RShaman 5.4 data mining! (Updated 07/08/13)

07/08/13 - New minor datamines added at the end of this post.

Remember, folks! Data mining should always be taken with a grain of salt.

First round of 5.4 data mining! Regarding Resto Shaman, the changes so far are:

-Glyph of Chaining giving Chain Heal a 2 second CD instead of 4 seconds.
-Glyph of Riptide reducing the initial heal by 75%, down from 90%.
-Riptide's mana cost reduced by 25% (12% of base mana, down from 16%)
-HR's radius increased 2 yards

T16 2p bonus
Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) When Earth Shield heals a target, the target will gain 100% of the amount healed as an absorb.

T16 4p bonus, "yo dawg, we heard you like cooldowns, so we put cooldowns in your cooldowns so you can cooldown while in a cooldown"
Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Spiritwalker's Grace will also summon a spiritual version of yourself that will mimic all cast time targeted spells for 15 sec.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06/19/13 (17093)

New minor changes this round:

Talents
-Conductivity: Talent changed to no longer spread healing/damage to targets inside the Healing Rain. Instead, casting HW/GHW/HS AND NOW ALSO CHAIN HEAL will increase the duration of the HR by 3 seconds. Same effect for damage abilities for Enh/Ele.

-Healing Tide Totem: Healing increased by 50%

-Stone Bulwark Totem: Initial bubble buffed by 33%

-Purification: Now only increases the healing of Healing Stream Totem instead of both HST and Healing Tide.

-Unleash Fury's ELW effect now applies to the Shaman, not the target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 07/08/13

New changes until now:

-Healing Tide has been made a baseline ability for all Shaman specs, and now heals 12 people at once in 25m. The basline 50% buff has been undone and Purification now buffs HTT by 50% once again.

-New Talent: Rushing Streams. This new talent replaces Healing Tide Totem, increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 15%, and causes the totem to heal 2 targets at once.

-Healing Rain's diminishing returns cap has been raised to 14 people in 25m content, up from 6. It remains the same in 10m content.

-Chain Heal's effectiveness will no longer decrease with each jump (up from a 30% reduction to healing with each jump).

-Earth Elemental Totem's summoned Greater Earth Elemental will no longer taunt off players that are tank-specialized.
Edited by Korghal on 7/9/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
ya...i am not impressed, but we'll see
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I do really like the 4 piece. Its similar to GoAK but on a super short cooldown. More cooldowns = better.

2 piece is... eh. I just don't like ES. Its not a bad bonus just not something I like.

Glyph of riptide is still useless. No thank you.

Riptide mana cost reduction = not the issue.

The hot component of riptide is extremely underwhelming. THAT is the issue.

All in all its not too good. I hope they address the riptide HoT. Its incredibly weak for what its worth.

Edit - this has nothing to really do with resto but I am sometimes disappointed with the typical "lack" of changes in general for some classes (rogues are like this with shaman). I know people will say its because your class isn't lacking etc. (i.e. if its not broken dont fix it) but see how the elemental and resto spell selection has changed so little since wotlk (cooldowns were added + healing rain. And talents).

I'm not just saying add new spells for the sake of it. But rather, make some of our spells have more interactions with other things. Tidal waves has largely been one of those things when it was added in wotlk. The class just feels a bit stale at times. This doesn't have much relevancy to healing, however.

Edit 2 - to clear up stupidity I was completely wrong on the glyph of chaining thing. I don't know what I was thinking. Just been a while since I last played so... erasing that.
Edited by Gardiff on 6/11/2013 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If this is really the "fix for Shaman range" that was being promised, it is ridiculous.
1. The mana cost reduction to Riptide is insignificant at 510+ gear levels. We don't need mana cost reductions.
2. Chain Heal having a 2 second cooldown with Glyph of Chaining may help it in 10 man raids, but the glyph is still going to be useless and never used in 25 mans.
3. I can't see the Riptide glyph reducing 75% instead of 90% of the initial heal making any real difference in the decision between using and not using that glyph. We are talking about around a 3000 difference in how much the initial heal heals for.

The 2 piece bonus is awful. An 8k absorb every couple of seconds is a downgrade over our current 2 piece. The 4 piece sounds interesting, although I have concerns about tying a throughput cooldown into SWG. SWG is supposed to be our cooldown for when we need mobility, and that isn't necessarily when you want to use a throughput cooldown. I don't like them being linked. I didn't like it when they did the same thing in T13, but DS has so little movement that it didn't matter, but it isn't good design.

Nothing whatsoever has been added that is going to make any meaningful impact on 25 man throughput or help close the gap between other healers that has become extremely apparent in 5.3. Druids got extremely large buffs (WM:B being now a single GCD instead of 3 for the same throughput, Nature's Swiftness made into a spec passive, and the new accelerated HoTs ability. Priests got a slight talent buff. Hopefully people can finally stop dismissing our balance concerns and claiming they are irrelevant moving into 5.4, because they clearly have adjusted nothing of substance.

As a side point, it appears that they made Ancestral Swiftness for Druids a spec passive for Resto because almost all Resto Druids are taking it. What possible justification could they have for not doing the same thing with HTT?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
it looks like any meaning full changes are not going to happen this patch, by the looks of what they posted. More of the same, the glyph of chaining buff is gimicky, glyph of riptide like you said is useless. I hate the 2 pc, lemme keep my healing stream totem 2 pc,

but i guess because absorbs are so OP it'll help us out with tank healing.
4 pc is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

As for glyph of chaining it seems pretty usable now if you have a 2+ second cast time (which is MOST people). Its still going to be a choice since in times where you stack up and lust etc, you might need to cast chain heal more often than 2 seconds (whenever you have haste buffs etc). But its still a little bit better than before.

The cooldown only starts after you finish casting the spell, so with a 2.2 second cast time and the glyph, it in effect will have a 4.2 second cooldown. With a 1.9 second cast, it would have a 3.9 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
As for glyph of chaining it seems pretty usable now if you have a 2+ second cast time (which is MOST people). Its still going to be a choice since in times where you stack up and lust etc, you might need to cast chain heal more often than 2 seconds (whenever you have haste buffs etc). But its still a little bit better than before.

Not sure what you mean by this. The CD from Chaining starts after you cast CH, not when you just started the cast bar. Regardless of your haste levels you'll always have a 2 second CD. Due to CH being a wet noodle filler, I don't think the 2 sec CD will be that noticeable, as we have other spells on higher priority in terms of raw HPS; however, I still don't like having any penalty at all on the Chaining (nor Riptide) glyphs, specially when GC during beta said they'd reevaluate such penalties as taking those glyphs already deprives us of other choices.

I'm not just saying add new spells for the sake of it. But rather, make some of our spells have more interactions with other things. Tidal waves has largely been one of those things when it was added in wotlk. The class just feels a bit stale at times. This doesn't have much relevancy to healing, however.

One of the most common suggestions is to have TW also reduce the cast time on Chain Heal, and CH no longer giving TW stacks. This would give more synergy to our spec, as right now CH is a complete odd spell in terms of spell synergy. Had they done this, the old T14 4p of +1 TW stack would have been much more appealing.

The 2 piece bonus is awful. An 8k absorb every couple of seconds is a downgrade over our current 2 piece.

My ES heals for around 10.7k only self buffed at 513 ilvl, critting for around 21k, so I highly doubt you're getting 8k ES ticks (and I pray that they don't make the 2p only work off efective healing). If they turned the glyph into something like "healing your ES targets grant them an absorb for 10% of the ammount" I'd see it as more interesting.

06/11/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Harrasupanda
it looks like any meaning full changes are not going to happen this patch, by the looks of what they posted. More of the same, the glyph of chaining buff is gimicky, glyph of riptide like you said is useless. I hate the 2 pc, lemme keep my healing stream totem 2 pc,

It is only the first round of data mining and 5.4 is still some time away. I know history has shown us grim views of how Shaman changes go in any patch, but we still have to wait some time to see some more changes.

As a side point, it appears that they made Ancestral Swiftness for Druids a spec passive for Resto because almost all Resto Druids are taking it. What possible justification could they have for not doing the same thing with HTT?

I really REALLY hope they finally give up and give Resto HTT as baseline. How it has not been done so after all these months still baffles me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
06/11/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Korghal

Not sure what you mean by this. The CD from Chaining starts after you cast CH, not when you just started the cast bar. Regardless of your haste levels you'll always have a 2 second CD. Due to CH being a wet noodle filler, I don't think the 2 sec CD will be that noticeable, as we have other spells on higher priority in terms of raw HPS; however, I still don't like having any penalty at all on the Chaining (nor Riptide) glyphs, specially when GC during beta said they'd reevaluate such penalties as taking those glyphs already deprives us of other choices.

One of the most common suggestions is to have TW also reduce the cast time on Chain Heal, and CH no longer giving TW stacks. This would give more synergy to our spec, as right now CH is a complete odd spell in terms of spell synergy. Had they done this, the old T14 4p of +1 TW stack would have been much more appealing.

The 2 piece bonus is awful. An 8k absorb every couple of seconds is a downgrade over our current 2 piece.

My ES heals for around 10.7k only self buffed at 513 ilvl, critting for around 21k, so I highly doubt you're getting 8k ES ticks (and I pray that they don't make the 2p only work off efective healing). If they turned the glyph into something like "healing your ES targets grant them an absorb for 10% of the ammount" I'd see it as more interesting.

06/11/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Harrasupanda

It is only the first round of data mining and 5.4 is still some time away. I know history has shown us grim views of how Shaman changes go in any patch, but we still have to wait some time to see some more changes.

I really REALLY hope they finally give up and give Resto HTT as baseline. How it has not been done so after all these months still baffles me.

I just tested Glyph of Chaining to make sure it works the same as other cooldown spells - the 4 second cooldown does not start until after you finish casting the spell. The more haste you have, the lower the effective cooldown is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
2P is boring. Seems strange too. Would be interesting if it did 200% healing: 100% as a shield and 100% as a heal. Crossing fingers.

4P seems like fun. I imagine it will work for Chain Heal, which seems awesome. If it's not smart, as in copies targets in addition to spells, then it will be pretty punishing to single target spells.

06/11/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Gardiff
but see how the elemental and resto spell selection has changed so little since wotlk (cooldowns were added + healing rain. And talents).

Agreed to the umpteenth power. I honestly believe Cataclysm was the turning point for this issue with Resto Shamans and it's climbed somewhat since then. Some of the new abilities given to us then were hardly interesting and made very little impact. Just seems as though we're nearly an expansion behind in development, and our MoP talents only seem to confirm that.

The cooldown only starts after you finish casting the spell, so with a 2.2 second cast time and the glyph, it in effect will have a 4.2 second cooldown. With a 1.9 second cast, it would have a 3.9 second cooldown.

If you want to be extremely technical, spells with cooldowns have an effective +0.5s in addition to their cooldown because they can't be queued.
Reply Quote
2P is boring. Seems strange too. Would be interesting if it did 200% healing: 100% as a shield and 100% as a heal. Crossing fingers.

I'm guessing that is how it works. That is, ES heals tank for 10k and also gets a 10k bubble. Would be silly for it to turn the heal into an absorb as it'd hardly be a net gain at all for us due to the low healing of ES, and basically going against the design of Earth Shield of "get hit and heal some damage".

Agreed to the umpteenth power. I honestly believe Cataclysm was the turning point for this issue with Resto Shamans and it's climbed somewhat since then. Some of the new abilities given to us then were hardly interesting and made very little impact. Just seems as though we're nearly an expansion behind in development, and our MoP talents only seem to confirm that.

All that Cata gave us was Healing Rain and a watered-down Chain Heal. Our mechanics are completely outdated and they need a complete revamp already.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

Ah you're right, shows you how little i've used this glyph or even checked it out since its inception... or its just me being dumb since havn't played much for a few months. Anyhow yeah this makes it just as useless as it was before. Bah
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My initial reaction is disappointment right now. That being said, i'm an open and patient player. So I won't lose any sleep over this. Yet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/11/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Korghal
I'm guessing that is how it works. That is, ES heals tank for 10k and also gets a 10k bubble. Would be silly for it to turn the heal into an absorb as it'd hardly be a net gain at all for us due to the low healing of ES, and basically going against the design of Earth Shield of "get hit and heal some damage".

I agree, but I can see it being read both ways. Maybe I'm just being somewhat cynical, but it almost sounds like "100% of the heal is converted into an absorb".

I'm more likely to believe that it would then heal for 200%, but I guess this absorb hype has me doubting. You can probably safely disregard my anxiety.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
My initial reaction is disappointment right now. That being said, i'm an open and patient player. So I won't lose any sleep over this. Yet.

We also have the talents that aren't taken being looked at, followed by totemic restoration being changed for spread/high movement healing.
Edited by Sensations on 6/11/2013 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/11/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Tiberria
The 4 piece sounds interesting, although I have concerns about tying a throughput cooldown into SWG. SWG is supposed to be our cooldown for when we need mobility, and that isn't necessarily when you want to use a throughput cooldown. I don't like them being linked.

Agreed.

We'll soon see what kind of healing is required during movement in T16... and know better what impact the set bonus will have then, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I actually like the 2 piece a lot.

It's basically a 100% buff to Earth Shield's heals, and it's an absorb. Sounds pretty great to me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

It's basically a 100% buff to Earth Shield's heals, and it's an absorb. Sounds pretty great to me.

2pc is boring imo, the 4pc though is beyond amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

2pc is boring imo, the 4pc though is beyond amazing.

Yeah, the Earth Shield buff seems practical and useful, but not particularly exciting.

The 4 piece is really cool though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm particularly worried about putting a bonus to SWG. This DID NOT MATTER in tier 13.
Please don't use that as a point of reference.

Very few fights required mobile healing there (in dragon soul) and so it was almost a non-issue since you probably were not using SWG in the first place. Thus it was just a great healing cooldown to add to your arsenal.

There were a few situations where, yes, you did want to use SWG for the mobile component (h morchok running to crystal 3 if you had to soak while healing up second stomp, h hagara frost phase (maybe depending on your strat), running into an onslaught on h blackhorn etc), but for the most part those were the hard hitting parts OF those fights and so you probably would have used SWG anyway in the situations.

More than likely we won't see a return to DS, and so I am not too fond of the cooldown being tied to SWG... I get so much mileage this tier out of SWG. I really would hate to have a cooldown be attached to it if the fights are designed similarly.

But don't get me wrong the bonus itself is good.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I want to see more! Most of what they hinted at prior isn't there, so I'm happy to see that they seem to have more than token changes planned. I do not share the 2/4pc pessimism, I think they are very nice. It looks like they are trying to give more absorbs to the healers who don't have many.

The glyphs are still hot greasy garbage but that is an important Shaman standard to maintain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]