Did we just lose our snare on judgements?

93 Dwarf Paladin
06/11/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Criceto
To every warlock

And Priests, let's not forget them!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/11/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
To every warlock

And Priests, let's not forget them!

And warriors.

The amount of tears will be biblical.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Its kinda a worthless change and nerf in some situations. No more instant fearing Psyfiends, lock pets, lichbourne dks, etc etc.

It does nothing for ret as 30 second hammer is better still as casting a 1.5 second fear isn't that great for a melee class.

It only kinda helps Holy but makes it harder to chain blinding light when repentence (same tier) holds them in 1 spot. Its nice that it won't break on 1 point of damage and sorta nice that maybe you can run other comps as you will have a different dred cc to offer.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Im certain the glyph will still make it instant cast, there's no way.

Having TWO cast-able CCs in the same tree, it would make no sense not to pick Fist as ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Its kinda a worthless change and nerf in some situations. No more instant fearing Psyfiends, lock pets, lichbourne dks, etc etc.

It does nothing for ret as 30 second hammer is better still as casting a 1.5 second fear isn't that great for a melee class.

It only kinda helps Holy but makes it harder to chain blinding light when repentence (same tier) holds them in 1 spot. Its nice that it won't break on 1 point of damage and sorta nice that maybe you can run other comps as you will have a different dred cc to offer.

I can see it used after a Blinding Light to extend the CC chain, which may end up nerfing it.

Also I can see the troubles of a melee using a casted (lolol) fear, so maybe the glyph could let us cast while running, or cut the cast by .5-1 second. Instant, while powerful, would make Hammer -> blinding light -> Turn Evil into a nightmare.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Not real happy about losing the only slow mechanic available to holy
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not real happy about losing the only slow mechanic available to holy

Thats what partners are for. Plus a fear will allow you to harass more than just melee classes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Thats what partners are for. Plus a fear will allow you to harass more than just melee classes.

Still would like a slow mechanic.

Wish holy could trade the worthless Seal of Truth (worthless for holy anyways) and get Seal of Justice. Its a weaker version of BoG because it is melee, but Holy wouldnt get comepletley cut off from having a slow mechanic.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior

As I said on page 1, it will open up more viable ret comps with cc not having DR.

Also we don't no what the glyph will do.. How powerful it becomes will depend on the glyph.
I wouldn't be surprised if the glyph made it instant for everything that isn't humanoid..
Or perhaps make it instant with a long cd (how currently works but reworked).

The fact that ret can instant blinding light - cast fear (regardless of cast time or not) to either lock out a target or use it defensively to relieve pressure.. Plus not having no DR with HoJ.. An offensive or defensive cc chain capable from ret alone will be powerful, throw in partners and maybe there will be a new god comp with ret in it :P
It's also an effective peel which ret lacked..

Burden was crap anyway, we still have SoJ for a slow.
FoJ will still be awesome depending on comp so meh..
Powerful changed..
Reply Quote
52 Human Paladin
you guys forgot the 1 important point

the name of the new talent - Evil is a Point of View

Point of View indeed ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
All the Inquisition whiners got their wish. :P

Rise up with me and get this crap quashed!

WE DON'T FRAKKING NEED IT!!

This is awful logic, it's an outdated system that needed to be changed. Name another dps that has to spend their damage to keep up a buff with a max 30 second duration and no other refreshers.

The glyph and double duration are great and will really help make our class run a lot more smoothly. I don't know why you're crying about a change like this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well i'm kind of worry about CC for holy... but hope it wont be any problem...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I like a lot of the buffs, but I will miss having BoG for a snare. It really made up for the lack of charge/shadowstep/deathgrip with ret.

It would be nice if SoJ was buffed so it was *the pvp* seal. As it stands now, it seems like we'll be doing more seal twisting in order to maintain a snare but still get the best pvp damage (seal of truth).

All the other stuff is really nice. Having a fear will be cool, inq changes will be nice, seemed like there was a lot of good changes coming for 5.4
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
06/12/2013 04:31 AMPosted by Martymcfly
Name another dps that has to spend their damage to keep up a buff with a max 30 second duration and no other refreshers.

The classes with such a buff and refreshers also have other mandatory, damage-oriented things to do with their resources - and resource costs other than charges.

But we don't. We generate charges and either deal damage. Sure, we can heal, but why waste Holy Power healing when you can drop a demi-LoH via Selfless Healer without wasting HoPo?

We do not need this change for PvE; in PvP, maybe - but it should be added in as a PvP set bonus to alleviate the problems with Inq where they may actually exist.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret Mage shaman(Druid)

Might be good????????????

Time to dust off my ret skills

Edit: for those who are addicted to Fist and think fear is not as good shut up, having fear will allow rets to play with casters who don't fear(ie mages boomkins shamans) ret/caster has always had a peel problem and this fear would change that.
Edited by Requital on 6/12/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
For PvE or PvP?

Personally, I'm engineering/mining. It's not the most efficient for a ret paladin, but I love the engineering perks and I like gathering on my ret paladin since I can solo lots of other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys act as if inquisition was a skill check.

Nothing that can be addonmized is a skill check. Even if im retarded i can set an addon to flash my monitor with convulsion inducing lights, screen sized images, nuclear bomb sounds and the voice of Morgan Freeman counting down the 5 seconds left on inq.

skill check this, skill check that.... wow is a full tab/target game that is completely plagued with macros and addons that works way pasta breaking point. To play wow badly you need to be blind... literally.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You guys act as if inquisition was a skill check.

Nothing that can be addonmized is a skill check. Even if im retarded i can set an addon to flash my monitor with convulsion inducing lights, screen sized images, nuclear bomb sounds and the voice of Morgan Freeman counting down the 5 seconds left on inq.

skill check this, skill check that.... wow is a full tab/target game that is completely plagued with macros and addons that works way pasta breaking point. To play wow badly you need to be blind... literally.

Apparently it was hard enough for a substantial amount of the playerbase that it had to be increased baseline

So yes, that would be considered a 'skill check'
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Apparently it was hard enough for a substantial amount of the playerbase that it had to be increased baseline

This doesn't make it hard. Simply confirms that people are stupid. "Just cause a million people think something doesn't make it right."

These changes to paladins are absurdly unneeded and I'm willing to bet won't make it to live.
Edited by Dastn on 6/12/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Adding the snare to judment while using Justice could be plasuable, but laughably op.

Possibly OP, but it does come with the tradeoff that SoT's still better damage.

Fear is too much. I still can't believe it.

Paladins will be fearing people. Just say that out loud a few times.

To be fair, what Criceto said (HAHAHAHAHAHA PRIESTS WARLOCKS WARRIORS TAKE THAT YOU OP SONS OF--) but also, our fear still has a 15 second cooldown and a cast time in a class that has to be in melee to deal most of their direct damage. So I think it's fine, and actually a pretty well-balanced, awesome idea. We won't be chain fearing anyone, but we'll be damn useful when we do.

Rise up with me and get this crap quashed!

WE DON'T FRAKKING NEED IT!!

Eh. I'm ambivalent - the ones who were good at Inq won't notice it and the ones who were bad will stop posting about it, which is a plus - and the ones who were hopeless cases won't change regardless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]