Did we just lose our snare on judgements?

100 Human Paladin
Because it sure does look that way

Burden of Guilt Your Judgment hits fill your target with doubt and remorse, reducing movement speed by 50% for 12 sec. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent. Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent.

Bolded part isn't in the spell description anymore.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Currently, yes, if specced into BoG; but the talent now lets you fear pretty much anything in the game, and you can glyph it to instant cast with no drawback.

Seems like it and SoJ will probably be mandatory for PvP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's a shame. I kinda liked the snare for a couple of reasons. I'm using it atm to kite the big direhorns to get the eggs.

But chain fearing things sounds interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Currently, yes, if specced into BoG; but the talent now lets you fear pretty much anything in the game, and you can glyph it to instant cast with no drawback.

The glyph was removed. I need to update my post with glyph changes.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
No, the glyph is still there it looks like - just reduces the cast time but doesn't affect the CD. I mean, the Turn Evil tool tip still shows a 1.5s cast time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
No, the glyph is still there it looks like - just reduces the cast time but doesn't affect the CD. I mean, the Turn Evil tool tip still shows a 1.5s cast time.

Look at the item, not the spell. Both Turn Evil and Inquisition glyphs have erroneous spell effect tooltips in the current PTR.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Okay, I see what you're saying now. That last mention of Turn Evil on the Paladin block makes that rather confusing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
All the Inquisition whiners got their wish. :P

Now it's going to be, everyone who had zero issues with it will forget it's even there
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin

Rise up with me and get this crap quashed!

WE DON'T FRAKKING NEED IT!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/11/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

Rise up with me and get this crap quashed!

WE DON'T FRAKKING NEED IT!!

Just makes the paladin rotation more novice friendly, instead of it being a Poor Man's combat rogue variation.

But I do agree, it wasn't really needed.
Edited by Criceto on 6/11/2013 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
the net change is that people who could play ret without too much trouble are going to squeeze more templar's verdict's into their rotations, which means higher overall dps. not complaining. also, having fear will make us much more fearsome in pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
the net change is that people who could play ret without too much trouble are going to squeeze more templar's verdict's into their rotations, which means higher overall dps. not complaining. also, having fear will make us much more fearsome in pvp.

Much more annoying in general, yes. I'm totally fine with that.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
06/11/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Criceto
Just makes the paladin rotation more novice friendly, instead of it being a Poor Man's combat rogue variation.

That's what the old glyph was for - hand-holding, training wheels. This feels like a step in the direction of making us Arcane Mages in plate as opposed to half-assed Combat Rogues in plate.

Frankly, I prefer the Rogue comparison.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
First class I'm fearing will be a Warlock...

And I'm going to do it as many time as I can, no matter what the CD is. I'm going to show them !@#$%es how it feels.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Wow. I really hope this does not go through. The tears would drown us all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I didn't have a problem with inquisition in PVE, but doubling it's duration is going to be a dream come true in PVP. The glyph is gonna be awesome for questing/raids.

Losing the slow isn't a big deal, it's well worth the trade off for the fear.

Blizz opened a can of worms when they changed Justice to a slow AND gave us a talent to do the same, they could have easily just changed the seal and people would have been ecstatic. It's a great change, and I don't mind swapping to justice if I need a slow. It's still a huge buff.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Fear vs FoJ..
Really it's just going to give us more viable comps in pvp so cc doesn't dr with companions.

From a pvp perspective, although we are strong atm, the inquisition change is a welcome one..
With the amount of cc in the game as well as ret having to rely heavily on off healing, inquisition can become a real pain and a waste of HP at times.
Tho 15sec per charge would have been more than enough..

As for burden.. It was a meh talent anyway, to situational when comparing with other talents in that tier.. Besides it promotes better use of seal swapping to seal of justice tho I do think they could improve SoJ a bit more..
Hah, imagine if they made burden baseline, I think I'd crap me dacks! Perhaps a small buff to SoJ so we still have a decent snare..?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As for burden.. It was a meh talent anyway, to situational when comparing with other talents in that tier.. Besides it promotes better use of seal swapping to seal of justice tho I do think they could improve SoJ a bit more..
Hah, imagine if they made burden baseline, I think I'd crap me dacks! Perhaps a small buff to SoJ so we still have a decent snare..?
Adding the snare to judment while using Justice could be plasuable, but laughably op.

Fear is too much. I still can't believe it.

Paladins will be fearing people. Just say that out loud a few times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Paladins will be fearing people. Just say that out loud a few times.

Yeah, but think of it this way. To every warlock: PAYBACK IS COMING, MOTHER !@#$ER.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]