[Bug] Pet Cage 5.3 bug

90 Blood Elf Priest
To sum it up for people who read this for the first time AND apparently Blizz: when you auction a pet or when a pet auction expires or gets cancelled or when you just move pets in bank sometimes you get this item Pet Cage instead of the actual pet AND YOU JUST LOSE YOUR PET.

On use the item just gives the message "Internal error" seems it can happen to any pet of any type and level.

I would say is one of the TOP 5 ISSUES in the game right now. Seems it started with 5.3 and I don't know how many times we must report it UNTIL IT GETS SOME ATTENTION.

Already reported here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9245744564
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165617325
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9234833497
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8920082020
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165587335
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It seems like blues don't respond to bug forum posts until a thread is at least several pages long. I've experienced (and posted) about this on a character that had it happen to on the longest thread amongst the ones you linked.

What bothers me is not only are they not responding to these threads at least acknowledging it in a tangible way but they also seemingly don't want to inform people of the risk of dealing with pets at the moment. Which is incredibly irritating and actually hurts everyone, not just the people getting these cages. The reason for that is due to all the new pets that have recently been released and as a result there are now plenty of people who are wary of putting up pets, or hell, even buying them (as what happened to me was purchased Pets are now showing as Pet Cages, yay!), which means the market is upside down in a lot of cases.

You'd think that they'd roll out a fix that at least disabled Battle Pets from being placed on the AH until this is fixed, if nothing else.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I have too had this happen 6 times now (just happened to another 3 pets today returned to me from expired AH postings I made). It really seems to be random and this hasn't occurred since my first experience with it about two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I "lost" two rare pets to this bug. I still have the Pet Cages for what it is worth but they are completely useless as I cannot even re-learn how to summon them due to the "Internal error".

All of the battle pets affected this way were initially "Put In (a) Cage" from my battle pet list in order to sell them in the auction house (something I've been able to do numerous times without any errors). The error has only occurs when some are received back through the mailbox (since they did not sell in the auction house).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've also just had this buying some pets off the AH. Really really annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I have too had this happen 6 times now (just happened to another 3 pets today returned to me from expired AH postings I made). It really seems to be random and this hasn't occurred since my first experience with it about two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I "lost" two rare pets to this bug. I still have the Pet Cages for what it is worth but they are completely useless as I cannot even re-learn how to summon them due to the "Internal error".

All of the battle pets affected this way were initially "Put In (a) Cage" from my battle pet list in order to sell them in the auction house (something I've been able to do numerous times without any errors). The error has only occurs when some are received back through the mailbox (since they did not sell in the auction house).

Exact description of what has happened to me. Actually had 6 auctions expire, 5 came back as cages. No idea what made the last one come back normal. All where Pandaren elementals, pandas, and I think one little bad wolf.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
You don't lose your pets if your pet comes back as a "pet cage", just send in a service ticket and a GM will restore it, have had 5 restored already and another I just sent in a ST for. This is a well known issue that needs fixed.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Just going to put out there, that I put in a ticket to restore ONE cage and the GM did *not* fix it....just sent me the usual copy and paste reply of checking with the bug forums and that it is a known issue. Nothing about a fix, or to actually restore my cage. I'll 'prolly put in another ticket in a few days to see if I can actually get some real help.

Otherwise, buy pets off the auction house at your own risk.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Just going to put out there, that I put in a ticket to restore ONE cage and the GM did *not* fix it....just sent me the usual copy and paste reply of checking with the bug forums and that it is a known issue. Nothing about a fix, or to actually restore my cage. I'll 'prolly put in another ticket in a few days to see if I can actually get some real help.

Otherwise, buy pets off the auction house at your own risk.

If they didn't fix your issue, then don't close the ticket, use the 'still not resolved' and escalate.

Just be polite but firm with the GMs / tickets until you get your issue resolved. Do not accept copy / paste non-answers from first line GMs.
Edited by Nimiuss on 6/17/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After having 5 pets restored from expired auctions I am having pets in the guild bank turning into empty cages.

The GM was very nice as always, but it is frustrating that a week ago I was told it might be a good idea to not auction them till it's resolved and last night it was suggested that I don't keep them in the guild vault. I have a lot of pets. The only remaining option is my bank or inventory and I've seen reports of this happening even there.

Like many have said before, A simple acknowledgement of the issue and a, "we're working on it" would be nice.

I also think they would cut down on a ton of support tickets if they gave us some official suggestions until it is resolved. I've been playing on various toons since launch. I think I've entered more tickets as a result of this than I've had to the entire rest of the time I've had an account. I can't imagine I'm alone.
Edited by Hadrix on 6/19/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We are currently researching this behavior. I will provide updates as I receive them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I had this happen to mine tonight since I was unaware of the bug. Just reporting in to let you know it is still a problem. Thank you for checking into this Sapperwix. We appreciate any updates ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
guess not enough people are complaining about this, I have 4 pets in the last 2 days alone, over 12 all together, this is a well known bug that hasn't been fixed since 5.3, guess blizz would rather restore pets than fix the problem, get it fixed blizz of you can end my acct
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Thanks Sapperwix for the post :)

This bug just happened to me, so I thought I'd pass on the details. I put a Terrible Turnip in the AH Monday night. This morning, after maintenance, I checked my auctions. The Turnip had been changed to a Pet Cage while it was still for sale (the "pet cage" is still in the AH as of this writing). Possibly the bug is maintenance related. But it's definitely happening while the pet is in the AH, not at expiration, canceling, or in mailing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I lost 2 pets that I put in the AH and came back as pet cages. I put in a ticket and they were fixed. I lost 8 more a couple days after the first were fixed. I didn't bother getting those fixed, but I did look around some.
I found one theory that (with minimal testing) might hold some truth. The problem is with the bank (or guild bank I don't remember exactly). So if you take the pet out of a bank/gbank, learn it, recage it, then put it in the AH. Like I said, it's minimal testing, I've only done this for 2 trips through the AH with about 15 pets, but so far all of them have come back uncorrupted.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is happening even more frequently to me now on my banker alt.

She now has a few in her personal bank, in the guild bank that only she has access to (there's about 15 in there now), plus some in her bags.

I've put in a few tickets about this. The blue posted here a month ago saying they were investigating it, but it hasn't been mentioned on the "known issues" list, and a fix hasn't been put into place.

What am I supposed to do with all of these pets that are just taking up space now? can't sell them on ah, can't vendor them, can't mail them, and some are worth alot of gold so I don't want to destroy them. They are unusable.

Why isn't this getting fixed? Why isn't it mentioned on the known issues list? It's a pretty big issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Vex
3 lvl25 upgraded Gilnean Ravens of breeds no longer obtainable are now plagued by this bug. I'm going to open tickets until they're restored.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I just wanted to update to say that this still hasn't been fixed, nor has it been put on the "known issues" list.

I have had to put in multiple tickets now to get pets restored, both on my banker toon and now on this one since the pets broke in the mail between my banker toon and this one. I still have nearly 20 pets that "cannot be restored" via the GM's that tell me I have to wait for the devs to fix them.

Between this and the barrens bugs (some of which are still happening), I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed with this content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]