Stromgarde Scenario 5.4

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
This is how I hope the Scenario goes, starts off with the Forsaken taking over most of Arathi. Then the Forsaken get too aggressive and start to attack Wetlands. The players enter here 1st aiding the Refuge Point survivors to hold the Thandol Span. As the Forsaken appear to be close to victory the military of the united Dwarven clans show up lead by Muradin, Falstad, and Moira and begin to push the Forsaken back into the Highlands forcing a retreat to Hammerfall.

The players are then sent on Wildhammer Gryphons over to a Stormwind Ship with Varian and Danath on one of them. The players then join the attack on Stromgarde starting by taking a Forsaken Faldir's cove. Then you fight Forsaken up the path until you reach the city, you then aid Danath fighing Galen while Varian and his men work to clear the city.

The group and Danath defeat Galen Trollbane and the Alliance reclaims Stromgarde. The Forsaken forces are cut in half with the Alliance controlling the whole central Arathi, some are pushed back to the wall and some defending Hammerfall.
Edited by Bradlas on 6/13/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Again, I reiterate.

It is a Forsaken Dream Brew Scenario. It will probably show what "Sylvanas has been up to", with plenty of Alliance test subjects.
90 Human Paladin
Again, I reiterate.

It is a Forsaken Dream Brew Scenario. It will probably show what "Sylvanas has been up to", with plenty of Alliance test subjects.

Yeah this is probably about right. Maybe next xpac will be our big fist pumping moment.
90 Undead Rogue
So you saw that happen, and then you were all like, "welp, no need to continue questing here in Silverpine, I bet we keep losing forever!"?

Not at all, after the Worgen and 7th Legion kick the Forsaken out of Gilneas the Forsaken were on the defensive in Silverpine.

The Forsaken don't actually need to sleep. Why would the time of day matter?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I also played through the Forsaken quests in Silverpine (it was the only way to see the resolution of the Worgen story). I distinctly remember Sylvannas using Crowley's daughter as a hostage to force a withdrawal of the Worgen troops. She was then shot in the head by Godfrey (she got better). Some feral worgen packs remained in Silverpine to harass the Forsaken independently of Alliance support, but the Forsaken were free to resume the march into Gilneas.

They did not "march" back into Gilneas, we battle for Gilneas ended and the battle for Silverpine began. Again the Forsaken were booted out of Gilneas thus leaving the player to to defend "Forsaken Land".

Can you clarify this? I remember the 7th Legion helping in Gilneas, but I don't recall them lecturing Forsaken soldiers about their life choices.

edit: unlife choices?

Sure,

BTW it was the Legion that attacked in the dead of night...my bad. The Worgen destroyed a number of other post that the Forsaken established inside of Gilneas to include Foward Command.

7th Legion... They rushed us in the dead of the night. Their captain barked orders as the submariners slaughtered my men. Then he came to me, put his face in mine, and said something I'll never forget:

"The name's Master Sergeant Pietro Zaren, officer in the 7th Legion. When you see your soldiers being slaughtered in your nightmares - if you even still dream - remember my name and tremble."

Avenge my soldiers! Kill the 7th Legion occupying the Cathedral Quarter of Gilneas City, southwest of here.

Though we were shamed in battle, the enemy was not victorious. I will not soon forget this, <name>.

If I make it back to Silverpine I will likely retire from the service. War is not in my blood.
90 Worgen Warlock
If I make it back to Silverpine I will likely retire from the service. War is not in my blood.

I don't remember that quest text. Probably because it doesn't really make sense (can't help you there).

They did not "march" back into Gilneas, we battle for Gilneas ended and the battle for Silverpine began. Again the Forsaken were booted out of Gilneas thus leaving the player to to defend "Forsaken Land".

The Silverpine quests happen chronologically after the end of the worgen starting zone. I personally got from these quests the feeling that the following happened: Forsaken invade Gilneas, Alliance arrives to help, civilians are evacuated, Alliance pushes Forsaken out of Gilneas, Forsaken forces in Silverpine push the fight back into Gilneas again (the BG).

At that point the fight is in limbo. There was never any further story development for it unless there is secret lore nuggets in the BG I don't know about.
90 Human Paladin
06/13/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
The Forsaken don't actually need to sleep. Why would the time of day matter?

06/13/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
Your guess is as good as mine.

Though the Forsaken don't need to sleep, they all used to be alive. So they know that the living need to sleep and probably just weren't prepared for an attack at night thinking that the living would be asleep.
Edited by Bradlas on 6/13/2013 1:09 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I want to believe.
90 Undead Rogue
06/13/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Aemon
I don't remember that quest text. Probably because it doesn't really make sense (can't help you there).

I don't need help.

You're the one that claimed The alliance has failed to repel the Forsaken invaders this entire time. . I simply pointed out that the Worgen and the 7th Legion not only "repelled" the Forsaken, but caused them to move to a defensive posture to protect Silverpine.

The Silverpine quests happen chronologically after the end of the worgen starting zone. I personally got from these quests the feeling that the following happened: Forsaken invade Gilneas, Alliance arrives to help, civilians are evacuated, Alliance pushes Forsaken out of Gilneas, Forsaken forces in Silverpine push the fight back into Gilneas again (the BG).

At that point the fight is in limbo. There was never any further story development for it unless there is secret lore nuggets in the BG I don't know about.

Personally I don't hold the BG "Battle for Gilneas" in high regards. The BG seemed to be in place simply for PVP purpose. I'm not saying to totally disregard it; I'm saying take the BG for what it's worth because we are left with more questions than answer. What is it Worth? - It's worth knowing that the at some point the Forsaken used elements of it's navy to attack Gilneas.....The End.
90 Worgen Warlock
What is it Worth? - It's worth knowing that the at some point the Forsaken used elements of it's navy to attack Gilneas.....The End.

I believe it's worth at least some confirmation that the ongoing fighting over Gilneas is on Gilnean soil not Silverpine.

The mechanics of BGs are typically nonsensical from a lore standpoint, but they tend to be there to represent something actually happening in lore. Warsong Gulch represented the battle over the Horde logging operations in Ashenvale. AV was a fight between the Forsaken and Dwarves to control strategic areas of Alterac. AB represents fighting to control the Arathi highlands and the resources there. Eye of the storm is fighting for strategic positions in Netherstorm near Tempest Keep (I think). etc.

Here is the description for the Gilneas BG (courtesy of Wowpedia): As the Greymane wall collapses, the inevitable conflict between the Forsaken and Worgen reaches a new climax. The Battle for Gilneas is a 10 vs 10 domination battleground, where each side attempts to control the Mine, Lighthouse, and Waterworks for as long as possible.

Sadly the description really doesn't tell us anything about just when the fight falls on the timeline. However the BGs I'm familiar with (vanilla era) didn't represent conflicts that were already shown in quests. The BG "stories" were set up as a follow on to a zone's quest lore.
Community Manager
Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Stromgarde scenario in patch 5.4, and what you’ve seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production. That’s not to say it’s a location we’ll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 5.4, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gasp.
90 Undead Rogue
Thanks for clearing that up Lore.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just to avoid any further confusion, there is no Stromgarde scenario in patch 5.4, and what you’ve seen datamined is little more than a developer experiment with a stand-in name.

This happens quite often; developers will put something quick together to test out some new tech or functionality, and the remnants occasionally slip through to the PTR files where dataminers can get ahold of them.

So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production. That’s not to say it’s a location we’ll never revisit, but should that happen, it will not be in 5.4, and the recently datamined files will not be part of it.

But, BLIZZARD PROMISED ME STORMGUARDE...in the datamined files of a beta version of patch that has nothing to do with it.
90 Orc Warrior
inb4 this somehow proves more horde bias
90 Night Elf Priest

This somehow proves Horde bias.
There. Done. Happy?
90 Troll Shaman
In no particular order: Thanks for clearing that up. Welcome to the Story Forums (unless you're just visiting, in which case welcome anyways). And dawww, adorable little flame kitty.
90 Tauren Druid
Thats a pity, but it's always been stated that datamined stuff isn't always accurate.

On a side note. Crithto has competition it seems.... cinder kitty > pug.

I thought everything was horde bias? If Varian became king of all of Azeroth it'd be horde bias somehow.
90 Pandaren Monk
and the excitement for 5.4 gets flushed down the drain

siiiiigh
1 Human Priest

Too late, the lack of Alliance anything is obviously proof of horde bias.
90 Dwarf Priest

That's unfortunate. I hope Stromgarde gets revisited eventually.

Edit: I'd like to see the Syndicate revisited also. Alterac hasn't changed and if anything their old home is in more danger now that the Forsaken have overtaken Hillsbrad.
Edited by Nysem on 6/13/2013 2:06 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]