PLEASE, oh PLEASE, let this be the patch!!!!!

90 Human Mage
They are going to give us KJC so we can snub our nose at Warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
They are going to give us KJC so we can snub our nose at Warlocks.

Too bad KFC is getting nerfed into the ground too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I recall some post or twitter from GC a few months ago where they mentioned that they didn't like the 90 talents, but changing them was probably not something that would be done until the next expansion.

A boy can dream!

*sniff* *sniff*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
06/12/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Digerati
At least for fire I'm ok with hitting Invo once every 60 seconds. It might be uninspired, but I'm fine with the playstyle as a whole though.

Let's not forget that this talent isn't even working some of the time now!

I saw that tweet from GC saying it was fixed!

Ha! It ain't fixed . . .
Reply Quote
I think the only necessary change would be changing rune to make a little bit of movement possible. I think if they changed it so when u leave the rune maybe the damage buff stays on for like 5 seconds but u lose the mana regen or something like that. Or maybe all of it stays for a little bit when u leave it. That would fix it for me cause its not hard to keep up. Biggest change i'd like to see though is armor buff not dropping off when u change talents/glyphs.
Edited by Bìllbrasky on 6/12/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
At this point I don't know any mage who is satisfied with the 90 talents. If they don't change them I'll be surprised.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Just based on the fact that you said you dont know any mage who is satisfied with them, I like the 90 talents myself. There is another mage on my server who raids with my shaman on one of his alts that also enjoys the talents.
Reply Quote
LOL I'd like to point out the irony of breaktheice's statement considering what I said directly before that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Just based on the fact that you said you dont know any mage who is satisfied with them, I like the 90 talents myself. There is another mage on my server who raids with my shaman on one of his alts that also enjoys the talents.

Yes, yes, we're very aware you like them.

We just have trouble adding more than just you and lhivera to the list, perhaps though we'll add you friend and the other guy from the thread.

hooray! 4 mages like them!

The other 96% . . .
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
OK, you got me on the peanut butter cups. I don't know why it works, but it does.

...Because it's surrounded by chocolate. Chocolate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuzMDkhYek
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
The other 96% . . .

....Does your percentage imply that there are only 100 mages?
Reply Quote
I just like how GC said:

However, that doesn’t mean we want Warlock DPS to plummet every time there’s a fire on the ground.

Boy, I wonder what he has to say about Rune of Power....

These 90 talents are some of the worse designed stuff so far in the history of this game. Such cow s***. But it's been reiterated that they have no plans to do anything with them, so just live with it and hopefully next expansion will have something for us, that is, if we're still around.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
06/13/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Inazus
The other 96% . . .

We are the few, the proud, the mages.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'm going to add in my two sense -- I hate the level 90 mage talents.

Using invocate always seems like asking the boss to do something to you. Invocate on Jin -- get lightning ball. Invocate on Horridon? Get targetted for charge or get a lightning totem stuck on top of you. Invocate on Council? Sand trap or Kaz rolls over your face. Invocate on Tortos? Actually, don't get me started on Tortos . . . . use invocation, and it seems like every single turtle there goes flying straight at your face.

Shield is useless in pve -- you have to time damage and hope you get enough damage to fully break the shield and that you have enough uptime. And rune, you have to stand in place for.

Anyhow, you get the idea. The talents aren't fun at all; they feel like a punishment when you have to move for a bit, and then you realized you forgot them for X number of seconds. I'd really just prefer to have the 15% damage baked into the class, if that's the case.

If you want my idea of fun, look at frost orb. I may play fire, but that thing is fabulous. It hits everyone around for aoe, but it does great at single-target and procs fingers of frost. Give me a fiery orb. It would be nice to help fix my sad Aoe and free procs are never a bad thing. And it's shiny! I can see it! I don't have to worry about it being up all the time. And if I happen to time it well, I can feel really good about it. Or I can use it on cooldown and still admire the shinyness.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/14/2013 04:32 AMPosted by Taluun

Why do you post on your shaman now? Just a question
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
At this point I don't know any mage who is satisfied with the 90 talents. If they don't change them I'll be surprised.

I'm satisfied that they aren't the original polymorph talents they revealed in the beta.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

Typically its whoever who i was on using the armory app last. I also like the deeper blue text of my shaman. Also even though I raid on my shaman and mage and both groups have the same progression the group i am in on my shaman i see as my main group still. Its the group that I have been in since firelands. Also different pc's I use will log me onto different people. I have 2 different work pc's and a desktop at home and a laptop all which I will log onto the forums from.

Edit: I also enjoy my shaman a bit more atm. Really liking all the procs he gets between mastery, echo, and the 4 pc.
Edited by Taluun on 6/14/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Typically its whoever who i was on using the armory app last. I also like the deeper blue text of my shaman. Also even though I raid on my shaman and mage and both groups have the same progression the group i am in on my shaman i see as my main group still. Its the group that I have been in since firelands. Also different pc's I use will log me onto different people. I have 2 different work pc's and a desktop at home and a laptop all which I will log onto the forums from.

Edit: I also enjoy my shaman a bit more atm. Really liking all the procs he gets between mastery, echo, and the 4 pc.

Who here is surprised that Spock logs onto the forums with four different computers?

Putting aside the bat sh*t crazy insanity of how color theme dictates that you post on the Mage forums as a Shaman (I still can't wrap my head around that honestly, and I feel that if I do ever understand that I'll have passed a dangerous threshold with no road back), I have a question for you, my dear Vulcan friend:

How do you decide which computer to use if location isn't an issue? Do you complete a spread sheet/flow chart calculation and analysis with myriad dizzying equations built in which weigh options such as which unit takes the fewest keystrokes or loading time and thus is logically the superior choice?

Does this type of logic analysis dictate which sock you put on first in the morning, or which side of the shower curtain you pull back upon completion of your washing ritual?

I'm really just trying to understand you better my pointy eared friend, so I'm curious.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I dont post on the mage forums as a shaman, i post on every forum as myself.

the computer just depends on which I was using at the time. Obviously i can't bring my desktop every where and I dont use my laptop at work. When at work the two pc's are at two separate locations, so there is no thought process behind what pc to use.

Socks I put on whichever I put on first as I can see no benefit to which I put on first , so no point in evening thinking about it. I dont have a shower curtain, I have a door so no thought process required.

If there is any other random question you would like answered go ahead.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Someone blue (GC? The new PvP guy?) did tweet back in 5.3 PTR that they weren't doing any major talent passes in 5.3 specifically, apparently leaving open the door for a more significant look at talents in 5.4. And while the fact that there are are virtually no Mage notes for 5.4 could indicate that they don't plan to do anything, it could also indicate that they plan to do some bigger things they aren't prepared to reveal yet.

If I were a betting man, I...wouldn't bet either way on this. But I wouldn't say Rentrenus is wrong to be hopeful...I just would keep a pint of chocolate ice cream on hand in case those hopes are dashed.
Ben and Jerry's...you'll never nerf me. *sniffle*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]