Can't slow fall while blazing speed is on you

100 Undead Mage
While I imagine this is intentional, I can't imagine why as Blazing Speed is off the GCD and you just have to change the order in a macro to make it work. Is this intentional or the tip of an iceberg I can't see yet?
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
I Q_Qed about this big time when 5.3 dropped and I was called crazy and laughed out the room!

YOU SEE NOW MAGES? YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!

In all seriousness, not a single real rational explanation was given for this nerf. It was demonstrated that the nerf doesn't accomplish anything except for 3 basic things:

1) It forces you to cast slow fall before blazing speed (a completely random arbritrary casting restriction the likes the game hasn't seen before).

2) It breaks the following castsequence macro:

/castsequence reset=20 Blazing Speed, Slow Fall, Goblin Gliders

3) It nerfs fun.

It was demonstrated that due to 1), there is a net power delta of 0. I.e. the 'change' made no impact on how OP or UP the spells are, i.e. the change was balance agnostic.

So yea.. pretty much everyone is baffled why such a random change was done. But then again, Blizz is going around nerfing manneroth's fury, which makes no sense either.

Maybe a case of lunatics running the asylum? Who knows...
Edited by Zomgdps on 6/13/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]