beating warlocks

My best friend is a warlock and I cant ever beat him, because even if I RoF his pet he still spell locks me. Same with fire, his pet can spell lock me even if it is dragons breathed.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Trust me friend, his pet is the least of your worries...

1v1, pound for pound, mages are Lock food right now. Given equal skill and gear, and in the current state of the game, you are not going to beat a lock as a mage alone.

Do you know how many times you have to kill a lock for it to really, truly die? We are like cats, but with demons!

Your best bet is to stall till support arrives or try to escape, but if you are cornered 1v1, welll.. then... I guess...
Locks can be really twisted, even the people who play them. A lock guildy of mine 'plays' with mages (usually 2v1 with ease, but he does 3v1s too regularly) like cats play with food, juggling control over both while obliterating them in turn, completely at his leisure.

My advice? Stay on that friend of yours' good side.
Edited by Zomgdps on 6/13/2013 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That was a really dumb thing to say.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Same with fire, his pet can spell lock me even if it is dragons breathed.
Locks have a talent that allows them to take on one of their pets abilities. Are you sure that wasn't what he was doing? Because cc'd pets can't use their abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
if they use there pet cc then sac it they have the cc again........beating a warlock is really easy just keep the pressure on him n always spell steal his absorb and the 2 things you got to make sure you do is dont try to silence him when he has his heal cuz it wont effect him n always ALWAYS save alter for his burst
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Abuse your mobility and win.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Locks are easy unless they are demo with 570k health and u get no pyro procs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Tough fight but I usually beat them despite them popping all their cooldowns, maybe they are just bad though. I had a lot of trouble trying to beat my arena partner (demo lock) in a duel. I usually deal twice as much damage as them while they heal themselves enough that I have to kill them twice over.

Counterspell on shadow spells, deep freeze burst, alter time, dispel curse are your friends.

Using alter time as a defensive ability (but with procs too) rather than during deep freeze may also help you survive long enough.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
when they do things. FLEE!

abuse your mobility, only go within range of them when you have blanket silence and deep freeze off cooldown.

Then if they do more things RUN AWAY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 6/14/2013 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
06/14/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
when they do things. FLEE!

It's not THAT bad.. lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It's not THAT bad.. lol

its not that its bad, its that if the warlock goes scary and starts popping cooldowns, its easier to just turn around and blazing speed away and pet nova him so hes stuck in an 8s nova.

thats going to burn at least 10-12seconds of his cooldowns without you taking more than a GCD of damage.

it also gives you time to wait for DF cooldown tick down, for dr's to fall off, counterspell to come back up, and frozen orb as well...

its the same thing with most mage VS caster duels. if the ele shaman pops ascendance run away. if the Spriest pops dark archangel, gtfo. its not safe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
/cast sheep
/cast invis
run away
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Go really big really fast really hard.

Block off haunt if affliction, it's a good chunk of healing.

When they pop defensives run away or juts cc them, same with their offensives, cc or just run.

Cs fears or chaos bolts. Ring/cc pet if possible but don't stress it too much.

Mage v lock really goes to the Mage, but it's not one sided enough for you to play recklessly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
easy way to beat lock have rouge freind gank him
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Spriest pops dark archangel

That's a glyph that does that now. So if you see that they already used Devouring Plague which means running won't help.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Go really big really fast really hard.

Block off haunt if affliction, it's a good chunk of healing.

When they pop defensives run away or juts cc them, same with their offensives, cc or just run.

Cs fears or chaos bolts. Ring/cc pet if possible but don't stress it too much.

Mage v lock really goes to the Mage, but it's not one sided enough for you to play recklessly.

haunt doesnt heal anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Spellsteal a warlock at all times, don't let them have that buff which makes their cast time reduced for the destro locks, and if they're demonology spec'd save the frozen orb for when the imps come out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
haunt doesnt heal anymore.

My bad then, ignore that part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]