Tier 16 - Seriously??

90 Human Mage
I am really disappointed with what Blizzard managed to come up with for our Tier 16 set. For one, it is too similar to our Tier 13 set (which was horrible) and secondly, it doesn't look magey in the least.

Tier 15 was the best set we've had for at least 2 expansions and the first one in a long time that looked mage-like. It embodied the feel of a dragon-mage perfectly and I was really looking forward to seeing what Blizzard could come up with for Tier 16.

Very disappointed. I'm totally over the space-mage/futuristic style of some of our tier sets (Tier 8, Tier 13 and now 16).

I yearn for a more elegant, intricately designed set that has the typical Archmage style look and feel to it, but is unique and powerful.

I would like to make one simple suggestion:

STOP with all the crap enclosed helmets for our tier sets!!
We are MAGES...give us cowls or wizard's hats or circlets. Anything but these stupid face-covering helmets that may be well suited to DKs, Warriors, Paladins, etc, but look about as un-magelike as it gets.
Yes, Tier 15 had an enclosed helmet and I loved that set, but that's a lone exception as it had the whole dragon shape and matched perfectly with the robe and amazing shoulders.
Generally, helmets suck for mages.

Just throwing it out there, but maybe consider a different head piece for us for future tier sets, such as:

1. Cowls - worked brilliantly for Tier 5.
2. Circlets - Unique simple circlets with magic runes on them or even magical circlets (such as a circlet of pure fire or pure ice).
3. Wizard's Hats - They don't have to be plan single coloured blue or red hats we're used to seeing - they could be much more elaborately designed, but wizard's hats embody what mages represent beautifully.
4. Coronets
Edited by Aethenor on 6/12/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree.

And I wish some of the other classes would get the steampunk look. Ideally I figure each class should have a steampunk set that the engineers can use to be all neat and steampunky.

What do you think of the mage Challenge Mode set?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
While I do admit the medieval-like helmet is pretty retarded looking, this is the reason they gave us transmog. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mage T16; Revenge of the T13 Oven Mitt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The set I always look to as the perfect example of mage-y gear is our Challenge Mode set. But T16 definitely takes the cake -- it's not only ugly, its unoriginal. Thank god for Transmog, huh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Escape
Interface
Display Helmet
Uncheck
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
06/12/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Ollix
the perfect example of mage-y gear is our Challenge Mode set.

This and S2/t5. Both are so wonderful and just amazing to look at.

This is just.

Hnnngh barf
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I don't like the way it looks either but you learn to accept the things you can't change and move forward.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
T16 looks like a cross between T15 and Timelords Regalia.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
For some reason, I like it.
Reply Quote
I agree.

And I wish some of the other classes would get the steampunk look. Ideally I figure each class should have a steampunk set that the engineers can use to be all neat and steampunky.

What do you think of the mage Challenge Mode set?

Steampunk...oh god..please no.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
As a gnome, I think it looks great. On anybody else? Don't display the helm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
ok i can't find a pic of this set anywhere can someone please link it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Agreed!

Oh, and I approve very much of your transmog OP
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
If the shoulders didn't have big goofy spiky things on top, I might use them with my xmog set.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
ok i can't find a pic of this set anywhere can someone please link it?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/june/mage_t16_malev2.jpg

The only part about this set that I do not like is the goggles. I'm fine with the rest of it though.

To the OP, the head piece I would prefer out of the four you listed would be the cowl. In my mind, the tier 6, 11 and 15 sets have been the best looking sets for mages.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
1. Cowls - worked brilliantly for Tier 5.
2. Circlets - Unique simple circlets with magic runes on them or even magical circlets (such as a circlet of pure fire or pure ice).
3. Wizard's Hats - They don't have to be plan single coloured blue or red hats we're used to seeing - they could be much more elaborately designed, but wizard's hats embody what mages represent beautifully.
4. Coronets
You've got my vote
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
With transmog, I don't care what the sets look like.
Reply Quote
So many complaints about design it's just mind boggling.

Here's the thing about art: No one agrees about everything.
Reply Quote
Hey... Umm what? You mean to say you want TBCmage tier back. Well hey umm what ??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]