15% less damage taken (spriest, lock,boom)...

85 Goblin Warlock
Is blizzards version of a rogue buff

although it affects boomkin more than the other two, (unfairly imo) its a damage buff to rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
i'm trying to figure out whether this is a PvP or PvE focused nerf

because either way you try to argue it its extremely stupid

PvE: stress healers more, make soloing/questing on these specs even more painful
PvP: melee just mow you down even faster
Edited by Crossbless on 6/13/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I really want to see some official explination of why, and more importantly how these classes are going to be compensated, not to be overly biased or anything...but esp. in the case of moonkin, who were not renowned for their durability to start with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This change makes some sort of sense for warlocks, at least. It sucks to lose the passive mitigation, but I'd rather lose that than watch our active mitigation get shot full of holes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
They basically said that we lost it for PvE reasons because during encounters spriest/boomkin/locks took less damage than everyone else (ignoring hunter talent) and that was imba.

While they complain about this I have NEVER been turned down a dps spot in a raid based on my passive mitigation when playing on say my shaman (before SR/LS glyph). Warlocks were pretty tanky yes, I can agree and can swallow the pill about wanting to nerf our survivability (though I hope it wasn't inspired by demo's tankiness as opposed to the entire class).

What I DO NOT like about their idea of compensation for PvP is more CC. This game needs less CC, and less burst. The solution to getting bursted down faster now is not to just add more CC.

Moonkins are getting hit hard with the loss of NS and the mitigation loss, though now that they can spec into perma healing stream form it may help in sustained events a good bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's a change for healers. Bubbles have been too strong all expansion. By making raiders take more damage from smaller, more periodic effects the throughput healers like Holy Priests, Resto Shamans, and Resto Druids should see an increase in their numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Blizzard was annoyed at people using Warlocks on Dark Animus to soak Matter Swaps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The problem with this nerf is that melee have more controlled burst than range and this will especially hurt shadow. Pally bibble and pop cds will be enough to kill them since now their off healinf is crap in pvp. DK in AMS will be immune to fear and will be able to burst them. Rogues will stunlock them and burst. Warrior, it goes w/o saying. the 15% damage reduction helped a little to deal with that but with the removal of resil from pvp gear, burst is already crazy for them and i am not sure how these classes will be able to adapt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The problem with this nerf is that melee have more controlled burst than range and this will especially hurt shadow. Pally bibble and pop cds will be enough to kill them since now their off healinf is crap in pvp. DK in AMS will be immune to fear and will be able to burst them. Rogues will stunlock them and burst. Warrior, it goes w/o saying. the 15% damage reduction helped a little to deal with that but with the removal of resil from pvp gear, burst is already crazy for them and i am not sure how these classes will be able to adapt.

They can simply provide bonus resilience to the specs if they're too squishy in PvP.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The devs are completely right, that flat damage resistance was a big deal in PvE, where most damage is magical.

Obviously this change will need to be compensated in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The devs are completely right, that flat damage resistance was a big deal in PvE, where most damage is magical.

Not really, Shadow has 1 defensive and so does boomkin and boomkin's is lol. It was never game breaking in pve and absolutely needed in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Not really, Shadow has 1 defensive and so does boomkin and boomkin's is lol. It was never game breaking in pve and absolutely needed in pvp.

It was gamebreaking in PvE and also increased the value of absorbs, which they want to be lessened. The amount of damage prevented by passive damage reduction modifiers is pretty astounding when you start number crunching.

It's easy to compensate in PvP though by simply providing that specialization a resilience bonus passive.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/14/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Question:" "Moonkin Form no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%"
This is huge nerf for PvP... You need to compensate or something. Else I'm doomed to play arenas on alts again
Blue Answer: We removed these because they were causing a lot of problems in PvE situations. Don't fret though as we intend to balance around this change as we can adjust the damage in PvP to compensate for this in many different ways, such as resilience.

There you go.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It wasn't gamebreaking, because the game didn't, you know, break. But I can imagine it's hard to balance for some players taking 15% less damage than others.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Aspect of the Iron Hawk nerfed to 10% damage reduction next patch, like 5% is going to change anything. They just want hunters to be easy kill in pvp and take their burst and defense abilities away.

Or it's to make Spirit Bond more attractive and for us to have less problematic damage reduction without massive buffing elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really want to see some official explination of why, and more importantly how these classes are going to be compensated, not to be overly biased or anything...but esp. in the case of moonkin, who were not renowned for their durability to start with.

I was scratching my head on why they nerfed moonkin passive mitigation to. It really doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
06/14/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Kalderath

I was scratching my head on why they nerfed moonkin passive mitigation to. It really doesn't make sense.

Please read my above post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]