Where did Blizzard go wrong with WoW ?

90 Undead Priest
Hi All,

I'm here out of frustration with this great game which now seems broken.

When MoP first launched I enjoyed the questing, indeed Blizz had seemed to make a boring task into a more enjoyable one. Then I was confronted with the wall of rep grinds and to my horror the shine began to disappear. It has quickly become apparent that WoW is no longer casual friendly hence my raid group finds it hard to find a good pug player when short on raid night.

I remember the days before LFR when players would create 25man raid groups using nothing but general chat. Hell I'm even wishing for the return of Cata style play. At least good players could level and gear alts in a timely fashion thus increasing the player pool for people looking for raid.

Blizzard wanted to get more people into raiding and gave us LFR. When these bad players cannot even kill a boss in LFR Blizzard kindly nerfs it to the point it's teaching these players nothing other than you get gold as a reward for killing bosses. That's another sore point the crap loot system but that's for another day.

It has all gone wrong and now veteran players and starting to wonder what is the point. Good players are hard to find with bad players paying top guilds for a carry through current content. I've had too many pugs join our group with achievements but die from lack of understanding of basic fight mechanics. last night we pugged two players who's combined dps on Tortos was 100k (mage/spriest). Our mage who does the kicking of the turtles as well as the kicking pulls 120K on a bad night.

Please Blizzard let good players gear alts and see a return to the days where good players were wanting to raid on their alts once again. Do this and you'll breathe new life into the raiding scene which in my opinion is dieing a slow and painful death.
Reply Quote
I logged on today for about 10 seconds and thought to my self, This sucks. I tried to level a few lowbie toons and thought, why bother. Having a real hard time deciding if I even want to continue to pay for a game thats just not that fun any more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When they opened the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
OPINION.
Edited by Apexity on 6/12/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably when everyone complained in Cata that it was too easy. So yea. Still rep grinds are not as bad as people make them out to be. Not as neccessary as people make them out to be and honestly really well done. In Cata, I raided and then I logged. There was nothing else to do. I love how there is always more to do. This expansion is just so full of stuff to do.

Your supposed to want games to provide you with lots of things to do, not complain that you can't do everything. You pay extra for that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
They went wrong?

When they opened the forums.

Oh, yeah, I guess they did go wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Game sucks cuz the OP can't keep a raid roster.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's called nostalgia.

I remember those 25 man raids too. People act like they magically happened while blissful players happily made their way through raid content. What is really was is more like:

"LFM ICC 25. NO more DPS, Heals and Tanks only, please post Gear Score and highest achievement. No more Warriors, shards reserved"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I don't know, I'm enjoying this expansion just as much if not more (probably more) than I did in Wrath, and definitely more than I did in Cata. I can't compare it to vanilla/TBC because it was shiny and new for me then and I loved the direction TBC went lore-wise, but I am loving MoP.

It's all opinion, really.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Game is still very fun for me.

/Shrug
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/12/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Tanklite
Probably when everyone complained in Cata that it was too easy.

Surely you're talking the end of the expansion when people "had nothing to do" ?
Because Cata release was a torrent of player tears because they thought 5 mans were too hard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I logged on today for about 10 seconds and thought to my self, This sucks. I tried to level a few lowbie toons and thought, why bother. Having a real hard time deciding if I even want to continue to pay for a game thats just not that fun any more.

I do the same. You said it so well.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I still think sandboxed player created content tools would be a good thing.

People eventually hit max level, run content.. maybe for years.

Many of them want to move into creation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

The problem is that it'd need to be tightly moderated, because god knows you can't trust this community.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

The problem is that it'd need to be tightly moderated, because god knows you can't trust this community.

Oh yes I'm aware :)... that's why I always include "sandboxed" when I mention it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
the day they put arena ahead of pve and lv though the combat system giving pk'ers free rides
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
go rift or path of exile they both F2P, Rift reminds many players of the burning crusade. Pathofexile just destroys diablo3 hands down. Apparently this game suffered from too many developers taking over projects from developers that have be relieved of duty. This games players base has changed over the years into a negative one.

Back in the day people use to help each other out and not really expect anything but in these days it's all about what can you do for me only attitude.You ask for help in forums and you get trolled or told your bad or go away you noob so in my opinion the players have as much fault as the developers.

As far as the gearscore deal as you can see players contributed to ruin the game.Gearscore meant nothing just terrible players running around with high level gear but that is why blizz try to fix it with Lfr but made 25 man raids crumble.

It seem's every patch a class is broken or you just have people who just cry nerf because either they just don't understand the mechanics of their class to counter them or just want others to suffer... bleh my 2 cents the end of days for wow is pretty soon for me i could careless 2005-2013.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]