Are there others out there?

90 Pandaren Mage
I know it’s not just me who likes their mage and the lvl 90 talents.
I just want to see if there’s many other mages out there that love their mages and like the lvl 90 talents.
I didn’t say the 90 talents are awesome but I do like them. However, I’m sure Blizzards working on something even better but up in till now I’ve been cool with them.

I always read such negative things about the 90 talents so I do know there’s a lot of mages that don’t like them.
I just want to hear from the ones that do enjoy them.
Please DO NOT post here if you have anything negative to say. I’m really just looking for others like me.
You can just post a /thumbs up if you do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'd say Lhiv, you, and Hirohan are about the only three I've seen on the forums so far that genuinely like/enjoy them.

The rest of us are pretty firmly on the other side of the fence.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
OP,

Now I'm confused.

You see, anything posted on the forums is ALWAYS the MINORITY opinion.

All these countless anti level 90 talents threads we see posted, over and over, are all representative of a small minority of players on the forums. The truth is that the vast majority of mages, like 99%, LOVE LOVE LOVE the level 90 talents for no other fact than so few people post that they like them.

BUT NOW, you have left me so so confused.

If you are posting on the forums that you LIKE them, then that must be the minority opinion! You see, whatever is posted on the forums, the opposite opinion is actually the SILENT MAJORITY.

So, if you are now posting that you like them . . . I guess the SILENT MAJORITY actually dislikes them now.

That's how Forum logic works, right Hirohan?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Honestly after they changed evocation I kinda like that as a 90 talent. I really loved arcane in cata and using evo a lot, so this gives me a slight nostalgia to it.

The other 90 talents are annoying though, RoP is just... ugh ew, and IW is a PITA to use, especially in pvp when people are smart enough to not damage you when it's up.

If it wasn't for evo mage pve play would be way too boring to me - spam filler, hit buttons that light up,refresh bomb. With evo I at least have to think a little bit ahead about refreshing it and knowing when I can and can't put it up (do I have to move in 2 seconds? do I want to refresh early or have it fall off?).

I wouldn't say I love them though, wish we got something a lot more interesting, or at least had them be more different in the end (all 15% now, snore).

/shrug
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Why are you two calling me Hirohan still?

Also thats not how logic works at all Rentrenus, but you know that you are just trolling.

Xiun, do you have any idea why they are calling me Hirohan?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

yo dude being 100% serious with you right here.

IDK who the heck you are.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The talents would be ok in theory if they were implemented properly. Having mana regen tied to them was a horrible mistake as it affects arcane far too much.

Damage wise, RoP would be a nice idea if it was a higher damage boost. As it stands, it's barely better than invocation on a complete standstill fight. Add in any amount of movement whatsoever, and invocation wins. Since Patchwerk fights don't exist, there's no reason to ever use RoP (on a damage basis only, the mana regen obviously changes things for arcane).

The first thing they will need to do, if they plan to keep the same idea for level 90 talents in the expansion, is strip the mana regen off of them and give each spec a fixed amount of regen. After that, redesign the talents with only damage components in mind.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Hiroran the mage, been around the forums since about the start of Dragon soul.

Only asked because this is the 2nd thread that Grimsheeper has continuously called me that in and I figure maybe there is something obvious I am missing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Why are you two calling me Hirohan still?

Also thats not how logic works at all Rentrenus, but you know that you are just trolling.

Calls me Majeski. I guess 6/7 letters a'int bad?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Interesting lol.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
That's the problem is you read the forums. For me forum might as well be a chinese word for whiney B**** wall.

There's hardly EVER anything on these forums positive from people. I used to read them and I stopped, then I came back and remember within 30 seconds exactly why I stopped reading them.

There are MILLIONS of happy players out there but there's no need for us to come to the forums and complain so you just don't hear about it. Which is why it pisses me off when someone on the wall says US mages are pissed, or WE ALL hate this when they are actually the minority. Blizzard isn't stupid when they "Don't Listen" to someone as the player claims it's because they know there's more people happy with something the way it is than unhappy with someone like that one forum poster says.

I love my mage and I very rarely have a complaint and if I do I complain to a few guildies and deal with it and adjust. I hate that when aoeing trash my aoe is capped but a druid can do 700k aoe damage and triple my damage on a pull. But then I bomb the hell out of things on a tank n spank and beat him and it evens out.

I love my mage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Majeski

MAJESTIC MAJESKI, THE MAJESTIC TROLL

Sorry all i can think about is your troll in a pink tress twirling in a field of flowers.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I'd say Lhiv, you, and Hirohan are about the only three I've seen on the forums so far that genuinely like/enjoy them.

Who's the REST of you? How many of you are there. Where are they? Even if you find 500 on the forums that sign a petition saying they hate the mage there's probably 10 times that that aren't on the forums that LOVE the mage.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Damn Retrenus beat me to it. I didn't even see his post and I basically reiterated his point 10 times over lol. ><

But retrenus you just blew my mind. i would say everything on forums, the opposite is true. but he likes mage, so mages suck? /mind blown lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Rent, it's liberating to know that I am now a part of the vast majority per Hirohan's logic. Thank you OP for turning the tables on this issue!

Does that mean we are now free to persecute the 90 talent likers since we now represent the majority? I'd love a good Hirohan 'esque witch hunt/cleansing of these forums!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Who's the REST of you? How many of you are there. Where are they? Even if you find 500 on the forums that sign a petition saying they hate the mage there's probably 10 times that that aren't on the forums that LOVE the mage.

Ahhhhhh...that would be those that post on the forums, just as I said really: "...are about the only three I've seen on the FORUMS...". That would then imply that every other post on the forum is a rip on the 90 talents wouldn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Hirohan, I think I'm going to start calling you Spock from now on. Is that okay?

Point being, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with logic since Nemoy boarded the Enterprise. The tone of your forum posts indicate that you have a 2x4 wedged so far up your _ss that you are utterly incapable of humor or levity. You come across as a machine, or a Vulcan I suppose.

I enjoy calling you Hirohan to see you grasping to find some logical reason why I would do it. It cracks me up daily. :)

Cheers!

-The Vast Majority-
Edited by Grimsheeper on 6/13/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
You can call me whatever you like. I try to live my life by reason and logic and I am sorry you feel about way. If you ask most people that know me in game or out, you will find that i am probably one of the most laid back people you will find.

Also

I enjoy calling you Hirohan to see you grasping to find some logical reason why I would do it. It cracks me up daily. :)

this is by definition trolling, which is why I am not inherently against trolling. Trolling when done in a cheerful manner is awesome while trolling thats done to upset someone is awful.

Part of the reason you may see me as always being serious is because I am not a big fan of people who complain, which inherently means that the forums are probably not the best place for me since that is inherently what I will find in them.
Edited by Taluun on 6/13/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Yea pretty much this
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well Spock, let me just say that I live my life like there's no tomorrow, all I got I had to steal. Least I don't need to beg or borrow, and I'm living at a pace that kills.

Leaving the Devil out of this though...what you in your infinite and infallible logic fail to understand time and time again is that for some, complaining and b_tching about things is a form of catharsis.

You vent, you moan about it, and then you get over it, suck it up, and move on...much like most of us have done with our love/hate affair with our mages. Did we like it when they crushed CM and fire in general in 5.2? No, we complained, switched to Arcane, and moved on.

Did we like it when they crushed scorch weaving in 5.3? No, we hated it. We complained and moaned for awhile, but then we got over it, went frost for an entire tier, and moved on.

I know this probably destroys your neat little picture of robots...I mean humans...but hey, we all pay our $15 a month same as you, and if that means we want to come here and vent on occasion, so be it.

Your opinion is about as valuable as mine, but we are both entitled to it eh Spock?

Yours,

James T. Kirk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]