Did we just lose our snare on judgements?

1 Orc Warrior
I get the impression that everyone saying that BoG was a crap talent solely plays RET. Especially that lvl 1 orc warrior...

Holy paladin should not be the only healing class without a slow/snare of some kind. We don't have SoJ (and I hope it stays that way - don't want to spend a global to change seals to then have to hit a target in melee to only then have to try and get some distance away from the attacker, again).

Actually I play both a ret and holy..
Was playing holy up until 2 weeks ago at 1900 mmr and last weekend went back to my ret on a new team playing at 1800 mmr.

I am rather shocked and amazed that you would even CONSIDER using BoG as a holy..
It's by far the worst talent for holy in that tier and even for ret, FoJ is by far superior.
BoG had its uses in specific situations but is way way to situational..
It's a weak talent choice.
I like the proposed change for ret and holy.. It now gives us 3 competitive choices in that tier..

And your example is weak btw.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
What example...?

That is a complete play style. Everything is Judged. Targets chasing me. Targets chasing others. The kill target. Everything is snared and if broken, re-snared 6 seconds later. It's never been as situational as you make it seem. There's always something that needs to be slowed. In every situation.

And a healer w/out a snare? That's going to be some BS right there.

How do you propose a holy paladin now deal with multiple attackers? A 1.5 second cast that will be interrupted in range or the 5 minute bubble...?

Priests have an AoE snare (or another fear option). Druids entangle. Shamans totem. Forget about Monks, they're the most OP healer in the game right now - greatest mobility and strongest raid/offensive heals.

EDIT: Regardless of how you play, I know that I personally prefer BoG. I'm a beast to take down and that talents helps make it that way.
Edited by Solamnus on 6/14/2013 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not a good change - they should be reducing CCs, not adding them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
BoG was not a good talent. Sure it's good for some situations in pvp like slowing demolishers and what not but in all seriousness in Arena and rbgs... No way I'm using that. Seal swapping is so much more effective in terms of our snare. SoJ is amazing. Replacing BoG with FoJ is the way to go. More stuns, more cc and now a new fear. !@#$s gettin real. Warlocks... I am coming for you... I will fear you, like you did to me countless times. I will find you. And I will fear you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First class I'm fearing will be a Warlock...

And I'm going to do it as many time as I can, no matter what the CD is. I'm going to show them !@#$%es how it feels.

Oh my God this. I am going to specifically save it for use when they're casting Fear.

HEY REMEMBER HOW FUN BLOOD FEAR WAS? HERE, HOWS THIS FOR FUN!?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
What example...?

That is a complete play style. Everything is Judged. Targets chasing me. Targets chasing others. The kill target. Everything is snared and if broken, re-snared 6 seconds later. It's never been as situational as you make it seem. There's always something that needs to be slowed. In every situation.

And a healer w/out a snare? That's going to be some BS right there.

How do you propose a holy paladin now deal with multiple attackers? A 1.5 second cast that will be interrupted in range or the 5 minute bubble...?

Priests have an AoE snare (or another fear option). Druids entangle. Shamans totem. Forget about Monks, they're the most OP healer in the game right now - greatest mobility and strongest raid/offensive heals.

EDIT: Regardless of how you play, I know that I personally prefer BoG. I'm a beast to take down and that talents helps make it that way.

I see, your a beast to take down with a 50% W/L ratio..
Clearly your play style isn't effective.
I don't even no where to start to explain it.. Somehow I don't think it'll matter anyway..
If you insist in using BoG, try not to tab players.. Using arena1/2/3 macros key bound is far more superior.

Your play style consists of you constantly being in bad positioning..
It does next to nothing against casters and is useless if YOUR not being trained by tunnel vision crap melee cleaves..
Having the ability to completely lock out an enemy vs being able to have 2 enemies snared for a short time every so often..

Oh well, if these changes go live, you'll see an improvement in your game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And Seal of Justice is crap. You have to melee someone to slow them? That's counter-intuitive as both a kiting ability and a gap closer.

...How do you explain Hamstring

Charge

Heroic Leap

I use Burden in bgs, I love the talent, it's very useful.. hopefully we can get BoD in SoJ at least like Lobster suggested.
Edited by Blazeyy on 6/15/2013 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Well, that was actually my suggestion but you can credit lobster for it if you want :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]