Pallies get a Fear in 5.4?

1 Draenei Shaman
Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seems like it. Ghostcrawler said to take theses changes with a grain of salt, though. But I just want revenge on every warlock, priest, and warrior who pops their fear with reckless abandon.
Edited by Criceto on 6/11/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I'd say we needed at least one more cc to be competitive with all the other classes that outshine us in terms of cc.

I just hope this isn't one of those rushed changes that ends up being incredibly overpowered offensively. Blood Fear, I'm looking at you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
makes me wonder why anyone would take repentance, since a fear would be so much better
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
makes me wonder why anyone would take repentance, since a fear would be so much better

This is, indeed, something that needs to be looked at. Why take a 6 second mez on a 15 second colldown, when you can take a fear on a 15 second cooldown that doesn't break instantly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The difference between Rep and Turn Evil would come down to comp. If you're running with a Warlock or Priest, Turn Evil will be bad because it'll DR with other fears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Frankly the talents are almost identical. Repentance and Turn Evil have identical cooldowns, so it really just comes down to "do I want them running around randomly or standing still."

I don't really think this change is very "intuitive." Feels like talents with different names but the same effect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really dislike losing the snare for a fear I'll probably never use since I don't PvP and if I wanted CC I would use repentance as it's way better than a fear.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
The difference between Rep and Turn Evil would come down to comp. If you're running with a Warlock or Priest, Turn Evil will be bad because it'll DR with other fears.

Exactly, it's going to give us more viable comps regardless if its exactly the same as repentance or not..

I really dislike losing the snare for a fear I'll probably never use since I don't PvP and if I wanted CC I would use repentance as it's way better than a fear.

Burden was crap, sure in specific instances it had its uses but FoJ is far superior anyway (pvp) and we still have SoJ..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So paladin get a fear and DK don't ? totaly make sense lore wise.

No for real it jut sound weird to me that my paladinw ill be able to cast fear on other players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/11/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Criceto

This is, indeed, something that needs to be looked at. Why take a 6 second mez on a 15 second colldown, when you can take a fear on a 15 second cooldown that doesn't break instantly.

Fear feel OP when you get feared when you cast it it feel underpowered hehe. Team compo can make fear useless, also if your snared/rooted fear is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Warrior

No for real it jut sound weird to me that my paladinw ill be able to cast fear on other players.

you think it's weird because you're calling it Fear, when it's not. It's like you're saying "Why would Mages get Shadow Bolt? that makes no sense" and we have to reply "Um... that's fireball dude"

if it makes you feel better, call it "running around tossing flowers and kissing bunny rabbits" - i'm sure your DK wouldn't be doing that.
Edited by Pawnstarr on 6/12/2013 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Regardless of the usefulness of the talent I really like the name.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We will be able to CHOOSE a fear. Even if get to be 15 secs CD instant, it will consume a Talent and a Glyph - think how Monks have a Instant Incapacitate 15secs CD as BASELINE, not to mention they're giving Locks a 30 secs AREA Fear BASELINE too. Not to mention it'll DR a lot. Not to mention it'll be clarified/reworked for SURE since there is no point of Repentance if it launches as it is.

About class synergy, Fear will always be better since Repentance will be broken from DoTs from Locks/Priests.

This is a much needed buff to get Rets to CC to get a kill/peel/cap a base on RBGs. Everyone got some but Rets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

But a DK having a combat rez while a paladin does not makes plenty of sense too...

Problem is you are trying to apply logic to a video game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sucks losing the EZ snare of Burden of Guilt, but giving us a fear is awesome. Should make healers a little bit easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sucks losing the EZ snare of Burden of Guilt, but giving us a fear is awesome. Should make healers a little bit easier.

It really won't do anything to help that, it will help lock out one while killing the dps though.

Honestly the snare will be missed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'd take repentance if I'm teamed with a priest or a lock so I don't share DR with them. Also, fear makes distance between my target, repentance stucks it which can be useful as a ret. It all depends on what you want to do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Although I actually liked the snare I agree it was not optimal in most cases.

I do not agree with this "fear". We need less CC in the game.

Idk how to go about changing that tier of talents but I do not like it, maybe I'm just old fashion and pref cc to take skill not just mindlessly spamming cc on one target like mop has turned into.(like making sure there are not dots on ur target and off DR)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm not particularly a fan of the fear addition because I believe it's an unnecessary additional CC in a meta game with already too much CC. There's too much homogenization between the Repentance Talent and the new BoG mechanic. Who's going to take Repentance now? It's essentially a dead talent nobody would ever chose, even players who play with Warlocks and Priests are still going to opt for fear because it's instant and doesn't break on damage, the DR won't even matter.

It's silly.

They need to make Paladin talents difficult choices, right now the choices are obvious with FoJ being the best overall choice in most situations, it's almost a no brainier.

I would've liked to have seen the removal of BoG and introduced a Talent which caused the Paladin to teleport to their target upon Judgement and perhaps slightly increasing the cooldown.

I thought the idea of the new talent system was to allow players to have dynamic and be less cookiecutterish? I've felt this whole expansion, most of the talents are completely circumstantial with a few must haves, where's the dynamic in that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]