5.4 and Kanrethad

100 Human Warlock
So, I'm just not able to multitask Kanrethad. I won't go into the whinning and !@#$%ing that comes with this fight but with the enormous and horrible nerf coming for warlocks in 5.4, could you throw us just a small bone, blizz, and please please please nerf Kan as much as you're nerfing us. At least make it so he suddenly can't summon felhunters for some reason, as for some reason we suddenly can't cast and move for longer than 15 seconds.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I think after 3 days with only six hour breaks for sleep, 4k of gold on repairs, I've done my minimum amount of effort. If you feel like hoping on and sending me the massive amount of gold it costs to gem and enchant on an RP realm then, by all means, please do.
But, otherwise, why the hell would I gem and enchant 484 gear?
Edited by Cradaen on 6/13/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I beat him in full s13 honor gear like 2 months ago at 474 ilvl. L2P issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I think I just suck at multitasking to be honest. But, like I said, I'm not here to !@#$% about how hard this fight it. If anything, i'm really glad this fight was hard as hell. I just think when 5.4 comes out they need to make up for the fact that we won't be able to move while casting.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I still haven't beaten him, trying to kill him was the first thing that got me interested in the game after a few months of barely playing during the end of a sememster.

Don't nerf him. I would be disappointed if i beat him just because he got easier.

Personally I think I need to try out destruction to beat him. Affliction doesn't have enough burst to take down the hounds quick enough.
Edited by Racklinc on 6/13/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
To be honest, u don't really need to move much while DPSing Kanrethad.
The only 2 time i actually move
1) Moving out of Rain of Fire
2) Taking Demonic Gateway / Demonic Circle:Teleport
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The item level that comes out with 5.4 will be a strong enough nerf already.
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Warlock
L2P issue.

L2 manners.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I think after 3 days with only six hour breaks for sleep, 4k of gold on repairs, I've done my minimum amount of effort. If you feel like hoping on and sending me the massive amount of gold it costs to gem and enchant on an RP realm then, by all means, please do.

Not gemming/enchanting is like playing without 1-2 pieces of gear. Why would you think you could do that, and still beat challenging solo content?

And last time I looked, it wasn't expensive at all to do so on Moon Guard.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Not gemming/enchanting is like playing without 1-2 pieces of gear. Why would you think you could do that, and still beat challenging solo content?

And last time I looked, it wasn't expensive at all to do so on Moon Guard.

Guess you haven't checked in awhile then lol then again it also depends on our definition of expensive. For me, 800g for a single gem is expensive. I barely hold more than 1k at any time on me and that's just because in the six years I've played this game I've never found out how those rich bastards do it lol
Regardless, if I can get enough money together and gem my !@#$ up I'll do it. But, until then, I'm going to continue to wipe on the felhunters because I don't do enough damage lol.

Incidentally, I went onto the ptr and played around with not having KJC and I have to say, I'm actually surprised to find it doesn't bother me that much. I may have to take back what I said about nerfing him just because of the movement changes in 5.4. I suppose it just *seems* like a big deal for locks to be able to move, but when I tried it out myself, stationary casting isn't so bad.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

Because you want to win a fight you have labored over and been unable to complete?

One potential answer for that question...

I heard professions give buffs too. Can anyone confirm?
Reply Quote
68 Orc Hunter

You don't deserve the green fire and I pray you never get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Honestly... You should be putting forth more effort. People (including me) have done it in worse gear/ench than you just fine. I think the mentality of 'I have to have green fire' needs to die. Instead it should be 'I am going to earn my green fire.'

When you earn your green fire, you will be a true Lord of the Sit- I mean, Warlock. :P

But seriously, just keep your head in the game and take it one step at a time. Gemming on an RP realm isn't hard, neither is enchanting. If need be, find a nice guild to join and see if they can't help you out.
Edited by Evalain on 6/13/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Gem and enchant your gear ffs stop being so lazy put forth the minimum amount of effort.

The minimum effort has been attained with only a meta and legendary gem missing. Majority of his gear is gemmed. Chanted on the other hand is a different story.

In regards to Kanrethad, practice, practice and practice. It took me about 25-30 attempts to kill him. After I got comfortable with interupting the mass murder spell and dropping my aggro, Kanrethad died soon after.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Incidentally, I went onto the ptr and played around with not having KJC and I have to say, I'm actually surprised to find it doesn't bother me that much. I may have to take back what I said about nerfing him just because of the movement changes in 5.4. I suppose it just *seems* like a big deal for locks to be able to move, but when I tried it out myself, stationary casting isn't so bad.

Did you run some arenas? or some bg's? or raid a couple movement heavy normal/heroic bosses? then compare your damage output or survivability to your current toon? maybe you're right and it wont be too bad, but it will certainly be less fun, and I don't see 2 of the specs performing anywhere near how they do now with basically removing our entire tier 6 tree, and not compensating significantly somewhere else.

Oh and you're demo, I don't think many are too concerned about demo surviving this nerf to be honest.
Edited by Woeful on 6/14/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Everyone has trouble with the felhunters. You can use your pit lord to help get rid of them though. Provided they arnt facing him when he charges he'll burn them down pretty quickly for you.

Start the phase like this.
After cataclysm, wait for a moment for him to cast rain of fire, then move in close to have the pit lord quickly burn off your dots before sending him to the left side of the bosses portal (or right, depending on where you put own demonic gateway). Cast rain of fire on the gateway, and if your worried about taking damage try to cast sacraficial pact before having the pit lord heal you.

cast havok on the first as it arrives and use cooldowns (macro them to one button)

recast rain of fire and begin casting chaos bolt on the second

have the pit lord attack the third while chaos bolt is charging, use burning embers/conflag, fel flames and shadowburn to finish them off. And make sure to keep rain of fire ticking.

Its important that you dont move while you're doing this, the felhunters can turn while they're following you and release your pit lord. Also you have to bring the pit lord in as soon as the third felhunter arrives, its around about this point Kanrethad will start casting chaos bolt and you'll have to port behind the pillar ((having one felhunter up at this point will not always get you killed. You can still quickly burn him down, stun the pit lord with a shadowfury and re-enslave him))

Most important to beating the felhunters, dont attempt it at 3am. Take a break if you've been failing for a while, the fight is a whole lot easier if you're fully awake.
Edited by Tgoodkind on 6/14/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Everyone has trouble with the felhunters. You can use your pit lord to help get rid of them though. Provided they arnt facing him when he charges he'll burn them down pretty quickly for you.

Start the phase like this.
After cataclysm, wait for a moment for him to cast rain of fire, then move in close to have the pit lord quickly burn off your dots before sending him to the left side of the bosses portal (or right, depending on where you put own demonic gateway). Cast rain of fire on the gateway, and if your worried about taking damage try to cast sacraficial pact before having the pit lord heal you.

cast havok on the first as it arrives and use cooldowns (macro them to one button)

recast rain of fire and begin casting chaos bolt on the second

have the pit lord attack the third while chaos bolt is charging, use burning embers/conflag, fel flames and shadowburn to finish them off. And make sure to keep rain of fire ticking.

Its important that you dont move while you're doing this, the felhunters can turn while they're following you and release your pit lord. Also you have to bring the pit lord in as soon as the third felhunter arrives, its around about this point Kanrethad will start casting chaos bolt and you'll have to port behind the pillar ((having one felhunter up at this point will not always get you killed. You can still quickly burn him down, stun the pit lord with a shadowfury and re-enslave him))

Most important to beating the felhunters, dont attempt it at 3am. Take a break if you've been failing for a while, the fight is a whole lot easier if you're fully awake.

That's the advice he was looking for I'm sure, unlike the majority of this post. I beat him using almost the same exact tactics as you just posted now, about 40 minutes ago. After about 24-25 attempts I believe it was, and 3 hours, I was able to do it. I bought +int potions and food, and purification potions, although I didn't need one. Practice, and learning the different phases and wiping are keys to the success of beating this boss. Trust me it's worth the effort.
Edited by Cuddlydemon on 6/14/2013 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You spend 4k on repairs but not 800gp on gems and enchants. By gemming and enchanting, you make it more likely now and in the future that you wont need to spend as much on repairs. Invest in yourself, not in an NPC merchant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Its important that you dont move while you're doing this, the felhunters can turn while they're following you and release your pit lord.

Ohhhhh my goodness. Is THAT why that happens? I sometimes get knocked away by black hole [fail dispel on my part], and while the dogs are chasing me, my screen suddenly fills with them devouring my enslave alerts.

Sometimes it happens even when I've LOS'd the Pit Lord... or so I thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]