new patch notes up on mmo priest notes

90 Pandaren Priest
Priest (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Talents
Angelic Feather Place a feather at the target location. If allies walk through it, they gain 60% 80% increased movement speed for 6 sec. Only 3 feathers can be placed at one time. Accumulates an additional charge once every 10 sec. Priest - LvL 30 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant.
Divine Insight Discipline: When you cast Penance, there is a 40% 100% chance your next Power Word: Shield will both ignore and not cause the Weakened Soul effect. Holy: When you cast Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing, there is a 40% 100% chance your next Prayer of Mending will not trigger its cooldown, and will jump to each target instantly. Shadow: Periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and cause your next Mind Blast within 12 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana. Priest - LvL 75 Talent.
Twist of Fate After damaging or healing a target below 20% 35% health, you deal 15% increased damage and healing for 10 sec. Priest - LvL 75 Talent.

Shadow
Shadowform Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 25%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form. Priest - Shadow Spec. 2.6% of Base Mana. Instant.

Major Glyphs
Glyph of Purify Your Purify spell also heals your target for 3% 5% of maximum health when you successfully dispel a magical effect or disease. Major Glyph.
Glyph of Reflective Shield Causes 45% Causes 70% of the damage you absorb with Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat. Major Glyph.
Purify Your Purify spell also heals your target for 3% 5% of maximum health. Major Glyph. Instant.

Item - Priest T16 2P Bonus (New) Serendipity also increases the healing of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 50% per stack. While Archangel is active, your critical chance is increased by 10%.
Item - Priest T16 4P Bonus (New) Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next Holy Word spell by 50%, stacking up to 10 times. While Spirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3,500 mastery.
Item - Priest T16 Shadow 2P Bonus (New) Shadowy Recall effects have their critical damage bonus increased by 100%.
Item - Priest T16 Shadow 4P Bonus (New) Each Shadow Orb consumed for Devouring Plague increases the damage of your next Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death, or Mind Spike cast within 12 sec by 20%.

As usual the disc 4 set is useless again
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
looks like indirect buffs to holy as usual disc is being ignored or shafted depending on PoV
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

How is it useless? Do you know what useless means? It means OF NO USE, which implies that it does literally nothing.

Does the 4pc say "Does nothing." or does it say "Increases haste by 10% and mastery by 3500 during Spirit Shell"? How is being able to have 25% uptime of 10% haste and 3500 mastery useless?

2pc is pretty decent as well. I'm very happy with these, from a 10m perspective. I haven't seen any of the other classes set bonuses, but I don't feel "shafted" or "ignored". Quite hyperbolic and dramatic.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
those set bonuses are useless for holy
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Yay. 4 piece buffs holy word: meh and holy word: terrible!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
those set bonuses are useless for holy

They seem like the type of bonuses intentionally designed to alter playstyle a bit. They are huge, huge bonuses probably because they know that the spells they benefit are often not used so much normally.

Obviously it takes time to build up to this level, but I don't think holy would feel that bad putting down a sanctuary that does six times the healing it does now. But the numbers aren't the important part, really. The feedback should be more along the lines of whether or not the set bonus is interesting, assuming the numbers are tuned to make them useful.
Edited by Asthas on 6/11/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The buffed Divine Insight for Holy feels a bit nuts.

Also, the 2p and 4p are pretty nice for Disc. They're not very flashy and if used incorrectly (using it too early in a 10-man) all they really do is make you cap shields faster. That said it's still a roughly 30% throughput increase during Spirit Shell when you put it all together.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
2 set looks horrible, and 4 set looks amazing for holy

for disc 4 set turns spirit shell back into (press this button for more healing)
Edited by Suplift on 6/11/2013 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How is Holy not going to be insane with the way Divine Insight and the 4pc interact?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The Mastery bonus for Spirit Shell is silly as hell, considering that Mastery doesn't affect Spirit Shell at the moment.

The Divine Insight buff for Holy is ridiculous. AHAHAHAHAHAHA....AHAHAHAAH....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This might sound stupid as I wasn't a priest before the SS nerf, but I thought mastery doesn't affect SS anymore so why would a bonus mastery matter during SS?

Twist of fate looks great for disc priest
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I fail to see how it is useless.

Depending on the type of fights in 5.4 I can see us putting out ridiculous amount of absorbs which has proven to be infallible.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
The Mastery bonus for Spirit Shell is silly as hell, considering that Mastery doesn't affect Spirit Shell at the moment.

Mastery does affect Spirit Shell, just not nearly on the same magnitude it did in T14 (no absurd double dipping, etc). Spirit Shell calculates the average size of your heals, which Mastery increases.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Mastery doesn't affect spirit shell at all? Not even the healing part of mastery? Doesn't that make spirit shell absorb for less than the spells heal for?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

The Divine Insight buff for Holy is ridiculous. AHAHAHAHAHAHA....AHAHAHAAH....

I thought the healing side of Disc Mastery did work during Spirit Shell. Am I wrong?

Also, cementing my decision to hang on to Angelic Feather. There's a few fights where I might switch, but Feathers are so strong as a personal movement CD that I don't think I really care any more.

I might actually swap to the other 75 talents now. Those buffs are pretty substantial.

EDIT: And yeah, Holy basically got mini-Atonement with that Divine Insight buff. PoH-PoM, repeat ad nauseum or as mana allows.
Edited by Skootalloo on 6/11/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/11/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Qùess

Mastery does affect Spirit Shell, just not nearly on the same magnitude it did in T14 (no absurd double dipping, etc). Spirit Shell calculates the average size of your heals, which Mastery increases.

Okay, you have me there, and apparently it "sort of kind of" interacts when the spell calculates the size of the Divine Aegis for PoH factored in. But when you consider how much benefit you get from Mastery towards your heals, that's really a crappy bonus.

Mastery doesn't affect spirit shell at all? Not even the healing part of mastery? Doesn't that make spirit shell absorb for less than the spells heal for?

It affects the healing portion, yes. To give you an example, with 0 gear on I have 12.80% Mastery. That gives me 6% extra healing. Adding 3000 Mastery (via raid buff) only pushes that percentage up to 10%. So we're looking at a 4-5% increase to Spirit Shell with 3500 Mastery. It's rather crap, and I wouldn't be surprised if people used it to buff PW: Shield instead.
Edited by Tiriel on 6/11/2013 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
it also increases your haste by 10%.. assuming that's a flat 10% (additive, not multiplicative) so more casts of PoH to stack spirit shell.

pretty useful for someone like me who reforges entirely out of haste as much as humanly possible.

that being said, the divine insight changes to holy alone will probably mean that i was dead on in my assessment that only one priest at a time will be disc in a 25 man, and mostly for barrier. i'm ok with that though. I don't mind.
Edited by Tsilyi on 6/11/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Holy will either be stupidly op next patch or equal to monks

I can see holy priests being the best healers in the game next tier
Edited by Suplift on 6/11/2013 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm ok with that too... except I probably wont be playing it because of barrier!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/11/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Tsilyi
it also increases your haste by 10%.. assuming that's a flat 10% (additive, not multiplicative) so more casts of PoH to stack spirit shell.

That Haste could also lower the GCD if you had the right amount of Haste, allowing you to spam more bubbles. :-\

pretty useful for someone like me who reforges entirely out of haste as much as humanly possible.

Ruins your trinkets, tho. :(

that being said, the divine insight changes to holy alone will probably mean that i was dead on in my assessment that only one priest at a time will be disc in a 25 man, and mostly for barrier. i'm ok with that though. I don't mind.

I'm cool with being the most powerful thing ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]