5.4 PTR Not Working

90 Tauren Death Knight
Hello, everyone. I am currently using a Windows 7 PC. I have just downloaded patch 5.3 on the PTR last night and patch 5.4's PTR right now. I am trying to play on the PTR, but every time I start it up, and accept the terms of agreement/use, the PTR freezes and I see nothing but the background on my screen, and I have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete to minimize. Then, I get a message from Windows, telling me that a problem with the program was encountered and that I must close it. So I did. I tried running it with administrator, and with recommended settings, and I have gotten the same problem. Is there any way to solve this issue? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
1. Update All Graphic / Sound Drivers. (most probably the issue)

2. Go into your PTR directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Public Test)
and Delete your Cache & interface folder.

Try them, Hopefully they will help :D
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Having the same issue and I tried your suggestions, still nothing.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Still can't get in and no more suggested ways to fix it. I guess I'm not playing the PTR this time around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]