Tier 16 Set Bonuses

100 Gnome Mage
make haste scale with frozen orb IMO

This would tremendously benefit Frost (so they probably will not do it)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
also if they dont let combustion always proc it

Combustion has always procced inferno blast, it procced fire blast last expac.

Also chaining multiple together to force a pyro or two would that really be a dps increase at the crit levels we would have? Inferno blast to my knowledge does extremely little to fireball. I would also imagine that we would be at about 50%ish crit self buffed which puts our practical crit around 65%.
Even if they do nerf cm again that would sit us around 60%ish percent probably.

Maybe it would do better but at those crit levels, cold streaks dont happen that often.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
do any of you actually understand the fire spec? i have to wonder the way you all criticize the 4pc bonus.

its geared mainly towards aoe potential and i believe they should make combustion have a 100% chance to proc it so you ensure aoe when you need it most

Combustion resets the cooldown on Inferno Blast, so that's not a real issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
do any of you actually understand the fire spec? i have to wonder the way you all criticize the 4pc bonus.

its geared mainly towards aoe potential and i believe they should make combustion have a 100% chance to proc it so you ensure aoe when you need it most, but it also has that 10% chance of procing on single target, yes we dont use it much now, wether they nerf CM or not doesnt matter to this, the fact is we dont use it much now mostly because it has a cd. the proc on single target could easily save a bad rng string by letting you use it 3 times for a HS and HU.

think of fights like tortos, once you finish a set of turtles and swap to the boss and combustion is ready, but you only have 5 seconds or so until the next set comes whirling out, if you get a proc then its OP, and many other fights it could do the same.

the point is that its geared to fix fire aoe since fire single target is tops right now and if they dont nerf CM it should remain there or close to it.

also if they dont let combustion always proc it, they could let us bank the proc, not starting the 6 seconds of no cd until we use it, so we could get one and use it on aoe or to save a bad steak of no crits, some way of having it when we need it not just having a 10% chance of doing good aoe or a 10% chance of saving a bad rng streak. either way this 4pc has incredible potential.

Can you explain to me what bosses this tier a fire mage has the opportunity to AoE? I mean sure, there are a few exceptions, but there is no way a 4 pc set should be tailored to MAYBE 25% of a instances fights. I really dont see the real benefit. And as far as the 2 set goes, 4 seconds is really only going to affect combustion stacking, so its not the greatest either.

Im sure after some PTR testing it will all be tweaked and we'll all be happy :)

i would hope so, but the extra aoe would still be nice for those times when we could use it but it would still need tweaking. and the 2pc, im sure the duration resets when getting new stacks since it is a stacking buff, and i rarely go more than 4 seconds without a pyro.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/13/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Taluun
also if they dont let combustion always proc it

Combustion has always procced inferno blast, it procced fire blast last expac.

Also chaining multiple together to force a pyro or two would that really be a dps increase at the crit levels we would have? Inferno blast to my knowledge does extremely little to fireball. I would also imagine that we would be at about 50%ish crit self buffed which puts our practical crit around 65%.
Even if they do nerf cm again that would sit us around 60%ish percent probably.

Maybe it would do better but at those crit levels, cold streaks dont happen that often.

yea it resets so you can use it once, the point is to use combustion and use inferno multiple times on an aoe group. and yea cold streaks dont happen very often, but if it did the proc could be ok but still seems like an aoe 4pc, probably because fire doesnt need a 4pc to carry dmg even if they nerf cm. is it the best and the kind of 4pc we wanted? no of course not but most mages are saying its utter crap and useless, and they are wrong it is very useful for aoe, if they let the proc be somewhat controlled so its actually up when needed, like letting us bank the proc, that is not starting the 6 second timer until its used first or letting combustion always proc it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

its geared mainly towards aoe potential and i believe they should make combustion have a 100% chance to proc it so you ensure aoe when you need it most, but it also has that 10% chance of procing on single target, yes we dont use it much now, wether they nerf CM or not doesnt matter to this, the fact is we dont use it much now mostly because it has a cd. the proc on single target could easily save a bad rng string by letting you use it 3 times for a HS and HU.

think of fights like tortos, once you finish a set of turtles and swap to the boss and combustion is ready, but you only have 5 seconds or so until the next set comes whirling out, if you get a proc then its OP, and many other fights it could do the same.

the point is that its geared to fix fire aoe since fire single target is tops right now and if they dont nerf CM it should remain there or close to it.

also if they dont let combustion always proc it, they could let us bank the proc, not starting the 6 seconds of no cd until we use it, so we could get one and use it on aoe or to save a bad steak of no crits, some way of having it when we need it not just having a 10% chance of doing good aoe or a 10% chance of saving a bad rng streak. either way this 4pc has incredible potential.

Can you explain to me what bosses this tier a fire mage has the opportunity to AoE? I mean sure, there are a few exceptions, but there is no way a 4 pc set should be tailored to MAYBE 25% of a instances fights. I really dont see the real benefit. And as far as the 2 set goes, 4 seconds is really only going to affect combustion stacking, so its not the greatest either.

Im sure after some PTR testing it will all be tweaked and we'll all be happy :)

this tier i would use that proc on horridon, tortos, maybe mag, durumu, maybe animus, twins and lei shen. 5/12 or possibly 7/12 and that sounds closer to 50% of the raid. Also note that only on tortos bats would this be a gimmik, everything else needs to die and the icewalls on durumu would be game breaking.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
You are kidding yourself if u think there isn't going to be a nerf to CM.

Absolutely.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/13/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Inazus
You are kidding yourself if u think there isn't going to be a nerf to CM.

Absolutely.
Mostly because they need to nerf Mages again and who the hell wants to actually crunch numbers and do math to nerf mages in a way that doesn't hurt everyone BELOW the problem point?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I've completed my arcane 4 set. And the dps increase amounts to zero its totally worthless.So I've went for as much warforged mastery gear as I can find and losing the 4 set my dps has increased as for the two set with a good rotation mana loss isn't a issue, making the two set worthless as well and the 15% chance proc of missles is just to low to bank on it in any kind of solid rotation. I've upgraded my item level 6 more points and my dps has gone up none with the new pieces.Maybe it's just that tier 15 was just that good.Overall I find it to be a total disappointment.Ive 100% played this toon as arcane since I created it.But with such a worthless tier i'm thinking it may be time to finally switch to frost Keep in mind i'm basing these figures off of 14 bosses not one or two where the set excels
Edited by Magecitypro on 10/28/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
so glad this thread was necro'd after a 4 month period........
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
You are not using the 4 set to its full potential then because I had a DPS increase with it. Not too sure about frost 4 set, but for arcane I deff saw an increase esp those pulls where I was able to stay at 4 charges literally almost the whole time because of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]