Launcher Stuck on "Initializing..."

100 Undead Warlock
I realize multiple people have posted about this issue, and I have read through them all. I even looked up the specific Blizzard Support article concerning the problem and have tried everything suggested. Nothing has worked. I'd love to not have to completely reinstall the game.

I was perfectly fine playing on June 10. It seems to have just started with the mini patch that was initiated on June 11. I've deleted the Blizzard Tools folder, all of my folder permissions are set up the way they should be (as admin, with Read & Write enabled), and I even tried repairing the disk permissions in Disk Utility (I am on a Mac, OSX 10.8.4, fully updated).

I tried deleting the launcher and opening WoW directly. I then get told I need to restart and install a patch. It proceeds to do nothing when I click to restart. Additionally, as a note, I tried even running the Blizzard Repair Tool through the launcher and THAT gets stuck. The progress bar is a tiny sliver and never moves.

This has been going on since last night and it's still happening. It would appear my only answer is to reinstall the game completely, but I figured I'd try at least once on here to see if anyone has any other answers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't try to reinstall it, because you'll get stuck at the same per-centage as you do right now. I did it and now I can't even download the game at all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I tried it and fortunately kept all my old files in anticipation of that happening. At this point I'm assuming this is something on Blizz's end and not mine, particularly if so many people are experiencing the same problem. If not, I sure hope we get some kind of answer soon that doesn't involve any of the options already given.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
It should also be noted that I tried installing the game on a second computer (both are Macs running OSX 10.8.4), which had recently been freshly reloaded from the recovery disk, so there were absolutely no WoW files on this second machine at all. I am having the same issue and the launcher is stuck at "Initializing..." after I go through the initial install window. At this point I cannot imagine that this is something on my end. If Blizz needs any log reports or anything from me, I am happy to provide them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The same exact thing happened to me on the same date that You said that it started happening for You.On June 11th my launcher stopped working, and I cannot download the current patch needed to play.It's getting really annoying.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
The same exact thing happened to me on the same date that You said that it started happening for You.On June 11th my launcher stopped working, and I cannot download the current patch needed to play.It's getting really annoying.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-find-your-setup-logs

Unzip the LogGoblin with the built in OS X unzipper (right click it and go open with -> archive utility)

Then double click it and after doing some working it should open the Terminal and run itself. Zip file should appear in your home folder (Go menu -> Home in the finder)

Then upload it to somewhere like dropcanvas.com and copy/paste the link here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am still getting the initializing problem ive tried everything suggested. I don't know what else to do. This is very very annoying please give some insight as to how I can play wow again
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
When you guys have the launcher open are you able to click on help and select repair tool? The Repair Tool will go ahead and download all the files that you need for the game!

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]