Flex Raids minimum level requirements?

90 Human Paladin
I searched the Announcements/FAQ and didn't find the answer to these basic questions.

What minimum character level will Flex Raids be available for?

Will there be a minimum item level requirement?

Is this going to be a new option to select when using the existing Dungeons/Raids interface?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I don't think flex raids have a queue system, so they won't have an ilvl requirement just as normal and heroic mode dungeons don't.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Character level will be 90. Or whatever the current cap is, so for MoP raids, 90.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Its gonna be 90, and i doubt there will be a level requirement so you can carry people if you can.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I don't think it's definitively stated to be 90. I hope not.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Well they are only planning on doing Flex for Siege of Org and beyond, maybe ToT if they have time.
Edited by Zerde on 6/10/2013 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's raiding it will be max level, so in this case 90. Other than that they said there will be no ilvl requirement. Which is good it gives people the chance to drag alone an undergeared guildie to gear up.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

GC has said it will only be for SoO originally, they might go back and put it into older raids. Keep in mind they said the same thing about LFR.

No ilvl requirement by Blizz, expect players to have one though. No queuing system which means you actually have to socialize with people on your realm. I am guessing restricted to 90s, 80s have done MSV and the like though so a way might be found to get around that.
Edited by Asayne on 6/10/2013 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Perhaps it will just be an additional setting we can choose, just as we currently might set the mode from normal to heroic as we enter a raid?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Perhaps it will just be an additional setting we can choose, just as we currently might set the mode from normal to heroic as we enter a raid?

This is most likely, yes. It changes difficulty/scaling somewhat depending on how many people are in the raid, so I would assume there will be no queue system for it and you have to organize your own groups. Whether or not current content will be cross-realm or not is unknown, though. It'd be very nice to be able to flex raid with friends on other servers in ToT or SoO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the good answers, and some reasonable speculation. I was hoping this might be something to help my main, my dozen alts between 79 and 89, and a core group of raiders from my guild to get some good raid gear, but it appears not until level cap, and not until SoO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I like this forum string, everyone so far is giving a lot of good information and positive feedback instead of bashing those that will now have the opportunity to be able to raid that don't meet the more advanced raiders dps/healing requirements. I have raided w/a lot of various grps, pugs and non pugs, there have been ppl in the group that worked just as hard to get the job done as everyone else, but because their output was below the demanded requirements they get kicked from the group. This, in my opinion, will fix that problem. This gives everyone the opportunity to raid that wants to raid but don't quite make the more advanced raider requirements.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
From my experience. they may be an ilvl requirment. i tried to join my guilds in progress( if you want to call trash up to the first boss progress) flex raid and it kept "queing" me but nothing ever happened. I changed to my main shaman and got in just fine.

It could be a few things wrong with what I was doing:
This toon was on a different server, but I thought it was cross realm.
It was shortly after the red server incident on the 12th.

I have a 496 ilvl on currently.

Hope this helps someone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]