the 39% reduction could be incorrect as well

It's correct @ 39%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I don't see why it can't effect our T30 talents or Chi Brew as well as opposed to Fort Brew/Zen Med and Trascendence.

It doesn't seem to affect talents, is why.

Additionally, revival alone is our single most powerful spell. TFT is a close second. Reduced CD on those spells either way is ridiculous.
Edited by Mist on 6/28/2013 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
My point makes plenty of sense if you care to think about it.

Actually, no it didn't.

And I don't fistweave, therefore I do not use tiger palm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And People wonder why I will most likely go MW next patch

Come on in. The water's just fine.
Edited by Shaima on 6/30/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So. The haste crit healing and mastery increasing trinkets are stackable.

inc 100% haste
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If we have 100% haste does that mean that our 4pc will be proccing as though it were still 20%?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If we have 100% haste does that mean that our 4pc will be proccing as though it were still 20%?

My understanding of the proc is that it's RPPM, so no.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nope it's a 3% chance per renewing mist tick.

It would make sense for it to be RPPM but

hurr durr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I just looked up the trinket again and the trinket says 29% now. May have been nerfed in recent build.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102304-5-4-raid-normal-siege-of-orgrimmar-boss-x-loot-x

Actually wowhead says 30% so im not quite sure what is going on. Maybe the % changes with the item level and its screwing up the databases?
Edited by Viena on 7/5/2013 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
It is nerfed. the DPS ones are still the old value.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Added the buffs to tier pieces
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
06/27/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Ryvelia
I mean, 3 of our reduced spells aren't even related to healing, whereas all six of Disc n' Pallys reduced spells are.

Can someone please direct me to a universe where this statement is even remotely correct?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
So I just looked up the trinket again and the trinket says 29% now. May have been nerfed in recent build.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102304-5-4-raid-normal-siege-of-orgrimmar-boss-x-loot-x

Actually wowhead says 30% so im not quite sure what is going on. Maybe the % changes with the item level and its screwing up the databases?

I think the % changes with ilvl, but I'm not totally sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]