5.4 Windwalker Tier Bonuses

100 Pandaren Monk
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now generates 1 Chi. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick now generates 2 Chi.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus (New) Every 3 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Is it just me, or do these set bonuses seem stupid? I'm at 532 ilvl and find that I energy cap about 5% encounter time as is. This will make haste the least important stat. Will all 5.4 monks be using Re-Orig with a 51% mastery 48% crit 1% haste build? With all this chi generation, I will be casting jab 30% less (number pulled out of !@#$), resulting in significantly higher dps from blackout kick.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Compare it this way. Our damage from energy is crap. Our real damage comes from spending chi. If we energy cap, oh well. The combo breaker procs should help float us. We will still need energy regen because its still a random proc and can't be relied on for our only chi generation. Also, haste increases our attack speed too. So no. It's not totally worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
The mastery/crit/haste ratio won't change. Say you have 34/33/33. After proc you have 166/0/0. If the ratio changed to 51/48/1, after proc you would have 149/0/0, making RoR less effective. I do not have the mental facilities to see if this is an overall dps gain or loss, but my GUESS is that you wouldn't want to change your ratio.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]