Movie compression help

100 Orc Mage
Hey all.

In the past, any in-game video I would record would automatically compress when I stopped it. I haven't recorded any video for a long time, until the other day. I recorded some snippets of our raid, and just last night I went into the "movies" folder to watch them, and I noticed that they aren't .mov files like the ones that I recorded a long time ago. Each recording is two files: .wav and .wvd

I assume this means they didn't compress, but when I checked my settings in-game, it's selected to compress once the recording is stopped. These are kind of important videos, which is why I recorded them. Is there ANY way to still get these videos compressed or even viewable?

Thanks for all of your help.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
I assume this means they didn't compress, but when I checked my settings in-game, it's selected to compress once the recording is stopped. These are kind of important videos, which is why I recorded them. Is there ANY way to still get these videos compressed or even viewable?

I would check that the preference for compressing once you've finished recording is on in ESC -> Mac Options.

It's possible that's been turned off.

You could also try moving the .wav file out of the folder then compressing it once you're in game by going ESC -> Mac options -> Compress movie files (IIRC it's a bit unsure of exact text). You can then add your own sound track to it.
Edited by Bluspacecow on 6/14/2013 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]