90 Blood Elf Paladin
So.where.are.your.logs?

Gotta ask for proof. Post 5.3 please.
Edited by Marathel on 6/12/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Priest
So.where.are.your.logs?

Gotta ask for proof. Post 5.3 please.

I have a raid tonight and tomorrow actually. I will be more than glad to send you the logs for these two.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So if you don't already have logs how do you know they are doing 50% of their healing with IH?

Just wondering really.

edit: and for the love of baby jesus please do not say recount
Edited by Taelaus on 6/12/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Priest
So if you don't already have logs how do you know they are doing 50% of their healing with IH?

Just wondering really.

Hmmmmm how else do you analyze healing done for raids without actually uploading them to a website?!!?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmmmmm how else do you analyze healing done for raids without actually uploading them to a website?!!?

Then link one of them. Should have at least a month back on wol. Anything from 5/22 on would be fine.

edit: here i'll go first. Two healing everything on normal. Top was 35% down to 22%. Average was 28% over the night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9leg9bvr1nikjc7a/details/1/?enc=bosses

your turn.
Edited by Taelaus on 6/12/2013 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Paladin mastery is ..O.K. now.

The problem here is twofold;

1. Absorbs are just too good/desirable. Why heal what you can flat out mitigate. If you can mitigate more, you can potentially cheese/avoid/ignore some mechanics. The Devs said the next raid will have encounters that are less favorable to absorb based healers, so let's see how that pans out.

2. Paladin mastery is rather...easy. A passive absorb.. A little braindead of a class to play. I don't know really how else to put it. It's just brain dead boring.
Take that mastery, blow it up. Pretend it never happened. Give paladins something good that actually increases the skill level, or no not even skill level but the play style. Make it more engaging instead of a snorefest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/12/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Tonydanza
It's just brain dead boring.

stop pretending anyones mastery is engaging. you make yourself look silly.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Hunter

2. Paladin mastery is rather...easy. A passive absorb.. A little braindead of a class to play. I don't know really how else to put it. It's just brain dead boring.

I love these comments as it shows you have very little understanding of paladin mechanics. Makes it easy to discount your opinion.

In case you aren't aware, mastery shields are generated from ALL of our healing, it's not a "push 1 button to win" spell like every other healing class has (Tranq, Revival, HTT, Hymn, SS to a lesser extent)

Now if the class is boring to you, that's fine, but if you claim it's boring because a good portion of our healing comes from mastery than you're fooling yourself or have never actually healed on a paladin.
Edited by Dubbleshot on 6/12/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Priest
Paladin mastery is ..O.K. now.

The problem here is twofold;

1. Absorbs are just too good/desirable. Why heal what you can flat out mitigate. If you can mitigate more, you can potentially cheese/avoid/ignore some mechanics. The Devs said the next raid will have encounters that are less favorable to absorb based healers, so let's see how that pans out.

Take that mastery, blow it up. Pretend it never happened. Give paladins something good that actually increases the skill level, or no not even skill level but the play style. Make it more engaging instead of a snorefest.

Almost the basis of my point completely. If their mastery is doing a majority of their healing already....what is the point? Why not throw in some extra healing to their direct heals and potentially change around some of their passives to make healing not so...basic.
Granted for those of you that want to argue that they are still healing: yes I know they still have to heal for their mastery to have an effect, but I don't feel the mastery should account for the majority of their healing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
rofl, awfully defensive and seemingly upset up in here. Wonder why.

And my apologies, I did not realize that your mastery worked that way, I thought you just hit a macro that repeatedly pushes one button and /afk the rest of the fight. Golly gee wizz
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
majority of their healing.

Keep lying dude.

IH is a large part of our healing. Overwhelming majority of paladins are within 20-30 percent. Which is right up the alley of where Eternal Flame is.
Edited by Marathel on 6/12/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Priest
06/12/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Marathel
majority of their healing.

Keep lying dude.

butt hurt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
butt hurt

Still waiting for your proof.

I'm not asking for what is the answer to everything. I'm asking for your proof. And if you think one or two logs is "proof" by your words you are amazingly wrong.
Edited by Marathel on 6/12/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Priest
Love you edit. ETERNAL FLAME. Im laughing at this right now. seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I linked my logs, waiting on your 50% backup. Please share with us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Man must be fun laughing by yourself. Still waiting...

IH is anywhere from 20 to 35 percent on the VERY HIGH end.

And the mere fact that you say normal modes makes me even more disbelieving.
Edited by Marathel on 6/12/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
well, theoretically Mastery could end up being on the really high end if you just don't have anything to heal anything and coat the raid in overheal. There's little enough damage on some normal modes that conceivably you could be overhealing it and thereby doing most of your healing solely with the absorb portion of your spells... does it work that way?

Say, Jaesus, how high is the overheal of these 50% IH paladins you are looking at/raiding with.

This is a good hypothetical but highly unlikely scenario we should check up on!
Edited by Tsilyi on 6/12/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Additional Info:

Guzrud. You are an !@#$%^- who assumes that based on one account, someone's entire experience can be reflected on their raid progression. The fact that you only have access to one of several of my characters which you are using as your basis, further enrages me because you are generalizing.

Secondly, the current armory update shows me using a holy priest. My main spec is Discipline which I use to heal for this guild's progression team. I am currently testing out some different stat priorities on Holy. So again ASSUME all you want but it is WILDLY incorrect.

SMH people using armory to try to determine why a person is posting on a general topic. My character, and my heals have nothing to do with the fact that Paladin Mastery accounts for almost 50% of the healing they do. This is every paladin i have healed with on NORMAL MODE 10 MAN AND 25 MAN FIGHTS.

It's not your character being called into question (not the one made of out of pixels, anyway). It's your ability to offer feedback from relevant content. LFR is not relevant from a balance standpoint.

Now if you are basing claims of imbalance from normal/heroic standpoint, post on the toon you have that experience on (you'll be doing yourself a favor instead of having to defend your credibility...), post a log or hell even a screenshot of the healing breakdown. No one is going to take you seriously when you come in here posting made up numbers and seemingly have no basis for your argument. Why should we. I my case, I know you're exagerating to try and get your point across.

In short, you can have an opinion if you like. No one has to or will take it seriously, unless you provide some backing to what your saying. Posting on a LFR only toon isn't convincing enough to win this argument....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well, theoretically Mastery could end up being on the really high end if you just don't have anything to heal anything and coat the raid in overheal. There's little enough damage on some normal modes that conceivably you could be overhealing it and thereby doing most of your healing solely with the absorb portion of your spells... does it work that way?

Say, Jaesus, how high is the overheal of these 50% IH paladins you are looking at/raiding with.

You could but it's like people planning to pad on the meters by making other healers go dps so they could inflate their numbers. There are many ways to "inflate" as well and it doesn't necessarily mean bigger either. It's not a realistic way to heal by far. If one did try to do it would be for fun and I still doubt it would be possible in most fights. And at that gear level even more so in 5.3. Maintaining good hps while having IH at 50 percent heal? Just so hard to believe on normal circumstances.

The OP also has given absolutely no information on the fights, who the paladins are, what their gear level is, what they are gemming for and what their stats are. And it would be quite easy to tell from logs if gimmicks were used. Not sure if anybody considers it ironic or not but the overwhelming majority of paladin logs are very similar to one another in what percentages look like.
Edited by Marathel on 6/12/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Any fight you overgear or overheal (should be 2healing but you're 3healing for one reason or another) IH can reach 50% quite well, depending on mechanics; ie Jin Rokh and Horridon goes exactly as follows for me;
My guild refuses to 2heal anything and I run with a HPal and Disc priest. Disc priest does nothing but atonement on those two fights in normal, Holy Pally just spreads his mastery around. I try to heal and just end up using sotf moonfire and wrath spamming, because the Holy pally sits =/> 50% IH doing 130k hps while the priest and me sit there doing 30-40k. (priest goes significantly higher on horridon after door 2, roughly 60kish hps for priest and pal for that fight would be my rough random guess.)

Does that mean their mastery is OP? No, It just means when theres less damage going out, it's a cheesey crap mastery thats going to tick off your other healers because theres damn well nothing to do because that pally decided to hump the meters and it's just too easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]