5.4 Resto Druid

100 Night Elf Druid
•Wild Mushroom's Restoration version of the ability now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing. A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.

^^ Can we say YAY? About time!! I will use them *all* the time with a change like this.

•Soul of the Forest has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.
•Restoration: Now causes the Druid to gain 100% haste (up from 75%) on their next spell after casting Swiftmend.

^^ Another buff to SoTF? I *love* SoTF! It's all I run in my spec.

•Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Restoration Druids at level 30.

^^ I always have this talent, so I do like that spell. Now I can take something else

•Ysera's Gift, a new talent healing the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead. This talent fills the spot vacated by Nature's Swiftness.

^^ Not resto specific, however I can see this being useful on fights where survivability may of been an issue. Like for me - living on wind lord through a tranq was kind of hard, had to rely on other healers to keep me up.

•New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

^^ Sounds interesting. I would likely use it. It doesn't say it puts up the CD of SM(which I use on CD for my SoTF - usually on the melee group or on a tank)

So far - if most of this changes go live - I will love my Druid even more! *Hugs Druid*
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Warrior
I'm glad for the Resto mushroom change, but as a melee'er I hope the single mushroom isn't 3x the size of the current shrooms.

There is already enough 'stuff' in melee clogging up my view.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Snowballs chance...that all of these go live as anything remotely resembling this.

Ps, you forgot Genesis;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Last night I was browsing around and saw something about the mushrooms getting a 50% nerf to healing and maybe something else. Personally, I am ok with this as long as the 3 to 1 mushroom change goes live.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Genesis looks awesome.

Overall, I like the mushroom change, but I'm not a huge fan of how it sounds like it's based on player positions on PTR because it basically makes it another Swiftmend/Efflorescence (then again, it could just be a tooltip error. Haven't been on PTR). Ground targeting has its advantages.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Worried that Genesis is too much like Uplift - Rejuv-->Genesis will essentially be a better version of ReM-->Uplift because you can actually target your Rejuvs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Worried that Genesis is too much like Uplift - Rejuv-->Genesis will essentially be a better version of ReM-->Uplift because you can actually target your Rejuvs.

Not sure about that. Rem--> Uplift costs a monk significantly less mana than a rejuv--> Genesis.

Certainly sounds powerful for burst spread heals for a druid, but when you think about it, that comes at quite a cost, at least in comparison to uplift.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
06/12/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Tonydanza

Not sure about that. Rem--> Uplift costs a monk significantly less mana than a rejuv--> Genesis.

Certainly sounds powerful for burst spread heals for a druid, but when you think about it, that comes at quite a cost, at least in comparison to uplift.

We'll have to see. I looks like Genesis just blows what is remaining so by the time you have several up, the early ones won't have much left. Still, it should help burst AoE.

I am looking forward to see how our new atonement wrath will compare to the smiting discs.

Also, shrooms will grow much more slowly, which I guess they implemented as a counter to their much improved flexibility.
Edited by Merise on 6/12/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

We'll have to see. I looks like Genesis just blows what is remaining so by the time you have several up, the early ones won't have much left. Still, it should help burst AoE.

I am looking forward to see how our new atonement wrath will compare to the smiting discs.

Also, shrooms will grow much more slowly, which I guess they implemented as a counter to their much improved flexibility.

I think genesis looks to be like an Uber WG, once you go over 4-5 targets, you're going to have drastically reduced effect on the earlier targets.

The Wrath "atonement" is moot to me. Could care less. HotW 6% all stats and another 25% all healing done on use, lasting 45 seconds....That's more powerful than tree of life. Hands down.

As for shrooms growing slower...maybe...but then again, genesis could change that...Drastically when you consider T15 4pc grants 6%more healing per tick..
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/12/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
As for shrooms growing slower...maybe...but then again, genesis could change that...Drastically when you consider T15 4pc grants 6%more healing per tick..

I am not so sure Genesis would change that. I believe that Genesis will mainly be used to counter large burst damage (a la Spirit Shell), in that cases like that, there wouldn't be as much overheal. For example, I can see it being used for the small group explody thing Iron Qon does in phase 1. The process would be: place shroom, pre-cast Rejuves to charge shroom and prepare for explody. Explody #1, Genesis, Explody #2, pop the shroom, Explody #3, HoTs (Rejuve+Swiftmend+Wild Growth) as they won't be taking more damage in the near future.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I wouldn't really compare uplift to genesis. Uplift generates additional healing, genesis just alters how existing healing is delivered. There is also no way to spam genesis. You have to put up more rejuvs after you use it.

Still, it seems very nice. Basically a way to trade in efficiency for bust when you need it.

Also, I don't think the mushroom will grow more slowly. They probably just multiplied the healing it does by three, rather than triple the cap on stored healing. Isn't that how it worked this patch when they doubled the healing?
Edited by Asthas on 6/12/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Also, I don't think the mushroom will grow more slowly. They probably just multiplied the healing it does by three, rather than triple the cap on stored healing. Isn't that how it worked this patch when they doubled the healing?

Yes that is how it worked in 5.3. However if you read the note, you'll notice they now absorb less overhealing
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
What will be a Druids weakness at healing in 5.4? It really seems like they'll have it all. Mobility, high sustained healing (while spread or stacked), high burst healing (especially while stacked with Shrooms), but now with Genesis they will have powerful spread burst as well. Their tank healing is average at the very least, probably above average when you consider how powerful Ironbark is.

Just wondering what raiding Druids see in these notes. Do you think it's overboard at all? Is there a weakness I'm overlooking?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wouldn't really compare uplift to genesis. Uplift generates additional healing, genesis just alters how existing healing is delivered. There is also no way to spam genesis. You have to put up more rejuvs after you use it.

Its not just about how much healing you can do in a vaccuum. Its also about how much healing you can do at the right time and to the rigth target. It doesn't help much if ReM-->Uplift does a lot more healing if you can put Rejuv--->Genesis only on the targets that need the healing, while the Monk is crossing their fingers that the ReM and targets that need healing line up together at the right time for an Uplift. The strength of Genesis is that control is completely in the player's hands, while ReM-->Uplift is too random.
Edited by Ramayana on 6/12/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What will be a Druids weakness at healing in 5.4? It really seems like they'll have it all. Mobility, high sustained healing (while spread or stacked), high burst healing (especially while stacked with Shrooms), but now with Genesis they will have powerful spread burst as well. Their tank healing is average at the very least, probably above average when you consider how powerful Ironbark is.

Just wondering what raiding Druids see in these notes. Do you think it's overboard at all? Is there a weakness I'm overlooking?

Our tank healing has actually been buffed, if you get the T16 4p. Personally, I do think it is a bit much, especially as we never really had the stacked vs. spread discrepancy in our spell book that other classes have (rhymes with "Ramen"), merely a discrepancy in burst vs. HoT. If the output nerf to mushrooms is actually noticeable, then I don't think we will be too over the top.

Our biggest weakness was, is, and will be shields and absorbs. Even with the new toys, we are still a HoT-based class, and will still be prone to sniping. Genesis will be a strong counter to that, but the druid using it will have to be pretty good about anticipation and timing to make it at all effective.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
•Soul of the Forest has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.
•Restoration: Now causes the Druid to gain 100% haste (up from 75%) on their next spell after casting Swiftmend.

I'm just wondering where the call for SotF buffs are coming from. Not that I mind it ... I happen to very much enjoy the style of SotF healing over Incarnation healing. (So used to it that when I'm running Inc, I end up doing the SM->WG rotation out of habit.)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While absorbs will always be the enemy to my HPS.

I do feel Druids are in a better place since start of MoP, and looking to get into an even better place.

Do I think I can 2 heal all 12/12N? Yes. I think I can solo heal a few fights also.

Do I think I could heal any heroic fight? Yes. But my guild isn't doing that many.

I don't feel I would hold them down on any fight.

But that being said, our team is Hpally/Disc Priest/Resto Druid, and lately I am playing Boomkin on fights we only need 2 healers. We don't really need another Melee, and our Priest is Disc/Holy with no real haste gear to go Shadow. I used to hate to DPS, but lately I really enjoy it. ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Yes, this is very much overboard, we are in a decent place in 5.3 while other classes are in much more need of buffs. I doubt it, but if this goes live this will be absurdly OP.

We hardly have a weakness even in 5.3(Maybe more so in 25man, I only run 10).

Our mushrooms did get a ~40% nerf- Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony. This was a needed nerf in my eyes, Mushrooms in 10 man could be used as a raid CD on a 20-30sec CD and if you got lucky, they could heal up to 3.5mil instantly
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I'm waiting to see how things play out on the PTR (after all it is a petri dish). I doubt all of this is gonna go live.
Edited by Zyriva on 6/12/2013 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]