enchanting 5.4

100 Human Paladin
All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. This means all enchantments can now be applied to heirloom items.

High level enhancements applied to items equipped by low level players have their power scaled down to be similar to enhancements intended for that level range.
Low level enhancements applied to items equipped by high level players do not grow further in power beyond their intended level range.

Anyone who makes gold off enchanting is probably going to freak out when they read that.

Then again it could open a bigger market for various cool enchants from all expansions for any player below that expansions level cap.
Edited by Brudarek on 6/12/2013 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd better get rid of my boa stock.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Hunter
Then again it could open a bigger market for various cool enchants from all expansions for any player below that expansions level cap.

I was HOPING for this, since I love many of the classic (and forgotten enchants) but I don't it's the case, because lower level enchantments dont get scaled up, like higher end ones get scaled down..
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Will we still need to learn them and make them to skill up ?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Will we still need to learn them and make them to skill up ?

What?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I could see a lot of people hating this, and understandably so, but to me it's a welcome change. Low level enchants don't really sell all that well on my realm (outside of a select few) and it's often a waste of time to farm the mats to make them. It seems other enchanters on my realm share the same opinion because I'm never able to find them while leveling alts either. I can see enchanters on higher pop realms or realms with a lot of twinks being pissed though, and I can't really blame them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
06/12/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Adenium

I was HOPING for this, since I love many of the classic (and forgotten enchants) but I don't it's the case, because lower level enchantments dont get scaled up, like higher end ones get scaled down..

Ya, but it will open up BC, wrath etc.. enchants for use on BoA's up to that expansions level cap. Dunno, makes sense for things like weapon enchants, will be odd for stat ones. People will just use the mop or cata enchants and ignore the lower ones that currently make some people a lot of gold.

Could see next expansion pulling a major overhaul on enchanting... merging same function enchants into a single one that scales with level.
Edited by Brudarek on 6/12/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Here's the real question... will higher level enchants scale better than lower level ones, or will they lower level ones just cap out earlier? For example...

Say you put +80 stats on an heirloom chest, and +10 on another. How do they both look at level 10? Does +80 enchant provide more stats at lower levels than the lower level one? This might make a significant difference with weapon enchants. I'd rather not spend the resources on Dancing Steel when a lower level enchant will work as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Here's the real question... will higher level enchants scale better than lower level ones, or will they lower level ones just cap out earlier? For example...

Say you put +80 stats on an heirloom chest, and +10 on another. How do they both look at level 10? Does +80 enchant provide more stats at lower levels than the lower level one? This might make a significant difference with weapon enchants. I'd rather not spend the resources on Dancing Steel when a lower level enchant will work as well.

Apparently at 10 +80 stats will give 3 and +10 will give 4.

It doesn't look like there's going to be a clear / easy way for someone to tell which will be best at which level without looking it up, which enchant for each stat is best at lower levels isn't as simple as mop > vanilla or vanilla > mop, looking at the charts any expac can have the 'best' lower level enchant for any given slot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]