Population fixed in 5.4!

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
From the PTR patch notes:

New Feature: Virtual Realms
  • Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
  • Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.
100 Blood Elf Monk
yeah. I'm kind of stoked about it.
I agree, best fix they could have done imo. Merging servers without actually merging them.
100 Undead Mage
I don't get the difference.
100 Blood Elf Monk
They're basically using CRZ to merge realms permanently and allowing those realms to interact like one big realm.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's to hoping that we dont get paired up with my old servers.
I don't get the difference.

"Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House"

Thats the main difference. Its merging realms without actually merging them. The # so there can be more than one character of the same name on the same virtual realm.
100 Troll Druid
I just want my rares all to myself and my ore and herb nodes. :( ALL MY RARES! How am I supposed to horde more than just my 27 Elixir of Ancient Knowledge now!? D:
100 Orc Shaman
My only serious complaint about this new feature is summed up in one word: accountability. Yes, more people is fine, but I want to know that our virtual realm will always be composed of the same servers, so that people are not just the anonymous !@#$%^-s CRZ has proven them to be. As long as people can still be socially punished for bad behavior, I'm behind it. Otherwise the toxic community that would come about would be pretty unbearable.
100 Troll Druid
A little too late for me
100 Blood Elf Monk
ut I want to know that our virtual realm will always be composed of the same servers, so that people are not just the anonymous !@#$%^-s CRZ has proven them to be

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together,

sets of realms. It implies that the VR sets will be specific realms per set. At least how they've been going on about it.
90 Pandaren Monk
Predicted yrs ago with a buddy that they would do something like this so as to avoid the "server merge" stigma while at the same time obviously getting with the times in terms of getting all MMO players on the same page more or less. "Realms" "servers" etc slowly becoming a thing of the past, at least where games like this are concerned. I agree that it's the best thing they could have done and I'm glad they're going ahead with it tbh. They've made a few missteps over the years but this isn't one of em. Just speaking personally and for those I play with, we're looking forward to it.
100 Goblin Priest
let's hope we get paired with other low and medium pop servers instead of being added to something high pop.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Hypothetical question: how many dead servers have to be fused to make one med-pop server?
Real question: would you want to have plenty of alliance around, but be unable to gank them because you outnumber them less than 3:1?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]