Ret pally 4 set 5.4 Beta notes

90 Human Paladin
"Item - Paladin T16 Retribution 4P Bonus (New) Holy Power consumers have a 25% chance to make your next Divine Storm free."

A free divine storm....... I was hoping for something much much better, I mean how many fights do we actually use divine storm on raid bosses?
I raid 25 man (some heroics) so strats are different than 10's

Jin-no aoe
Horridon- Tunnel boss
Tortos - Tunnel boss
Council- tunnel sul
Maegara- no aoe
Ji-kun- Adds yes
Durumu-no aoe
Prim- Joke no aoe
Dark ani- no real aoe, tanking adds
Quon- no aoe
Twins- no aoe
Lei shen- adds yes

So 2 bosses, thanks Blizz really wanted that free aoe
Look at warriors..... or enhance, that's a great 4 set
Plus have to see if its worth it in single target rotation instead of a building holy power to use divine storm after verdict..... Gah
give me some thoughts rets!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Reminds me of t10
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Remember, you can't base the usefulness of the set bonus on current content; T16 may end up AoE heavy.

That said, it is still rather unappealing. I was pleased with it at first glance, but I've looked a little deeper and changed my mind. With HA and DP - especially DP - there seems to be the strong probability of wasting procs
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The only think this set bonus would do is that once in a blue moon where you have a little extra down time ((which heck there isn't much once you're 30%+ haste) even more now if you have the t16 gear.) Give you one more thing to press. Ultimately leaving no gaps in your rotation due to the high proc rate.

Current set bonuses are a hard thing to top.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is why Ret keeps getting worse and worse
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Overreactive, overreaching remarks hyperfocusing on one insignificant detail while ignoring the quality of buffs Ret's been given this patch.

Business as usual.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
06/12/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Jackishi

Overreactive, overreaching remarks hyperfocusing on one insignificant detail while ignoring the quality of buffs Ret's been given this patch.

Business as usual.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, it seems pretty underwhelming. Granted, I don't raid, so my opinion isn't the end-all-be-all, but it really could be better. Why not give us a chance to proc a free HoW instead? That'd be neat.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Reminds me of t10
the good ol' days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Depends how long the buff lasts. If we can use it to fill empty globals will probably be better than t15 4pc.

Also, the buffs we're getting next patch are incredible, so I can't even be mad if the 4pc sucks a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/12/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Iltareh
Depends how long the buff lasts. If we can use it to fill empty globals will probably be better than t15 4pc.

For single-target, it's strictly worse than the t15 4p, even ignoring the GCDs required to use it (that is, if we pretend you never have to delay another ability, nor overwrite a proc):
t15 4p affects ~50% of your TVs, increasing their damage by ~90%
t16 4p procs from 25% of your TVs, and gives a free DS (worth ~60% of a TV). Even if it can proc itself (and still somehow avoids delaying other abilities), you still end up averaging one free DS for every three TVs.

So you get fewer procs, and each proc is weaker. Of course, AoE situations change the numbers around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Actually, everyone is overreacting to these changes. Personally, the buffs we are getting, will be way OP and will probably not go live. Now, if they do make it to live, we will for SURE be seeing the nerf bat very soon. Hell, all of the paladin class is already talking about how awesome these changes are going to be, what do you think is going to happen when all of the other classes see first hand what we can do? We will be QQ'd to the bottom of the barrel again!

As far as the tier 16 set bonuses, yeah the 2-piece, not bad and right in line for a 2-piece bonus. But the 4-piece, give me a break already! The ONLY time we will even use that proc, is when ALL other spells are on CD. A 25% DS will not hit as hard as any of our abilities, so the only time we can use it is when it procs AND all other spells are on CD, which will be very rarely with our haste getting even better with better gear. That bonus will not make it to live without a revamp for sure. The question is, I wonder what the new 4-piece bonus will be? Some form of DS I am sure, since they are trying so hard to get DS back in our priority list. Geez...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Why do they keep trying to shove a divine storm tier bonus down our throats?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Because people keep asking for Divine Storm to be back in Ret's rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else think the 2set is kinda meh too?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
why not include TV..so you choose either a free TV or DS so it doesn't matter if fights are AoE or single target focused.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually, everyone is overreacting to these changes. Personally, the buffs we are getting, will be way OP and will probably not go live. Now, if they do make it to live, we will for SURE be seeing the nerf bat very soon. Hell, all of the paladin class is already talking about how awesome these changes are going to be, what do you think is going to happen when all of the other classes see first hand what we can do? We will be QQ'd to the bottom of the barrel again!

As far as the tier 16 set bonuses, yeah the 2-piece, not bad and right in line for a 2-piece bonus. But the 4-piece, give me a break already! The ONLY time we will even use that proc, is when ALL other spells are on CD. A 25% DS will not hit as hard as any of our abilities, so the only time we can use it is when it procs AND all other spells are on CD, which will be very rarely with our haste getting even better with better gear. That bonus will not make it to live without a revamp for sure. The question is, I wonder what the new 4-piece bonus will be? Some form of DS I am sure, since they are trying so hard to get DS back in our priority list. Geez...

The DS won't hit for 25%...it has a 25% chance to proc a free DS when we consume HP. At least that's how I read it.
Reply Quote

Because a very vocal portion of the ret playerbase screams, "HERP DERP I LIKES DA TIER 10!!!!!one"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine Storm in a single target rotation is fine... if done correctly.

Their options would be to:
* Increase the damage Divine Storm does to place it ahead of TV. Granted, it might still be behind HP generators.
* Make Divine Storm be free and grant Holy power as well. I like this option, because it could replace CS. Might feel a bit clunky, though.
* Make Divine Storm off the GCD when cast. Downside is people would just find a way to macro it.

Anyone else think the 2set is kinda meh too?

Yeah, its basically the same as our current 2pc set, except it affects White swings/CS/TV and its not limited to the targets it hits.
Edited by Ronark on 6/12/2013 5:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]