RShaman 5.4 data mining! (Updated 07/08/13)

90 Pandaren Shaman
06/12/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Dmassey
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't absorbs make it so tanks can't block

Very wrong.

06/12/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Tiberria
be prepared to be 25-30% behind for the rest of the expansion

Havn't even seen numbers for 5.4 yet and already crying. Shouldn't expect much from you I suppose.

Your hyperbole is showing again.

You cannot get threw to the shaman culture. Unless they have the best of the best of everything, then the tears will flow.

Its through, not threw. Also, the notion that the player base of shamans is any different than the player base of another class isn't based in any kind of fact. Shouldn't expect much from you I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

2pc is boring imo, the 4pc though is beyond amazing.

Yeah, the Earth Shield buff seems practical and useful, but not particularly exciting.

The 4 piece is really cool though.

The 2 piece is a much much worst 2 piece than what we have now. 10888 is the Average heal I get from Earth Shield off of 74 procs and 90+% uptime. This is including Crits. Basically all this will do is double our "heal" from earth shield on a single target.

The same fight I pulled out my Es heals our priest had an average of 107056 on PSW absorbs with 67 hits. Which can go on any target they choose.

Why would I want a weak 2 piece that is tied into only 1 target? When the last healed an additional target with a smart heal.

4 Piece can be nice if its another Dragon Soul where we all just stand in one spot and never have to move much. If there is high mobility it will suck. No point in having a cooldown for mobility to have a tied in throughput.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I thought they were going to tweak our talents?

*Kat Williams voice* Don't worry, I'll wait.
Edited by Nepthyss on 6/12/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
We have been waiting this entire expansion for mechanics fixes, and have been significantly behind for the last two patches, but still seem to get zero development time compared to Paladins/Priests/Monks/Druids.

Less development time than monks?

Monks:

Ring of peace has a new visual effect

Shaman:

Radius of healing rain increased to 12 yds (was 10)
mana cost of Riptide reduced 25%
glyph of riptide reduces initial heal by 75%, down from 90%

(stuff for glyphs/talents/other specs than Resto)

Your hyperbole is showing again.

Shaman haven't received even 10% of the development effort that Monks have this expansion. Maybe not in 5.4 so far, but every patch prior to that, they have had major adjustments and mechanics changes, while Shaman have been essentially untouched outside of minor since MoP went alive. Plus, Monks should need less changes in the first place, because they were just developed from scratch over the last 12 months, and have all modern class mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
not bad not bad I pretty Like my class what ever what happen i will alway love shaman lol
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
06/12/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Tiberria
Shaman haven't received even 10% of the development effort that Monks have this expansion.

You mean the expansion in which Monks were developed from scratch? Shocking!

Seriously though, more HR radius is nice I guess, but it seems like the big problem is not having a plan B when encounter mechanics make HR impractical, and I don't think a couple more yards is going to change that.

I'm not in the glyph haters club that most of this thread seems to be in, though. A CH that will actually jump even when it's not just on the melee clump is worth any CD (since it's the only kind of CH worth casting in the first place), let alone half the one it has now, and since riptide is one of the few IC heals shaman have, making it more effective is good. RT/CH/pick new target/RT/CH isn't the most exciting spread healing we could possibly have, but it might at least be functional.

Furthermore, these could be the first steps to baselining both glyphs in 6.0, which could go a long way to improving our ability to respond to spread/mobility situations that disadvantage HR (while not interfering with anyone who actually likes the other available glyphs for resto).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
-Gonna miss T15 2 piece set. I enjoyed the extra little boost to HST. I'm praying they just give us the boost anyways haha.

-Not sure what to think of T16 2 piece set because at first I was like sweet we finally get some absorbs, but then remembered myself wishing blizz would pull away from absorbs from healing. Or at least make it not so appealing I wish to heal on my paladin or level a disc priest.

-The changes to riptide are interesting and may end up playing around with it. Remember the glyphs main intent was to keep Tidal Waves up 100% of the time.

-the T16 4 piece set sounds kinda fun actually. I usually hit spiritwalker's grace with ascendance and now it will be an even better combo to use

-I hope they take a look at our level 45 talents (Totemic Restoration)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Some Riptide numbers.

32500 Spellpower
17.50% Haste
20.00% Crit

Old
RT . . . 76347 HPET // 11.42 HPM
RT (G) . . . 59185.66 HPET // 8.85 HPM

New
RT . . . 76347 HPET // 15.88 HPM
RT (G) . . . 62046 HPET // 12.90 HPM

Comparisons
CH4-RT . . . 66826 HPS // 12.76 HPM
CH4 . . . 53461 HPS // 10.21 HPM
CH3-RT . . . 57777 HPS // 10.48 HPM
CH3 . . . 46221 HPS // 8.38 HPM
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Some Riptide numbers.

32500 Spellpower
17.50% Haste
20.00% Crit

Old

New

Comparisons

I like it but... I don't think mana is the biggest concern as of now. I feel like most of us can get away with pretty much keeping healing rain down permanently and still not worry about mana if you still are doing things properly (recalling HST at ~0 seconds glyphed, and if you have the meta watching when it procs for better use etc). Still good to know nonetheless. But with no change to the mechanic of how fast riptide acts (so jealous of that druid spell!) or its coefficient for the HoT component, an overhealing HoT is still just that.

In fact, I would go as far as to say all healers with HoTs should have a spell similar to the one druids are getting. Kind of like how they added ground AoEs in cata. They just have to make it extremely expensive so that it is not spammed or something along those lines. I think it would add decent depth to the classes and would make things like the glyph more attractive in certain situations.
Edited by Gardiff on 6/12/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It seems most attractive to 10 man Shamans who are two-healing.

But you're right about efficiency being of less consequence.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The other thing with the comparison of HPS/HPET and HPM of Riptide and Chain Heal is that the Riptide HoT is almost assured to have a significantly higher overhealing percentage than a smart heal like Chain Heal, especially if it is being used as a blanket filler.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Some Riptide numbers.

32500 Spellpower
17.50% Haste
20.00% Crit

Old

New

Comparisons

Am I right in assuming Glyph of Riptide would be better used in 10M situations rather than 25M, given these numbers?
Edited by Nahuul on 6/12/2013 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Breaking down your toolkit into spell metrics is just the foundation for analysis. It is not meant to be a "Spec Score". It isn't much different from a doctor taking your vital signs.

You still have to determine when it's most appropriate to use each of your tools.

06/12/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Nahuul
Am I right in assuming Glyph of Riptide would be better used in 10M situations rather than 25M, given these numbers?

There's no way to quantify that without loss of generality, but I perceive a 10 man Shaman may find greater need to utilize it just by immediate virtue of raid size, though I can see it being further extended due to less concentrated heals.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Not a happy space-goat.

The glyph changes are so minor and inconsequential, I don't understand why they don't just hotfix them in rather than waiting however many MORE months. It's like they're trying to stop the bleeding from a sucking chest wound with a Q-Tip.

The 2T16 looks slightly worse than the corresponding T15. From my logs, the 2T15 ticks from HST are about 4.5% of my heals, and the extra damage reduction buff is worth something too, even if it doesn't show up in logs. Earth Shield, with close to 100% uptime, is 3.7%. So, meh.

The 4T16 is probably more significant, but the best they can do is give us a second, slightly different version of Ascendance, tied to a different cooldown that is often used *with* Ascendance?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Tiberria
Healing Rain's radius has been increased to 12 yards, up from 10 yards.

This has been added to the official patch notes. It will help a bit I guess, but if this is their "ranged and movement fix", they should be ashamed of themselves.

2 more yards to the radius increases healing rains area by 44%.

That is not insignificant.

Not saying you don't know that, just worth pointing out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Resto shamans are looking like they will be the most op healer in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
2 more yards to the radius increases healing rains area by 44%.

That is not insignificant.

Not saying you don't know that, just worth pointing out.

It is insignificant because there's basically very little situations where it will make a difference.

For stack fights, HR is already capped by diminishing returns, so this does nothing.

For spread-healing fights, this will hit the same melee group as it did before.
Reply Quote
Up up up! Updated for the new datamining.

Conductivity was changed to increase the duration of Healing Rain when you cast HW/GHW/HS and now also Chain Heal by 1 second (also applies to the DPS component).

Healing Tide Totem's base output was buffed while the Purification benefit was removed, probably to make HTT more viable for Ele and Enh.

Stone Bulwark also got a buff to the initial shield, but the refreshing absorb is untouched.

Edit: I'd appreciate it if anyone can test the PTR later to check if the new Conductivity allows for two Healing Rains to be up at once. Thanks.
Edited by Korghal on 6/19/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Healing Tide Totem healing increased by 50%.

oh look the buff we were suppose to get this patch we are getting next patch..

better late than never I guess...but still looking for some spread changes of real substance
Edited by Harrasupanda on 6/19/2013 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
oh look the buff we were suppose to get this patch we are getting next patch..

better late than never I guess...but still looking for some range changes.

What buff? Purification no longer buffs HTT, so in the end it will still heal for the same. As I said in the other thread, I'm not even sure what the devs are thinking anymore. The ideas they come up with do nothing to fix a broken toolkit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]