Celestial Blessings: Yu'lon's Challenge (DPS)

100 Draenei Priest
I have been repeatedly dying to this as an SPriest. I cannot get all the adds down. I can't cc them and they reach me before I can dot all of them. The one dot I can do while running just cannot kill the adds before they get super fast and swarm me.

Has anyone been able to beat this as an SPriest?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Mage
I would love to hear from any balance druid who has completed this quest spent over 475g on repairs just trying to get the adds down as well as try to stay behind him. So pls if any druids out there has completed this quest pls let me know. My main is a balance druid just to clear things up
Edited by Paganrose on 6/12/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Mana Users can get an Intel buff from the Celestial Offering. As for hunters, the item is no help whatsoever. That plus the fact we can not heal ourselves, and the adds one shots our pets, puts us a a big disadvantage, compare to the other range classes.
Reply Quote
Mana Users can get an Intel buff from the Celestial Offering. As for hunters, the item is no help whatsoever. That plus the fact we can not heal ourselves, and the adds one shots our pets, puts us a a big disadvantage, compare to the other range classes.

I agree 100%. I've been able to get him close but haven't gotten it completed. I am looking for someone to team up with if you'd be interested. Drist#1903
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Mana Users can get an Intel buff from the Celestial Offering.... snip

The Celestial Offering only gives 10% of base INT, which for my warlock is like 19 INT. Curiously, over in the Red Crane temple it gives 1000 health/sec which was quite nice for my shaman.

All in all, if you have the option I recommend you do the Healer version of the quest. My shaman (Letria) facerolled the Healer version, it's a couple of orders of magnitude easier than the range dps version. This quest sucks for the mages, warlocks & hunters though, which don't have the option to do the healer version.

Actually, mages can use Greater Invisibility to run up to balcony behind Yu'lon and completely bypass the adds. So hunters and warlocks are the ones left to suffer. I suppose hunters can use traps, barrage & multi-shot, but I don't know much about hunters. I'm pulling my hair out on my warlock. I've gotten the first wave of adds down by using fear, but it's still on cool-down for the second wave. I might spec Affliction to get access to Curse of Exhaustion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
yea I would like to get some pointers been trying everything dont seem to get adds down fast enough and they seem to keep re spawning so i dont get much time on wrath
any suggestions?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Okay, just finished it after wiping 20x. I went surv spec. Here's the key. Switch your pet to tank spec. MD your pet to Wraith. Have a ice and explosive trap at his feet. The adds he spawns should go to your pet and get entrapment. Kill the adds and periodically heal your pet. Wraith won't even bother you. Dps him. Kill and trap adds repeatedly. Use barrage and multishot. When he makes the images just go to balcony and kill adds. Bandage if needed. Wraith will come back to attacking your pet. Get away from them and kill adds then back to Wraith. I barely took any damage this way. FD if adds get too close or your ice trap is on CD.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
You are not alone; this quest is quite difficult I believe for shadow priest. Our pet does not live long enough; using silence on him is a joke, and trying to trap all those adds is not very successful. Running up top like the hunter did worked poorly for me. The stuff on the ground is kind of tough to avoid non stop let alone the adds and him. I may just skip trying to do it as shadow and make a secondary spec for disc and try that. I doubt it can be much worse.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
KITE
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I equipped that scuttler's shell that decreases your aggro. Laid down those angelic feathers up the stairs to balcony. Made a macro that targeted Wrathion then SW:Pain. Stood behind him and hit him with mind blast, flay, pain. Hit shadowfiend and then ran up to balcony. He came up, adds didn't. Keep hitting him with macro, blast. flay Stay close and when he goes into his burn cast run straight through to behind him and hit macro, turn and blast and flay. Rinse and repeat. I did this at 525. That shell may or may not have helped but I felt it helped me.
Good luck
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Sorchael
I have been repeatedly dying to this as an SPriest. I cannot get all the adds down. I can't cc them and they reach me before I can dot all of them. The one dot I can do while running just cannot kill the adds before they get super fast and swarm me.

Has anyone been able to beat this as an SPriest?

I have been trying to do this Challenge , I have tried everything that everyone has told me, I have kited the adds, I have walked the rail, I have hit him from behind, I have buffed, flasked, eaten, shadowfiend,tendriled etc etc, and have yet to be able to get him down, .....I have used disperse, physic scream etc...and nothing, get him down with most of my health and still get one shotted when he has mass images of himself
what should I do,
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I hate this quest... honestly... i try to do everything u guys have said and nothing seems to work. Its very frustrating and im just simple thinking of forgeting about this toon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]