Pallies get a Fear in 5.4?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
its really weird atm, i dont think wow needs more CC, it needs less,

Anyway, placing 2 ccs in the same talent lvl seems weird and out of place. Diferent DRs is not a valid excuse for choices around repetance and turn evil.

if turn evil is here to stay, repetance will need to be reworked. And maybe they will implement BoG effect into seal of justice to make it desirable in pvp (cause everyone uses truth).

Well, too early to guess anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Burden was crap, sure in specific instances it had its uses but FoJ is far superior anyway (pvp) and we still have SoJ..
A snare is a snare. If one is crap, then all are crap. Since that argument, and the suggestion that anyone run SoJ, doesn't approach the level of a joke, you have made no point worth hearing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Burden was crap, sure in specific instances it had its uses but FoJ is far superior anyway (pvp) and we still have SoJ..

Burden is not crap, I use it and like it over FoJ,

The LAST thing this game needs is another fear
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
06/12/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Akitus

Burden is not crap, I use it and like it over FoJ,

The LAST thing this game needs is another fear

True dat, but at least a fear is something, and we still have our speed increase on judgements.

Akitus, did they tell you about our 5v5 plan?

puxpux, ironboxy, ritalynn, akitus, pyr, hunter or other good 5th.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So paladin get a fear and DK don't ? totaly make sense lore wise.

No for real it jut sound weird to me that my paladinw ill be able to cast fear on other players.

Paladins are associated with good and law. What do the "bad guys" do when the law comes knocking? They run. A fear works just fine for Paladins.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
While I can agree that fear would be just another issue with more CC in this game, I'm going to abuse using it just for all the !@#$ I dealt with from Locks, Priest and Warriors. Now I get to do the same to them.

However most will feel that this makes Repentance obsolete. Rightfully so. They should just make Repentance baseline again at a minute CD and make Blinding Light a knockdown like if it was glyphed. Or maybe that would be too OP.
Edited by Buhbuhdin on 6/13/2013 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So in return we lose the snare? NO!!

:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do not agree with this "fear". We need less CC in the game.

I agree 100%. Stop trying to give every class the same spells!!! There is less and less in this game that makes classes unique as they continue to give everyone multiple CC, interrupts, shields, self-heals........

Come on BLIZZARD, build on classes, don't make us all the same!
Reply Quote
I agree 100%. Stop trying to give every class the same spells!!! There is less and less in this game that makes classes unique as they continue to give everyone multiple CC, interrupts, shields, self-heals........

Come on BLIZZARD, build on classes, don't make us all the same!

Or make a new kind of cc maybe. Turn evil could easily be something else....just not a fear or stun, or even disorient.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
So, Paladins get a gap-closer replaced with a gap-maker? My enemy running away from me totally helps me kill them >>;
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/12/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Shiftysauce

This is, indeed, something that needs to be looked at. Why take a 6 second mez on a 15 second colldown, when you can take a fear on a 15 second cooldown that doesn't break instantly.

I"m sure there will be more changes but as a main ret pally i am excited for this.

Why on earth would a ret pally take a casted spell over an instant stun on a 30 second cd?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
They should have made it like a banish kind of CC. Where the target like the Burden of Guilt description is filled with doubt and remorse, and then do a contemplation kind of visual like they question their actions. They can't take damage or give any damage for 5 seconds.

Kinda like a cyclone but with a different visual.
Edited by Buhbuhdin on 6/15/2013 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sooo, is it just me or anyone one else just planning on using this on purely locks/priests/warriors?

Payback... what a glorious thing :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The design decisions since Cata and especially MoP are questionable to say the least.

Example
Devs give Warlocks healing abilities equivalent or better than hybrids.

-> Warlocks can heal better & easier than most hybrid classes.

Dev solution - not to fix that problem (which makes little sense in both lore & gameplay) but to give Paladins Crowd Control equivalent or better than Warlocks.

-> Paladins can CC better & easier than pure classes.

*genius*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No for real it jut sound weird to me that my paladinw ill be able to cast fear on other players.

People can be evil. The spell is called turn evil after all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent.

Yes we do, now bow down.

You don't know much wow lore do you?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Humanoid's, Beasts, Undead, Demons, and Abominations?

Eh... Might work out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
But I just want revenge on every warlock, priest, and warrior who pops their fear with reckless abandon.

...and they will hand it right back to you double since you will not have a usable (instant) Turn Evil to counter the Psyfiend, Shivarrah, and other pets
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]