5.4 Resto Druid

22 Tauren Shaman
The wording is confusing right now on the new glyph, but to me I think whenever you use Swiftmend, Efflorescence appears where the Wild Mushroom is and not where the Swiftmend target is. It will still last only 7 seconds and not infinitely, but allows you to control where it appears by using Wild Mushroom.

This would allow Druids to use Swiftmend on single targets without feeling Efflorescence was wasted since you can reposition your Wild Mushroom/Efflorescence on the melee/stacked group.

I think this might be the best way for it to work. Efflorescence having 100% uptime would be unlikely. Having it tied to Bloom would be wasted overhealing and having it appear any time you cast Wild Mushroom is also unlikely since there is no CD.
Edited by Lavarinth on 6/16/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
The wording is confusing right now on the new glyph, but to me I think whenever you use Swiftmend, Efflorescence appears where the Wild Mushroom is and not where the Swiftmend target is. It will still last only 7 seconds and not infinitely, but allows you to control where it appears by using Wild Mushroom.

This would allow Druids to use Swiftmend on single targets without feeling Efflorescence was wasted since you can reposition your Wild Mushroom/Efflorescence on the melee/stacked group.

I think this might be the best way for it to work. Efflorescence having 100% uptime would be unlikely. Having it tied to Bloom would be wasted overhealing and having it appear any time you cast Wild Mushroom is also unlikely since there is no CD.

The wording makes it sound like it's permanent as long as you have a Wild Mushroom up, but I like your idea, it would be a lot more balanced.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I had assumed it worked as Lavarinth described.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
Also /cast [@mouseover] Wild Mushroom doesn't currently work.

That....

Is terrible.

WTB my reticle back.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What will be a Druids weakness at healing in 5.4? It really seems like they'll have it all. Mobility, high sustained healing (while spread or stacked), high burst healing (especially while stacked with Shrooms), but now with Genesis they will have powerful spread burst as well. Their tank healing is average at the very least, probably above average when you consider how powerful Ironbark is.

Just wondering what raiding Druids see in these notes. Do you think it's overboard at all? Is there a weakness I'm overlooking?

I'm already voluntarily sitting for every progression boss kill and am only going in for farm kills to soak up leather gear and tier pieces. I doubt these buffs in 5.4 are going to be what pushes disc priest, holy paladin, and shaman out of 10m progression dominance.

No real reason to bring a druid and in 25m druids don't scale up well so druids don't really fit anywhere. You are better off taking a different healer in just about any situation outside of maybe holy priest in 10m or to spruce up class representation.

Edit: If you like killing progression bosses as a druid you are best off playing dps than guardian or resto.
Edited by Stratas on 6/19/2013 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Human Mage
06/19/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Stratas
shaman out of 10m progression dominance.

LOL shaman out of 10 man dominance they are by far the poo of the healer's ATM
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/19/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Frostybliss
shaman out of 10m progression dominance.

LOL shaman out of 10 man dominance they are by far the poo of the healer's ATM

As a third healer to paladins and disc priests they serve as a mana battery with good cooldowns and decent utility. Their mastery and stack healing should not be underestimated. Shamans have their own difficulties but aren't "the poo of healers". I'll rarely ever actually be outhealed by a shaman but that doesn't mean I'm the better choice and I accept that. My raid team doesn't need me at all and I'm just to serve as back-up for progression and come in for farms kills.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thought I might throw this out there; Glyph of efflorescense has been rethought/removed, per GC twit

Worried it makes SM "useless"
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/19/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thought I might throw this out there; Glyph of efflorescense has been rethought/removed, per GC twit

Worried it makes SM "useless"

With a 20% boost from the glyph swiftmend is a pretty potent, on demand, heal (hardly useless).

They probably removed it for balance reasons and just thought that excuse sounded better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Where's this tweet?

He said "Our concern is that Swiftmend went from being a great ST heal to part of the AE healing kit. Maybe that wasn't the right call."

I'm not sure if he arguing for or against the glyph and separating swiftmend/efflo.

AFAIK the glyph just changes where efflo is dropped, SM would still sometimes be wasted for AE either way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The problem with the current LIVE version of Swiftmend is that we use it mainly for the AoE portion while the direct heal portion is more of an afterthought. Having to choose whether to use it for the direct heal or AoE portion is more of a hindrance than a "fun choice" especially when you consider that every other healer doesn't have an AoE ability directly tied to their instant, direct heal (save for Holy Priests with Chakra concerns).

Disconnecting Efflorescence from Swiftmend is the best thing I've seen them do this expansion. I'm not necessarily sure having 100% uptime on Efflorescence is balanced or not (the glyph is not on the PTR yet), but having it connected to another AoE ability or making it a spell all its own would be a welcome change to our toolkit.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
K so the new datamined changes seem to rid us of any issues from before. I'm actually pretty interested in my rejuves working my HT towards being more hasted/less cost --> instant.

This brings HT back into the game and gets rid of the stupid overuse of the regrowth glyph.

Shrooms are still different. In the end, I think I prefer the previous style... but... I can see some pretty unique use for the new ones. I'm honestly a little frustrated that the charge-up time has been so drastically reduced (even though I understand they're trying to force genesis into the charge-up).

It feels like you'll swap rejuve spam + genesis with blooms, since the use of one basically encourages the use of the other... so you kinda bounce back and forth.

I guess we'll see.
Edited by Gamex on 6/20/2013 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
With the current state of the PTR there is really no point to any other healer but Priests and Monks once they have their tier. Druid changes are barely a net positive, if that even, with the way mushrooms are now. Set bonuses are still trash.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
K so the new datamined changes seem to rid us of any issues from before. I'm actually pretty interested in my rejuves working my HT towards being more hasted/less cost --> instant.

This brings HT back into the game and gets rid of the stupid overuse of the regrowth glyph.

Shrooms are still different. In the end, I think I prefer the previous style... but... I can see some pretty unique use for the new ones. I'm honestly a little frustrated that the charge-up time has been so drastically reduced (even though I understand they're trying to force genesis into the charge-up).

It feels like you'll swap rejuve spam + genesis with blooms, since the use of one basically encourages the use of the other... so you kinda bounce back and forth.

I guess we'll see.

Seems like a lot of effort for group burst. Rejuv spam, move shroom, genesis, bloom. But maybe not. I guess keeping a shroom charged might not be such a big deal since we'll be putting one down at an arbitrary place as soon as one is bloomed and letting it charge until needed. Hopefully moving the shroom, say to a tank, and blooming will be easily macro'd.
Edited by Merise on 6/20/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The 4pc is still trash, I'll agree to that. But I don't have much opposition to our 2pc because it's just like giving us a shorter NS CD to pop HT. It still hits pretty hard and I know several occasions I had NS on CD when I needed to pop someone up immediately but couldn't. It might prove useful if you can sit on those stacks and not use them immediately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I guess they are set on making living seed part of the 4-set and yet will still probably leave living seed the way it is (only procing on direct hits)
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
It's irrelevant. If you haven't already replaced your Druid with a Mistweaver, you still have time!

I just can't get over how they've taken a spell that takes 3 GCDs to lay down, changed it to 1, and made it EVEN CLUNKIER THAN IT WAS. This deserves a special sort of congratulations.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
The 4pc is still trash, I'll agree to that. But I don't have much opposition to our 2pc because it's just like giving us a shorter NS CD to pop HT. It still hits pretty hard and I know several occasions I had NS on CD when I needed to pop someone up immediately but couldn't. It might prove useful if you can sit on those stacks and not use them immediately.

Agreed. I think the 2 piece is pretty nice and lets us actually use Healing Touch outside of Nature's Swiftness. But the 4 piece is pretty bland, Living Seed has always been lame.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I'll rarely ever actually be outhealed by a shaman but that doesn't mean I'm the better choice and I accept that

Good to see I am not the only one who tunnel visions recount. Most people assume that numbers are the only thing that matters.

Proper spell selection, utility, being able to handle assignments, not sniping your fellow healers, and good mana management is what makes one a good healer. Not being top on the charts.

Edit: In relevance to the thread, 2pc sounds decent, 4pc seems like it could assist with tank healing but it seems miniscule. I have not raided much on my resto druid this tier.
Edited by Dmassey on 6/20/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Good to see I am not the only one who tunnel visions recount. Most people assume that numbers are the only thing that matters.

Uhh that whole paragraph was pretty depressing, how is that good to see?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]