Virtual realms

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

You guys think Veco & Ravenholdt will still be excluded from CRZ 2.0?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Gosh I hope so... No CRZ is one of my favorite reasons to play on VeCo
Reply Quote
As was mine, I still plan on coming back eventually. I'm curious as to what these "sets" of realms are, whether it's a select amount of low pop realms or if it's another crz data-center clusterf*ck again.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It looks like this is their way to address some of the low pop server issues. It will be interesting to see how exactly this plays out. I know it's not everyone's favorite but I like VeCo and I really am not interested in having us suddenly merged so that we're basically a high pop server.
Reply Quote
What if just ravenholdt and veco were brought together with no other realm? I don't think it would be a problem, but I'm still new here.

I'm sure some would be glad to have Ravenholdt here for the wpvp and rp (if they have any, i can't say i've never been there). But I'm sure more would be furious that they wasted their money to have their game experience foiled by the thing they tried to get away from, if I were still on Veco I would be in support of the two realms joining but that's not the case.

For all we know this could apply to multiple realms, making a cluster of different communities. I still expect this feature to be awful at launch due to bugs and lag like the MoP pre-patch. But if Veco and Ravenholt are still going to stick by the "only rp-pvp servers in the data center" like before then they wouldn't have to worry about that I'm sure, though I doubt Blizzard is going to keep turn a blind eye this time mainly because of the attention both realms have gotten.

Welcome to the realm btw, hope you found a nice place for yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I don't think this is really the same as CRZ. Call it by whatever name you want, Blizz, but these are basically server mergers. You can join guilds, arena teams, raids, etc. with each other.

That being said a lot of my opinion on it will depend on just how they implement it. If we are suddenly a high pop realm or merged with 3 or 4 other realms then I'll be pretty unhappy. If they take 2 very low pop realms and merge them to form a medium pop realm, I think it could be beneficial. There's too little official information for me to freak out just yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Since we are a RPPvP realm, and already CRZ-free, I doubt that we would become a virtual realm of any sort.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This sounds to me like a server merger without the hassle of some people being forced to rename their toons. Just put a # by it and call it good. Some realms are low pop but really have nothing special about them. They don't fill any niche in the WoW experience. Merge all them together Blizzard, but please leave realms like VeCo and Ravenholdt alone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Since we are a RPPvP realm, and already CRZ-free, I doubt that we would become a virtual realm of any sort.

I'm kind of hoping that's the case.

CRZ is determined by two factors. The first is server type and the second is time zone. The reason The Venture Co and Ravenholdt aren't CRZ'd is that they don't have any servers of the same criteria to match them to. The Venture Co is RPPvP and PST and Ravenholdt is RPPvP and EST. All of the other RPPvP servers are CST.

Most of the characters I play are on a high pop server but I rolled a fresh alt here about a month ago and I've absolutely loved it. I love leveling without anyone else in the world, being able to peacefully level through zones that I could never enter on a CRZ'd server, and I was looking forward to being able to being able to find rares on this server for achievements/battle pets/mounts/regular pets for my alt which is a hunter...because those are things I never stand a chance of getting on my high pop server.

My alt is only 61 though and with this announcement I'm feeling like I need to speed it to 90 and get everything I can done before 5.4 comes out just in case it does ruin this server's great community.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Not true. It's dependent on Data Centers. Venture Co and Ravenholdt are the only RP-PvP realms in their respective Data Centers.

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Cheers.

Ah, I see, you're correct.

I don't think there's any chance that Blizzard would put different server types together in a virtual realm, but since they are trying to solve the issue of low population, it leads me to wonder what they would do in the situation that the only other realm types in a data center don't match a low pop server.

I know some CRZ right now are much higher pop than some other server groups even though they do in fact have CRZ.

For instance, my main server, Bleeding Hollow, is CRZ'd with Illidan and Arthas...all three are very high pop. Then I know people with toons on lower pop servers who say even with CRZ they rarely see other people in the world.

It might be a question of how far will Blizzard go to try to "balance" the population on each virtual realm by mixing high and low pop realms.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
Overall, I do have doubts we'll get skipped over for a second time... I have hopes that they will, but realistically... They can't do this soft merge with pure PvP servers, because the RPers will be griefed to no end, and they can't but us on RP servers, because they are not PvP. The only viable option for them in terms of making sure we're in the proper server type, is doing a mass RP-PvP merger type of thing.

But it will be partially amusing if we're soft-merged with Emerald Dream, considering the ex-VeCo people tend to flock there.
Reply Quote
..add me to the list of curious about how this is going to go down. Can't speculate with so little information as to how it will impact us but will be VERY interested to see how it all shakes out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I would expect Veco and/or Ravenholdt to be migrated to another data server to fascilitate vrealm, although I assume it is still possible to remain a standalone realm.

I definitely do not see vrealm being applied to different server types.

It would be cool to have you merged with ED, but I would be surprised if any server is merged with ED unless they are thinking about spawning multiple instances of zones for a clustered vrealm group.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I would expect Veco and/or Ravenholdt to be migrated to another data server to fascilitate vrealm, although I assume it is still possible to remain a standalone realm.

It would be cool to have you merged with ED, but I would be surprised if any server is merged with ED unless they are thinking about spawning multiple instances of zones for a clustered vrealm group.

ED is a horibly broken realm, in my honest opinion. It would be awful to see VeCo merged with any server at all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Are these virtual realms going to replace CRZ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

ED is a horibly broken realm, in my honest opinion. It would be awful to see VeCo merged with any server at all.

Broken in what way?

Are these virtual realms going to replace CRZ?

I don't think so. CRZ was intended to make leveling zones more populated and alive. If they vrealm three low pop servers, their leveling zones would still be quiet, so CRZ with a dozen realms for leveling zones is still appropriate.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I also don't think it's entirely appropriate to compare this to CRZ. With CRZ yes you can interact with people from other realms, but ultimately it's basically as if they were NPC's. You can't raid with them or join arena teams with them or be guilded with them. All of the truly meaningful interactions are confined to your server. This is server mergers just with a fancier name, and I would imagine it's done in this way so that it can more easily be undone or switched around as needed.

I still think there's way too little information about this to decide how I feel. It will be interesting to see how they plan to go about this. I really doubt that we'd be merged with ED just because ED is already pretty high pop, and I don't see them forcing low pop realms to essentially be absorbed into higher pop realms. I think that there could be a lot of exciting advantages for our server if we were able to get merged with another similar low pop server so that we were at a medium population, but the problem with that is that we are RP-PvP and there are not that many servers that are RP-PvP. All in all I'm on the fence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]