Tier 16 - Seriously??

100 Undead Mage
So many complaints about design it's just mind boggling.

Here's the thing about art: No one agrees about everything.
Here's another thing about art. People have opinions about it, some good, some bad. However, there's nothing wrong with giving your opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You won't get T16 anyway, so don't stress it :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Ego
06/12/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Aethenor
We are MAGES...give us cowls or wizard's hats or circlets.

Thats why they have transmog.
Reply Quote
I like it!

Now warlocks, there's the problem...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I'm not a big fan, but I think a possible positive is that this will actually look good on a worgen. The top part of the helm will be like goggles while the snout pokes out in the bottom without actually interfering with any of the helm graphics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's OK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Spikes on shoulders look dumb and the helm looks dumb they need to do like a wizard hat that would be cool
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
06/12/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Aethenor
It embodied the feel of a dragon-mage perfectly

What is a dragon-mage?

I don't disagree though. It feels like a partial copy/paste of our dragon soul tier set (which wasn't terrible, but also didn't look anything like something mages would wear).

I just don't get their obsession with making mages wear engineering-esque goggles.
Reply Quote
It feels like a partial copy/paste of our dragon soul tier set (which wasn't terrible, but also didn't look anything like something mages would wear).

Well, we kept asking them to bring Cata mages back. Who knew they would bring back THAT!?
Edited by Vortune on 6/28/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
For those saying that's why we have transmog, that's not an argument.

There are those of us who don't want to have to trasnmog into old sets all the time, but actually would like to see some NEW sets that actually look like something mages would wear, but perhaps a more unique and intricate version of previous mage-looking gear.

Why do most of our tier sets since the start of Wrath all have to have the stupid enclosed helmet look or ridiculous engineering goggles look?

There's nothing wrong with saying I would like to see more variety and more gear that looks like something MAGES would wear, not pallies or warriors or warlocks, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Time Lord's Regalia was the absolutely most awesome set ever made. In fact, only the challenge mode armour competes with it. That said, t16 looks like it tried to copy t13, but remembered that it has to look like rubbish MoP gear and got stuck somewhere in between.

It's not the most amazing set, but it's leaps and bounds better than the boring that was t15.
Reply Quote
I have no opinion on appearances since i'm a male troll, they look awful in any gear. But vol'jin is awesome.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Mage
I dislike it, but art is subjective as always. Some people will like it, some won't. If you don't like it, that's what transmog is for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't mind the look of it, to be completely honest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's not my favorite, but not my least liked either. Personally I hated T12, and some loved it. But to each their own.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
What do you think of the mage Challenge Mode set?

It looks like a child designed it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Yeah, not that great looking.

Maybe we should get some 'less is more' sets. Like, a vest. Enough robes!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Tier 16 is hideous no doubt about it, but how so many people can have such unmitigated gall and blasphemy to not list Tier 11 as one of the best mage sets of all time is beyond me. Blue for frost and red for fire. My favorites after that is Tier 10 heroic along with Tier 15.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Mage
Tier 16 is hideous no doubt about it, but how so many people can have such unmitigated gall and blasphemy to not list Tier 11 as one of the best mage sets of all time is beyond me. Blue for frost and red for fire. My favorites after that is Tier 10 heroic along with Tier 15.

Because art is subjective. The helm's aesthetic quality differs based on race.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]