PLEASE, oh PLEASE, let this be the patch!!!!!

90 Draenei Mage
Let this be the patch we finally see the level 90 mage talents replaced!!!!

I see the talents being changed for other classes . . . excited to see the plans for mages!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Most likely not going to happen till next Xpac, but I share your enthusiasm and hope.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Most likely not going to happen till next Xpac, but I share your enthusiasm and hope.

That's what they said about Kil'Jaeden's Cunning too, but that's gutted.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

I see the talents being changed for other classes . . . excited to see the plans for mages!

I'd ask if you were new here if I didn't know better. They've already pretty much said that the changes we need aren't likely to happen before the next expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
That's what they said about Kil'Jaeden's Cunning too, but that's gutted.

But these are entirely different things. We're talking about turning passives into Spiritwalker's Grace compared to redesigning an entire tier of talents to be focused on a single theme without royally shafting mage DPS. As much as people are hopeful for this kind of change, it's an incredibly low priority right now given the ramifications of screwing it up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

I'd ask if you were new here if I didn't know better. They've already pretty much said that the changes we need aren't likely to happen before the next expansion.

and . . . . . . ????????????????????

Seriously? What are you trying to accomplish with this response?

You are telling me to just shut up and say nothing ever?

I see them making changes to various talents, and it makes me wonder what (if anything) they could have planned for the mages talents? There's a lot of possibility between nothing and overhaul. I'm excited because I expect something to be changed, even if not an overhaul.

But I am hoping/praying that they will be changed, despite what they have said, I WANT CHANGE!!!

Surprise me Bliz! Surprise me!

But these are entirely different things. We're talking about turning passives into Spiritwalker's Grace compared to redesigning an entire tier of talents to be focused on a single theme without royally shafting mage DPS. As much as people are hopeful for this kind of change, it's an incredibly low priority right now given the ramifications of screwing it up.

I will never prefer the status quo I don't enjoy and currently experience over the possible improvements that could be made.
Edited by Rentrenus on 6/12/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
Someone blue (GC? The new PvP guy?) did tweet back in 5.3 PTR that they weren't doing any major talent passes in 5.3 specifically, apparently leaving open the door for a more significant look at talents in 5.4. And while the fact that there are are virtually no Mage notes for 5.4 could indicate that they don't plan to do anything, it could also indicate that they plan to do some bigger things they aren't prepared to reveal yet.

If I were a betting man, I...wouldn't bet either way on this. But I wouldn't say Rentrenus is wrong to be hopeful...I just would keep a pint of chocolate ice cream on hand in case those hopes are dashed.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Mage
I am hopping a change to the level 90 invocation talent. It just doesn't work well some time. Make it an hour long buff with a 80% mana regen and keep the spell increase.
Edited by Melvant on 6/12/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
If I were a betting man, I...wouldn't bet either way on this. But I wouldn't say Rentrenus is wrong to be hopeful...I just would keep a pint of chocolate ice cream on hand in case those hopes are dashed.

Hagen-Daz Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream to be exact >.>
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
Oh, ew. Peanut butter is not a dessert.

Peanut butter is not even a food.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Oh, ew. Peanut butter is not a dessert.

Peanut butter is not even a food.

Clearly not a fan of reese's.

Ain't no dessert combo more delicious to me than Chocolate + peanut butter . . . except maybe strawberry cheesecake. Hagen-daz makes an ice cream version of that too!

Maybe I'll buy that container too, for when they nerf CM . . . you know it's coming -_-
Edited by Rentrenus on 6/12/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
OK, you got me on the peanut butter cups. I don't know why it works, but it does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
hey lhivera wheres my frost mage info!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Seriously? What are you trying to accomplish with this response?

They know they're broken. We've had 379 threads, give or take, regarding the level 90 talents. They'll get fixed when they get fixed regardless of how many new threads people make.
Reply Quote

^^Probably this.

Here's the thing. A lot of mages simply just don't like the 90 talents, but ultimately they work and they're balanced. Some classes, namely hunters, are getting talent changes, but those classes are flat out broken (at least in arena). Major changes need to be done to spec like BM in order to balance it.

I would love to see our 90 talents removed/changed. But since we're a pretty balanced class overall, I don't think it's going to happen.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
At least for fire I'm ok with hitting Invo once every 60 seconds. It might be uninspired, but I'm fine with the playstyle as a whole though. I feel for Arcane though. Rune of Power is no bueno. If they were to make one or two changes I would say take the mana aspect out of the talents and drop Rune of Power at your feet. But yeah this is probably like 80th level 90 talent thread I posted in so I'll keep it short lol.
Edited by Digerati on 6/12/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
We've had 379 threads, give or take, regarding the level 90 talents

More than needed, less than I want.

Always less than I want . . .

After all, anything posted on the forums is the minority opinion, the vast majority of mages actually LOVE these talents. So I like to support the vocal minority who actually despises and hates these talents.

I even fear that if we were to go quiet about them, bliz would say "we haven't had too much criticism about the level 90 mage talents lately, so we think they are actually fine!"

06/12/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Digerati
At least for fire I'm ok with hitting Invo once every 60 seconds. It might be uninspired, but I'm fine with the playstyle as a whole though.

You've basically come to tolerate and accept the status quo.

I think a lot of mages are starting to have stockhom syndrome.

They can be better and we should get behind getting them improved/replaced.
Edited by Rentrenus on 6/12/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I recall some post or twitter from GC a few months ago where they mentioned that they didn't like the 90 talents, but changing them was probably not something that would be done until the next expansion.
Reply Quote
Since everyone is using invocation anyways.

Invocation
Requires Mage
Requires level 90
Removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channel period and duration by 50%.

Passive: You to deal 15% increased spell damage, but passively regenerate X% less Mana.

Just set the mana regeneration % at a level that requires a certain amount of attention to make sure you dont run out of mana at a bad time.

Fixed.
And now I don't have to spam Evocate before every boss to make sure I have maximum up-time when the tank actually pulls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]