A hollow shell of what we once were...

93 Dwarf Paladin
Your ignorance is showing - might wanna see to that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This post is in regards to Retribution. I remember the ol Lich king days when ppl feared the pally. We were an almost necessary part of that whole expansion. Since then thou we have been long forgotten as the DK remains "OP" in most ppls eyes. Between us and the other melee classes I still feel we are on the low side of the totem pole. My point is it is not the damage that is hurting us. It is our utility. A DK has grip. Warrior has his charge and leap. Our weak talent to judge and move fast for a shortly just doesn't cut it. We don't have that "in your face" move. We have no aoe to break stealth anymore. Our cleanse might as well just not exist compared to what it was. The remove movement impairing effects is almost useless. The moment I need it most it doesn't remove whats on me. Hammer of Wrath is a joke now. I remember when ppl just wanted a pally for kings or might. You don't even need us now with the DK's having our same buff...... It just seems like so much time was spend weakening the pally that they left us a mangled version of what was a cool class to play. Please blizz load a pally from Lich and play it and tell it is not a blast to play and then go to what we have now and you just feel like ur playing with your hands tied behind your back. The class feels more restricted than powerful. Note these are suppose the be the force that can conquer all evil. Champions of light. Bringers of justice. The class just doesn't have that unique feel anymore. So this is a call to my Ret pally brothers. Speak your mind. I would like to see what some of the other Ret pallies think.

The wall of text with a lack of paragraphs actually hurts my eyes. But I know what you are saying and here's my response. I didn't at first like the pally changes to ret in MoP at all. Overtime, I got better at it.

Now I think it's amazing how ret is. If you're trolling, cool.

If you're serious, learn to play.

Also, paragraphs, use them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Translation:

I'm a spoiled wrath baby who has always had it well and never experienced being relegated to a literal buff bot in MC and BWL.

Die in a fire.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, the DK buff is attack power, not stats or mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Man, I totally miss the days when Ret lacked a snare, an interrupt, AND anything resembling the ability to close gaps. Those were definitely the days when we were powerful and competitive, and not at all a hacked-together approximation of a melee spec.

Seriously, the MoP Ret actually flows very nicely, and has impressive capabilities. The whack-a-mole "hit whatever ability, in whatever order, whenever it comes off cooldown" version of Ret isn't coming back, and good riddance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/13/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Gïlgåmêsh
The class feels more restricted than powerful.

Very funny indeed! Right now retribution paladins are ranked 4th in dps in lvl 522 gear.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#522

If anything, given that we are a plate wearing class with multiple heals and shields, we are overpowered, not a restricted class at all.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
...Yeah, no matter how well intentioned, please don't ever reference Noxxic to try to bolster a claim. That site's general terribleness completely invalidates anything you may have tried to say.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If anything, given that we are a plate wearing class with multiple heals and shields, we are overpowered, not a restricted class at all.

Even mentioning plate in an argument about why any class or spec is overpowered is awful. Armor is one of the most meaningless stats still in the game when it comes to pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dude there's no way you can be this upset with paladins. They're unbelievable in pvp and pve. If you must I suggest hitting up youtube or forums for help. I think that might change your mind once you experience paladin to their full potential
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I rather have a ret paladin on my arena team than any other melee currently. Not only do they provide EXCELLENT off-heals when they heal other teammates, but they have a 40 yard range snare which has 100% up time. Hand of freedom, and hand of purity is another great utility that any team would love; reducing DoT damage from spriest/locks and allowing your healer to run away. They can now also remove silences off EVERYONE that alone is a life saver. Plus we can't forget they have THREE different ways (LoH,DS,HoP) of saving yourself or a teammate from near death. They also have Hand of sacrifice which I don't know why more paladins don't use it but the ability to transfer 30% damage off someone who getting trained into them-self is a very good thing to have when use correctly.

Paladins got some damage buffs in 5.3 and when they pop their wings provide some of the highest burst damage in the game. Overall retadins are looking pretty nasty right now and any good paladin will agree. Just because you fail you use your cooldowns properly and you have hard time using them doesn't mean the spec overall need a rework.

Paladins are awesome and I can't wait to get back to mine once again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hammer of Wrath is a joke now.

That's just silly, I feel like it hits just fine considering how hard it hits when it crits and that we can use our ranged "execute" at any given time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/14/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Millhiõre
Hammer of Wrath is a joke now.

That's just silly, I feel like it hits just fine considering how hard it hits when it crits and that we can use our ranged "execute" at any given time.

It was silly enough I just ignored it. Aside from TV, which is because I wear 4T15 in pvp, hammer of wrath is my hardest hitting attack, going up to around 100k crits pre-HoL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret still has a whack-a-mole rotation now, except that you're 4th ability is always a TV. And Dk's have a whack-a-mole rotation, and Shammies...I'm not too sure how relevant an arguement that is.

With this new patch, Ret might finally be in a good spot. I think currently, we're just right under that bar in terms of viability. We need ways of controlling the battle, and virtually every class has some form of CC built in, let alone being tethered to a certain to a spec. Thats our biggest problem.

And Inquisition. Inquisition is dumb. It single handedly curbs all the fun from this spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The best Ret ever was, was level 70 with Wrath talents. Oh God those two weeks were the best in history. PvP was Godmode.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I would like to see what some of the other Ret pallies think

Didn't read at all, but IMO Retribution is in probably the best place it's ever been .. EVER!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Dat wall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]