[Druid] 5.4 PTR Resto Changes

90 Night Elf Druid
-Innervate is now Spirit-based.

-Wild Mushroom:Bloom is now limited to 1 mushroom. It was buffed to compensate. It now carries the healing charged if cast in a different location.

-Nature's Swiftness is now baseline for Resto. Talent has been replaced with Ysera's Gift. Ysera's Gift (New) Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. 30 yd range. Instant.

-Dream of Cenarius has been redesigned. Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done. (lol Atonement Priest)

-Heart of the Wild now increases all healing done for the duration.

-Soul of the Forest was buffed to 100% Haste.

-Genesis- New ability. Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Druid - Restoration Spec. 14.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

-Nature's Vigil has been buffed. Healing will now proc damage AND healing for 25% of the healing done.

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Ironbark increases your critical chance by 20% for 12 sec.

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth critical heals have a chance to cause all cast time heals for the next 12 sec to cause a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Biggest thing here is Genesis. It has no CD as of yet and has the potential to give us great control over our HoTs.

The set bonuses are lackluster. The 2-pc is boring and the 4-pc doesn't make much sense given how little we use our direct heals and how little Living Seed actually heals for. I'm expecting it to be scrapped.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It has a massive mana cost however.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
DoC is surprising and not what I personally would have done to make the talent worthwhile to resto; I would have just made the buff stack with charges.

Innervate isn't as surprising, as most healer regen mechanics are based on spirit now (paladins and druids being the two exceptions for their primary regen afaik.)

The WM:Bloom change is amazing. It makes mushrooms a hell of a lot easier to use. I'm not adverse to some effort to make them work, but it is saddening when you have a full charge on a stack point and some silly raider drops fire and it has to be moved on the fly.

NS being baseline makes sense as it was the only truely viable pick in that tier previously for PvE resto. Ysera's Gift looks interesting and will probably be my go to in that tier now.

HotW change is a bit odd. I always got the vibe it was to contribute DPS in light damage situations and not to suddenly be a healer CD.

The Soul of the Forest buff 2.0 is baffling. It is already the superior choice in CD heavy comps in 25, though I believe Incarn is the go to talent in 10? From the 25 perspective I rarely use Incarn now even though I like it as a talent much more than SotF.

NV is one of my two current choices for talents already, and this just buffs it nicely (the other being HotW for DPS intensive bosses). I'm assuming from the description that the healing you do during it heals an additional target in addition to the damage to the enemy?

Genesis will be nice to provide some burst healing in blanket situations, though I'm not sure how I feel about it right now with current information. It has great use for sudden burst, at the oppurtunity cost of losing the rejuvs for sustained damage, so it could be a potentially double edged sword depending on fight mechanics.

For the set bonuses, I agree in the 2P being bland and even "wut" inducing. I dislike having a throughput bonus being lumped into our external mitigation CD. The 4P actually works well with my role in my raid's healer comp; I tank heal quite a bit with RG and this might have nice synergy with some other ideas I have regarding itemization / glyphing in 5.4. Namely, Glyph of Healing Touch with an incarn build at the static 9th tick SM/WG breakpoint. Milage will definitely vary on the 4p though, at least compared to the previous 4P bonuses this xpac for us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It has a massive mana cost however.

8700 mana? I don't see that as massive.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
All these changes have me excited TBH. lots to take in, but some really interesting play-style dynamics, and in some cases, straight buffs/QoL enhancements. I will have to ponder it some more before expanding.

The only part that has me confused is the 2pc and 4pc bonuses. Guess they want us to tank heal really badly?

With LS only working off of melee hits, and considering ironbark will directly enhance the 4pc, the set bonuses would in fact make Druids even more powerful (I already think we are strong) tank healers but have an almost negligible effect on overall HPS.

While tank healing is fine, is just seems odd to have such a narrowly focused set of bonuses.

I have a feeling that additional changes to living seed are incoming, and it will proc off of all damage.
Edited by Fangthorn on 6/11/2013 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
I do not like the innvervate change at all, but I'm sure 25m Druids will (as they seem to be fond of stacking spirit really high).

Some of the other stuff looks interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I will be all over the PTR this go around it seems.

The set bonuses are terrible. The Balance ones seem terrible too. Redesign asap. Also, preemptively nerf the Warlock set bonuses, they are ridiculous. How much more can you hand one class on a silver platter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
-Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.

This was added to the official patch notes. This looks a little more reasonable; the amount of output WM:B is doing on live is more than enough and it would have been ridiculous to reduce the cost by 2 GCDs without adjusting the throughput down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

Omg
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The tier bonuses in seem to be basically worthless (especially when compared to some of the other healers bonuses), at least in 10 man which is my experience.

2pc- If you use it on cd it averages out to 4% crit, which is nice, yes, but at the cost of using IB carelessly. Perhaps make one of our spells have a small absorb component like the shamy or mistweaver 2pc?
4pc- I rarely use hard cast spells, usually no more than 25 during a long fight, which makes extra seeds useless.

Innervate sounds good to me. In order to receive 60k mana (as it currently does) 12k spirit is needed. Given that 11-12k is standard currently (even in 10 man) the next tier will easily see 60k+ mana return. Though doesn't say anything about short term spirit buffs?

Ysera's Gift given 600k health=30k/5sec=an average of 6khps which may be nice in relaxed sustained damage setting but I don't see it offering much as a resto, more of a guardian. Though I am looking forward to using it during farm content to see how much time I can just sit in bear form and do nothing.

DoC, feels a little out of place for a resto druid, though it will be nice if there are any fights where enemies take increased damage, it's not as powerful atonement it will still be nice to take advantage of that horridon type dps buffs. And make me less inclined to sit and do nothing simply to regen mana while I could be dpsing.

I'm quite looking forward to genesis though. It'll be nice to have a bit of aoe burst that isn't from tranq. That and I heal with a mw so seeing all my rejuvs sniped by uplift is far too common.

Apart from set bonuses all of these changes seem to open up some variability in talent choices to suite play styles a lot better. Looking forward to topping those meters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, I'm really disliking the tier bonuses. But I like what they're doing with swiftmend, mushroom, and efflorescence. It looks really nice and genesis seems to be the filler in for raid damage when you can't stack.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Could someone please describe the mushroom change in the plainest, easiest, caveman talk way? I'm having trouble understanding the one mushroom bloom thing, as well as, the glyph of efflorescence.

Also, with the set bonuses, would that make crit more desirable?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Could someone please describe the mushroom change in the plainest, easiest, caveman talk way? I'm having trouble understanding the one mushroom bloom thing, as well as, the glyph of efflorescence.

Also, with the set bonuses, would that make crit more desirable?

This may be wrong, but my interpretation basically is:
One mushroom will now do the healing that three previously did. However this one mushroom can no longer crit, and will take longer to gain full power from overhealing Rejus, but you can move the mushroom around and still keep the +healing.

Glyph of Effo basically means that Mushroom procs Efflo, which lets swiftmend go back to being a single target burst heal.

The set bonuses are too weird right now, as it stands I don't see any reason to go after Tier at all if it isn't changed.
Reply Quote
Ysera's Gift sounds interesting. I think the choices on that tier are a bit more balanced now.

Genesis could be interesting, in a way it reminds me of Spirit Shell. Pre-Rejuv everyone (with a Mushroom down!), big burst happens and smack your accelerate button.

Dream of Cenarius could be interesting since Wrath's cast time is between Regrowth and Healing Touch it's a bit of a filler. It would be good on damage modifier fights or during mana conservation phases.
----------------------
Wrath | 12.59% Base | 2s cast
46969 Healing (Including the 20% Increase)

Regrowth | 29.7% | 1.5s cast
48055 Healing (Inital + HoT)

Healing Touch | 28.89% | 2.5s cast
75930 Healing

Based off 30,000 Spell Power. Hopefully my math is right (but it very well may not be, cause tired!).
----------------------
The changes to HotW and NV seem interesting too, I wonder how they will play out together. It seems like T90, Genesis, and Tranq (as well as Incarnation if taken) will be giving Resto Druids a wider variety of raid healing tools.

It seems to me that the Wild Mushroom changes and Glyph of Efflorescence are aimed primarily towards stacked healing? Being able to move around WM fully charged will be pretty good and if I'm understanding correctly GoE will provide the Swiftmend AoE ground effect to Mushroom instead as long as it's active? That sounds like it would be great in stacked healing situations if true.
Reply Quote
Glyph of Effo basically means that Mushroom procs Efflo, which lets swiftmend go back to being a single target burst heal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but basically

Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 13966 (+ 129% of SpellPower).

In addition, restores (13966 ( + 129% of SpellPower) * 0.12) health to the three most injured allies within 10 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.

So the first part of SM tooltip will get a 20% buff and the second part will be around mushroom as long as it's active?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This may be wrong, but my interpretation basically is:
One mushroom will now do the healing that three previously did. However this one mushroom can no longer crit, and will take longer to gain full power from overhealing Rejus, but you can move the mushroom around and still keep the +healing.

Apollo, thank you very much for clearing that up for me :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 13966 (+ 129% of SpellPower).

In addition, restores (13966 ( + 129% of SpellPower) * 0.12) health to the three most injured allies within 10 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.

So the first part of SM tooltip will get a 20% buff and the second part will be around mushroom as long as it's active?

If this is in fact the case, mandatory Glyph will be mandatory. :D

Keep a shroom in the melee pile for Efflo and still be able to Swiftmend the hunter off in Timbuktu? Do want.

Edit: Gift of Ysera sounds more like a tanking talent than a resto one. However, this change does make Cenarion's Ward far more appealing on that tier.
Edited by Pipikaula on 6/12/2013 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone else say YUCK to the tier bonuses?

It's going to basically make you use Iron Bark on CD for no reason..

Living Seed = useless imo. Lot of times it doesn't get used. Back when we had to spec our tree - living seed got 1 talent point from me, that's it. I don't even use glyph of regrowth for living seed because like I said - unless I am tank healing, it's usually not used/useless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
  • Wild Mushroom's Restoration version of the ability now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing. A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.
  • I will not miss the ground targeting at all, but we will no longer able to position the mushroom ahead of time. I wonder how many players will move away as soon as they see something pop up under their feet.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
  • Wild Mushroom's Restoration version of the ability now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing. A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.
  • I will not miss the ground targeting at all, but we will no longer able to position the mushroom ahead of time. I wonder how many players will move away as soon as they see something pop up under their feet.

If you use the new glyph and they see a green healing circle under their feet - hopefully they'll know they are safe and fine where they are :)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]