Help for "For the Ward!" Achievement

90 Draenei Priest
I'm trying to finish the "Stormbreaker" meta but am stuck on this achieve. Apparently it works as PvP. As a non-PvP player I'm not really equipped to brave out on my own and kill Horde.

Anyway...I know it's a long shot but if any Horde players are in the same boat I'd be happy to "swap" the achieve with you. You kill me near your ward...I'll kill you near my ward. Happy times for all :).

If anyone is up for doing this please reply here and I'll find you in game or catch me in game.

Thanks!
Edited by Malorey on 7/2/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
You dont have to kill a player with it. Drag a hostile mob by one. :p

More specific: Take the pvp quests for the day, and drag one of the mobs from the boat to a ward. Use attacks/spells that will keep it following you without killing it, like dispels, debuffs, etc.
Edited by Uzziel on 6/15/2013 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Oh...I never thought of that! I so totally don't PvP and didn't even think about doing the PvP quests just for this one day.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You dont have to kill a player with it. Drag a hostile mob by one. :p

More specific: Take the pvp quests for the day, and drag one of the mobs from the boat to a ward. Use attacks/spells that will keep it following you without killing it, like dispels, debuffs, etc.

Tried this for hours on end all week long...it doesn't work because the Silver Covenant Rangers kill the mob before the ward can hit it or it starts evading before it gets to the ward if I wait for the Rangers to be far enough away not to kill it. The same thing happens on both sides that I can go to :(.

So, back to asking if there is anyone else out there like me who is horribad at PvP and needs this achieve and wouldn't mind swapping killing each other for it (or just a nice Hordie that would be so kind as to let me use them to get the achieve)?
Edited by Malorey on 7/3/2013 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sure malorey,Guitar#1173 battle tag
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Sure malorey,Guitar#1173 battle tag

Sweet! I'll add you this evening :).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Still bugged as of 8/12/13.
PvP Quests, PvE, bosses, nothing will active the wards.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Guitarkiller was kind enough to help me get it (and I helped him in return). You might try getting in touch with him.

As a note: The PvP Quests do "work". You can tag one of the guys by the boats near our base and bring them close enough to the Wards for them to be activated. My problem wasn't not being able to find an NPC to activate...it was keeping the "friendly" NPC's from killing it before the Ward could.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Malorey!!!!!!

I need to talk with you! look me up on FB :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
LOL. I'm not sure how I would go about looking "Dethwolf" up on FB. But you're welcome to add me to BTag... Malorey#1733.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i was able to do it by summoning and kiting cera over to the wards, it works as long as nobody tries to "help" kill it
Reply Quote
On Alliance side, I used the patrol that walks around with Drakkari God Hulk, more precisely Zandalari Spiritbender, and it triggers the ward and I just auto attacked until almost dead, then just shielded myself until it died from the ward. and Got the Achieve 25/Jun/2014
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]